Ncis: Red

13»

Comments

• TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Definite "meh" from me....

If picked up, wouldn't be surprised if most of the on screen team was changed.
  • tamibecketttamibeckett Posts: 5,261
    Forum Member
    Deadline has said that "Red" is probably a dead pilot.
  • catinabasketcatinabasket Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only watchable actor for me was John Corbett. As soon as he appeared I thought he was the embodiment of Jack Reacher.
  • Martin1Martin1 Posts: 8,306
    Forum Member
    Deadline has said that "Red" is probably a dead pilot.
    Now confirmed.
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/05/15/cbs-confirms-ncis-spinoff-will-not-be-moving-forward/182805/
  • DarthFaderDarthFader Posts: 3,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shame. I loved the original but hated LA for two reasons. One the boss. Two many episodes seemingly forgot that the N stands for Navel IMHO. It seems a harsh environment for new shows ATM even with big franchises.

PJ
  • Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not surprised, it didn't jump out at me and make me want to see more of the characters.
    Forum Member
    From EW:
    10 shocking pilot season rejects: Why they didn't make it
    NCIS LA: RED
    Pitch: The spin-off pilot aired as an episode of NCIS: LA earlier this season: A small mobile team of agents are forced to live and work together as they crisscross the country solving crimes. John Corbett stars.
    Why It Should Have Worked: It has “NCIS” in the title.
    Why It Didn’t: The feeling at the network was spinoff wasn’t “special” enough. I know, you’re smirking.
    Forum Member
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,684
    Forum Member
    martine93 wrote: »

That's terrible English/grammar :( To whom has it been "passed on"? :rolleyes:
  • NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DarthFader wrote: »
    Shame. I loved the original but hated LA for two reasons. One the boss. Two many episodes seemingly forgot that the N stands for Navel IMHO. It seems a harsh environment for new shows ATM even with big franchises.

PJ

I’m the opposite, I don’t like NCIS but do like NCIS:LA. Having said that, its not amazing, just watchable. If NCIS:Red had of gone ahead I doubt I would have watched it.

And I totally agree with you about NCIS:LA really stretching the ‘Navel’ premise of the show. To me it feels like they want to be a normal crime investigation show but are haunted by the fact they have NCIS in the shows title.
  • logansdadlogansdad Posts: 1,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was planning on watching RED if it had been picked up only because after seeing the premise on NCISLA it looked mind boggingly awful!! Seeing the agents padding around in their pyjamas was laughable. The whole concept of living in the back of a truck made me think of Knight Rider.
  • HorizonPeteHorizonPete Posts: 181
    Forum Member
    Not surprised that it's been dropped the backdoor pilot was pretty poor. I do like the idea mentioned somewhere above about a JAG-style spinoff. Caught a few JAG episodes (I think some are stilled aired on one of the SKY based CBS channels) so a return or new version would be interesting.
    NoEntry2k wrote: »
    And I totally agree with you about NCIS:LA really stretching the ‘Navel’ premise of the show. To me it feels like they want to be a normal crime investigation show but are haunted by the fact they have NCIS in the shows title.
    Agree, they're supposedly an undercover assignment unit but spend most of their investigations in standard police procedural mode. Daniela Ruah is hot though.
    Imagine having a boss like Hetty :eek:
  • Cally's mumCally's mum Posts: 4,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not surprised that it's been dropped the backdoor pilot was pretty poor. I do like the idea mentioned somewhere above about a JAG-style spinoff. Caught a few JAG episodes (I think some are stilled aired on one of the SKY based CBS channels) so a return or new version would be interesting.

Agree, they're supposedly an undercover assignment unit but spend most of their investigations in standard police procedural mode. Daniela Ruah is hot though.
    Imagine having a boss like Hetty :eek:

I adore Hetty. She's always 'there' when you turn around ... :D

I really enjoy NCIS LA because I adore the characters and their interaction with each other. And I love Nell. She's a 'Hetty in training'! :D
  • HorizonPeteHorizonPete Posts: 181
    Forum Member
    Certainly has a lighter air to it than other shows which is great for a Sunday night. Entertaining for the most part to.
  • Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NoEntry2k wrote: »

Actually NCIS: LA is more about 'navels' than being 'naval' in truth! :)

But going back to my idea about a new pilot focusing on the JAG side of investigations (a combined JAG/NCIS law and order type show might work following a crime beyond the point that NCIS leaves it).

I wonder if the fall out with the original creator/producer (Don Bellisario) is a problem. His naval shows go back a long way and you can trace a continuity from Magnum to Quantum Leap to JAG to NCIS to NCIS: LA (though not his). But NCIS: LA seems to have branched away after his departure from the franchise. So maybe this is why they have not gone the JAG route.

But it needed this touch of difference that NCIS: Red just never offered. So if they do try again to spin off NCIS let us hope they do consider this.

I heard that before JAG spawned NCIS they were considering a JAG: San Diego spin off. Wonder why that never happened?

Amazing though to think that JAG was cancelled after 1 series and got picked up by another channel. 20 years later someone must be kicking themselves!
    Forum Member
    I heard that before JAG spawned NCIS they were considering a JAG: San Diego spin off.
    Indeed they were. There's a back-door pilot in the final season called just that.

In fact, if you have CBS Drama.....
    DRAMA: JAG
    On: CBS Drama (197)
    Date: Friday 31st May 2013 (starting in 9 days)
    Time: 17:00 to 18:00 (1 hour long)

JAG: San Diego. Series 10, episode 17.
    Top Gun meets A Few Good Men in this legal drama series. General Cresswell moves the JAG conference to San Diego because of a snowstorm. Meanwhile, Mattie is injured in an accident.
    (2005, PG)

Director: Vern Gillum
    Starring: David James Elliott, Catherine Bell, David Andrews, Chris Beetem, Seamus Dever, Meta Golding

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Excerpt taken from DigiGuide - the world's best TV guide available from http://www.getdigiguide.tv/?p=1&r=1495

Copyright (c) GipsyMedia Limited.
    Wonder why that never happened?
    No idea.
    Amazing though to think that JAG was cancelled after 1 series and got picked up by another channel. 20 years later someone must be kicking themselves!
    Yep. Them and the guy who said that "guitar groups are dead" and therefore didn't sign 'The Beatles' to his label :D
  • Dar WDar W Posts: 728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i think i read JAG San Diego never got picked up more or less the same reason NCIS:Red never got picked up,was not special enough or different enough from the original to warrant it and JAG had a good 10 season run so perhaps it was good to stop it then
  • Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I revived this thread because I have just discovered that
    Admiral Chegwidden (from JAG) is appearing in the season finale of NCIS (on Fox next Friday). So we do finally get a JAG/NCIS cross over. :)
    Forum Member
    Wow! Certainly didn't expect that. Given that the character retired before the end of that show I wonder how they're writing the person in; and why?

Really looking forward to it now :)
  • LazySusanLazySusan Posts: 6,413
    Forum Member
    Was this ever shown in the UK, if so when and on which channel.Thanks
  • Jimmy SkitzJimmy Skitz Posts: 3,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LazySusan wrote: »
    Was this ever shown in the UK, if so when and on which channel.Thanks

it was a backdoor pilot during the last NCIS LA series on Sky 1