Options

Thoughts of Episode 13? [THE BIG BANG] (Merged)

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 226
Forum Member
What did you guys think of The Big Bang?

Personally, it was never to see an series of Doctor Who so well tied in and up by the end.

I have even more of a feeling that River Song is a time lady based on her last conversation with the Doctor.

Cleopatra on the Orient Express at Christmas, in Space. How interesting.

Oh, and Fez's are definately cool.

Comments

• Options
    CarlosVelaCarlosVela Posts: 3,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anti-climax
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    absolutely epic. perfect.
  • Options
    allen_whoallen_who Posts: 2,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Need another watch... but quite disapointed we didn't find out who that voice in the tardis was and who was behind it all....
  • Options
    THEHANDOFOMEGATHEHANDOFOMEGA Posts: 220
    Forum Member
    Damn U Moffat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was riveting - excellent ending to the season :)
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    Strange, we did not find out who said' silence will fall' and it was the same ending as LOTL , with a big reset button and time whizzing backwards. It was ok in places, but was a bit of a mish mash really.

Looking forward to the Orient Express for xmas though!
  • Options
    CarlosVelaCarlosVela Posts: 3,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    allen_who wrote: »
    Need another watch... but quite disapointed we didn't find out who that voice in the tardis was and who was behind it all....

Yeah i think that's what i didn't like.

Sure, sets up the next series nicely, but you would've thought we'd see something now.

Maybe another watch will give some hints.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great stuff, so that's why he still had his jacket on when talking to Amy when she was keeping her eyes shut!
    Ahhhh nice.

Six months till the next one then. (just under)
  • Options
    grazmangrazman Posts: 607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    anti climax - didnt understand it at all!
  • Options
    mirandashellmirandashell Posts: 2,943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That made not a lick of sense! If all it took to save the Doctor was a blast of the screwdriver, what the hell of all the fuss about? They built up this huge deal about the Doctor being the most dangerous thing in the Universe, that the Universe would cease to exist because of him and then what? A blast from the screwdriver......

<sigh>
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 115
    Forum Member
    did like "something new, something old, something borrowed, something blue". I'd been wondering why he described the Tardis as the bluest you've every seen.
  • Options
    cctpscctps Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was brilliant. It didn't try to hard to be twisty and turny. It tied things up enough but left us with 2 very tantalising questions for the next series. Who is River? And who/what is the voice in the Tardis?

Bravo!
  • Options
    mikkyhmikkyh Posts: 1,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    Strange, we did not find out who said' silence will fall' and it was the same ending as LOTL , with a big reset button and time whizzing backwards. It was ok in places, but was a bit of a mish mash really.

Looking forward to the Orient Express for xmas though!

Not strange at all...it'll be explained next series :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    Loved it :-) Fast paced and exciting and it all made sense (well sort of, except the stuff for next time which is the hook for viewers to keep watching and shows the skill of a good writer imho).

I admit to being a complete pessimist about Matt Smith being the Doctor after DT but he has won me over. Completely different finale with no real big bad this time round. And still begging the question and dangling that tantalising carrot:

Who/what is River Song? And why does she keep apologising (the good man she killed?)
  • Options
    GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is a main episode thread where lots of us are sharing out thoughts of Episode 13.

Join in, keep the place tidy!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What exactly did it tie up? Please explain it to me cos I don't get it. As far as I'm concerned it was an incoherent mess.
  • Options
    robbies_galrobbies_gal Posts: 32,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    didnt like it

he caused the end of reality?

er what?

nice to see rory back though and amelai and river the stars of the show
  • Options
    thebill22thebill22 Posts: 1,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought at first when they revealed that the doctor had ecscaped and Amy had lived that it was going to be an anti climax but after that i thought it was really good. I liked the wedding at the end, just wished we had to got to know Amy's family a bit more.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 44
    Forum Member
    AMAZING EPISODE,

Nothing what all of us with our theories imagined, very confusing at the start especially seeing amy in the pandorica.

Perfectly put together this episode and was totally brilliant, i loved how everything went back in time and then forward again, and manipulating thing and all sorts,

Over all

FANTASTIC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S: I think leaving the big bad for this year was a great idea. !

Well Done Moffat !
  • Options
    mikkyhmikkyh Posts: 1,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    didnt like it

he caused the end of reality?

er what?

nice to see rory back though and amelai and river the stars of the show

No, he didn't. Someone (we won't find out who it was until next series) caused the TARDIS to explode and cause the end of reality/riputures through time.

The doctor simply created another big bang to create the world all over again.
  • Options
    TalmaTalma Posts: 10,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AMAZING EPISODE,

Nothing what all of us with our theories imagined, very confusing at the start especially seeing amy in the pandorica.

Perfectly put together this episode and was totally brilliant, i loved how everything went back in time and then forward again, and manipulating thing and all sorts,

Over all

FANTASTIC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S: I think leaving the big bad for this year was a great idea. !

Well Done Moffat !

Yes, lots of ends tidied up nicely and more left for next year. Loved it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could someone PLEASE explain to me what was going on? What did it tie up? How did the Doctor cause the end of reality? Who is Amy? Why did 'someone or other' use her memories? Why did all the big bads get together? Why didn't the Doctor know about the end of reality? Why did the Tardis blow up?

What the hell was that all about?
  • Options
    Yoshi FanYoshi Fan Posts: 13,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Too complicated.:(
  • Options
    PeteJBPeteJB Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was not an anti climax at all and I'm glad that most people seem to agree with me! FANTASTIC - best season finale by far! Best series of the new DR WHO and best doctor and companion. That is all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mikkyh wrote: »
    No, he didn't. Someone (we won't find out who it was until next series) caused the TARDIS to explode and cause the end of reality/riputures through time.

The doctor simply created another big bang to create the world all over again.

Hang on a second....

How does starting a second big bang put everything back how it was? That makes no sense.

If the Doctor was on the 'wrong side' how did remembering him bring him back? That makes no sense.

Why would 'someone' make the Tardis explode to destroy reality? That wasn't explained. That makes no sense.

Please someone explain....