Anyone tried Now TV

2»

Comments

• Arwen_EvenstarArwen_Evenstar Posts: 801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So can I get a Now TV box and get totally free access to the current on demand/catch up services? Without the need for a Sky subscription/paid trial etc?
    I might also be interested in the box plus the new Entertainment pass. No interest in sport or movies :)
  • digimon900digimon900 Posts: 4,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So can I get a Now TV box and get totally free access to the current on demand/catch up services? Without the need for a Sky subscription/paid trial etc?
    I might also be interested in the box plus the new Entertainment pass. No interest in sport or movies :)

You have to pay for at least one month of movies or 1 day of sports to activate the box.
  • walmesdanwalmesdan Posts: 806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    digimon900 wrote: »
    You have to pay for at least one month of movies or 1 day of sports to activate the box.

Can't just paying for the Entertainment £4.99 activate the box?
  • chrisychrisy Posts: 9,419
    Forum Member
    digimon900 wrote: »

Not true. I think you can abort the sign-up before that stage, but even if not, then the 1 month free movie pass is £0. The entertainment pass will activate it too at £4.99.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK... The trials and tribulations of a UK expat! Forget the £9.99 NowTv Box, that was a technical disaster. I succeeded though, using an Ethernet wired Roku 3, and getting NowTV, Iplayer, Itv player, Demand 5, and 4od, from the channel store. I am HIGHLY IMPRESSED! The quality and the quantity are awesome for £6.99 a month! I get no stutters, buffering, or interference, and the Roku allows me to use headphones that plug into the remote! I am well happy with what I have got and the money I spent!
  • ovbgovbg Posts: 1,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Although the Roku3 is a great box (I have both that and the Now TV box), I was wondering why it was a technical disaster for you. Do you have insufficient WiFi in your home?

As said, I have both, with the Now TV box working for UK content and the Roku 3 switched to US for American content (though I had switched it around a couple of times for testing purposes and works great for UK stuff as well)
  • daydotzdaydotz Posts: 201
    Forum Member
    My problem seems to be the with the apps they don't seem to work first time the lock up & I normally have to go back to the home screen & start again before iPlayer works and demand 5 hangs on the loading screen with my roku 2
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ovbg wrote: »
    Although the Roku3 is a great box (I have both that and the Now TV box), I was wondering why it was a technical disaster for you. Do you have insufficient WiFi in your home?

The wifi channels in the UK are marginally different and so it would not connect except on a frequency that clashed with whatever else fills the airwaves with data (channel 13 I think)
    in my area wifi is so overused that the signals interrupt one another, as well as the same frequencies used for cordless phones. We have free public wifi provided by the city, which always works, but needs a browser window to open so you can agree to the terms and conditions etc. You Can't use ANY Vpn on that system anyway its set that way. People get wireless boosters and that increases the problems and now they change their routers to ones that have 2.5 and 5ghz broadcasters so both bands are full full full, against all that the NowTV box is very weak and just can't hack the load. I am lucky in that my house is wired for Ethernet, with several sockets in the walls in every room, and I have no wireless devices apart from the VPN router, which has its wifi shut down completely in the software.