TalkTalk TV website has disappeared.

I just thought I'd post that the TalkTalk TV website has disappeared.

http://www.talktalk.co.uk/products/tvextra/

I wonder if that's the end of TalkTalk TV.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 479
    Forum Member
    no its not.
  • stuntmasterstuntmaster Posts: 5,070
    Forum Member
    I keep getting a talk talk sales rep saying it's comming in january. Apparently better than BT vision. I think they may be going for a BT Vision style system because for Talk Talk TV to work didn't they have to do something to the exchange? The guy says it will be avaliable to me in january. I know my exchange NEVER had talk talk tv enabled.

Basing on this logic I can in theory think they might be dropping the live channels and going for instead a DTT + IPTV / Youview system. Which many talk talk customers may think is a backwards step. I could be wrong tho.

Also be warned that their site's post code checker works but doesn't tell you that you will be bombarded with phonecalls and salesreps on your door every five minutes.
  • kesterwwwkesterwww Posts: 84
    Forum Member

Also be warned that their site's post code checker works but doesn't tell you that you will be bombarded with phonecalls and salesreps on your door every five minutes.

To be honest there is a warning under the box where you put your phone number saying they will contact you if you use the checker. Which is why I never checked. I had a talk talk rep knock at my door trying to tell me My street had been allocated "free broadband" status and that I should't be paying BT for my broadband. He was also surprised my neighbour hadn't told me this, presumably because they had recently taken advantage. I didn't mention the fact my neighbour had been in India for the last few months and has all his services from Sky. He had me a bit confused to begin with but once I figured out what he was talking about I sent him on his way.
    Pretty shocking trying to bullspit customers into taking their service.
    Forum Member
    kesterwww wrote: »
    To be honest there is a warning under the box where you put your phone number saying they will contact you if you use the checker. Which is why I never checked. I had a talk talk rep knock at my door trying to tell me My street had been allocated "free broadband" status and that I should't be paying BT for my broadband. He was also surprised my neighbour hadn't told me this, presumably because they had recently taken advantage. I didn't mention the fact my neighbour had been in India for the last few months and has all his services from Sky. He had me a bit confused to begin with but once I figured out what he was talking about I sent him on his way.
    Pretty shocking trying to bullspit customers into taking their service.

Is there? there wasn't when I checked! that was back in august!

Agreed though this is about the 40th talk talk rep ive had. everythime i tell them im fine. they usually go but TV is comming ... blah blah blah. one rep even said that BT is no better than freeview it'self and that it offered nothing extra than a standard freeview PVR. yet we all know it does IPTV.
    Forum Member
    whats quite funny is their comparison site:

https://sales.talktalk.co.uk/products/broadband/competitor.html

sky is the cheapest, surely as a selling point you wouldn't want that on there?
  • 1andrew11andrew1 Posts: 4,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whats quite funny is their comparison site:

https://sales.talktalk.co.uk/products/broadband/competitor.html

sky is the cheapest, surely as a selling point you wouldn't want that on there?

Hilarious, they've really shot themsleves in both feet!:D

TalkTalk need to calculate the year 2 costs for each provider (including adding Sky's £3 pm security charge) and cost Sky with and without TV (another £2.50 pm for the latter). Incidentally, the price they quote for a Sky TV package at £18 is too low - from January 20111 it will be £19.50 and the other fees I've mentioned have probably risen slightly too.

The extra Sky charges total £66pa thereby making TalkTalk a whole £2,46 per year cheaper from years 2 onwards for Talk Talk Plus and £14.46 per year for Essentials.
  • hanssolohanssolo Posts: 22,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I keep getting a talk talk sales rep saying it's comming in january. Apparently better than BT vision. I think they may be going for a BT Vision style system because for Talk Talk TV to work didn't they have to do something to the exchange? The guy says it will be avaliable to me in january. I know my exchange NEVER had talk talk tv enabled.

Basing on this logic I can in theory think they might be dropping the live channels and going for instead a DTT + IPTV / Youview system.
    Youview which Talktalk has joined, has been now delayed much later in 2011.

Suspect they were going to factor in the new TV service will be cheaper than Sky's £19 PM which would have made Talktalk the cheapest provider in the comparison tables, but can't until it launches.

Notice they have a new movie service from Lovefilm, which will have to be DVD delivery until Youview launches!