The Whoonie Inn (Part 24 - Spoiler Free Zone)

Comments

• WebslarkWebslark Posts: 18,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nebogipfel wrote: »
    Bacon? Nooooo....they're soya substitute, honest! They did look at us a bit funny when Mrs Nebo asked me to defrost Linda mcCartney's balls for our guests.
    She's not ready for a public hooter showing. She says one of them keeps going wonky.

Have you offered them any Soylent Green?
    The silicone has probably started to perish
  • CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Getting into some good ones here. The Moff has definitely got his footing by now.

The Week and Pizza

Opening shot: Pizza getting divided into six slices. Seven would have been perfect but how would you do that? But it’s all right – seven pizzas in all, count ’em. A week divided into seven days, and round the circle we start again.

Interesting to see that no-one, not Sam, Kenny or even Lynda, can summon the courage to sack Claire from the graphics department.

Sophie and Laura’s gore balls. Just a foretaste of their special creations at the cocktail party. :eek:

Colin selling relaxer suckers, and naturally Sarah is one of his first customers. But I don’t think Hammy would care for Colin at all after what happened to his box of hamsters. :(

And from Lynda, instead of the Almost Kiss Spike gets the Staged Kiss for Yvonne. But there won’t be long to wait…

And Tiddler meets a children’s author who hates children but learns a lesson herself in how to write about people she doesn’t like.

Love and the Junior Gazette

Great set of variations on a theme.
    Sarah inadvertently starts a relationship she believes is doomed, but it isn’t because Raymond doesn’t know the identity of the person writing.
    Kenny inadvertently starts a relationship he doesn’t believe is doomed, but it is because he doesn’t know the identity of the person he’s phoning.
    Meanwhile, Lynda is desperately trying to avoid starting a relationship everyone knows is inevitable, by trying to change the identity of the person she goes to the party with.
    In the course of her efforts she thwarts Kenny’s relationship by making him hang up the phone, and finally his frustration explodes and the heat becomes the catalyst that forces Spike and Lynda to get together, like some weird chemical reaction.

Sarah smiles even less than Lynda but her smile is rather nice too. :)

Been a while since we’ve seen Matt Kerr.

Looks like a different building used for the exterior of the Gaz. I think the one used in Series 1 had been torn down, which was why they had to build a set for the office interior.

Innuendo alert: ‘It’s just a Coke.’ :D

Are those pyjama pants Colin's wearing? :confused:

Love the scene where Lynda is trying to start a casual conversation with Frazz. They've got nothing to talk about.

Jenny dumped Kenny for being ‘too understanding’ but he claimed victory because he told her he understood. :D

Raymond Adams is not exactly Gary Morris but Sarah’s still too good for him. :p

At Last a Dragon

This episode is done so well after the long buildup.

Hmm … don’t look now Spike, but you’re on CrotchCam.

Of course in the flashback montage Moffat has to repeat ‘Trespassers Will Be Exterminated’. I believe he’ll do it one more time.

I think I forgot to mention the first time, but when Spike first met Lynda and said he would kill a dragon for her, they were established as Knight and Day. Surely no accident. :) But the dragon here is the opposite of what appears to be the dragon and Spike knows that. It isn’t the social situation, it’s her fear of it.

‘Is that a joke about my height?’
    ‘I wouldn’t stoop so low.’

Lynda’s ‘nervous hic’ – we’ll see that again as well.

Accent/diction watch: ‘She’s mad, isn’t she?’ Would Spike say ‘mad’ in that context? It sounds out of place for an American even though he’s supposed to have lived in the UK for five years. Likewise to Colin, ‘Give us the lot’ sounds wrong. If Spike’s accent hadn’t assimilated, his diction probably wouldn’t have done either.

Wee bit of the Gene Kelly perhaps (or Ernie Wise) from Spike at the end. Then a jaunty disco-flavoured version of the end theme with no voiceover. Things have changed, the mood has changed.

So the romantic tension is finally sprung and Spike and Lynda are an item. A lesser show would have jumped the shark at this point, easily. But not this one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think we're witnessing someone's internal monologue in another thread out there. Is that a private matter we are intruding upon? Feels like we should stay out.
  • outsideoutside Posts: 5,610
    Forum Member
    I think we're witnessing someone's internal monologue in another thread out there. Is that a private matter we are intruding upon? Feels like we should stay out.

I wondered about that, too.
  • nebogipfelnebogipfel Posts: 8,375
    Forum Member
    I'm afraid I was reminded of a forum shorthand a friend told me. TLDR - Too long, didn't read.
  • HallamsteriscooHallamsteriscoo Posts: 21,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    outside wrote: »
    I wondered about that, too.
    I'm afraid I was reminded of a forum shorthand a friend told me. TLDR - Too long, didn't read.

I blame DS for getting rid of blogs :D

Drink anyone?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I blame DS for getting rid of blogs :D

Drink anyone?

A very tall Diplosian Ale if you'd be so kind. :)
  • HallamsteriscooHallamsteriscoo Posts: 21,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A very tall Diplosian Ale if you'd be so kind. :)

Certainly Sir :D

*places 3' high glass of ale on the bar for Coalhill*

Oh and anyone called Colin calling into the Inn gets an instant lifetime ban!:mad::D
    Present company excepted, of course, if in the unlikely event your name is actually Colin! :eek::D
  • Sophie ~Oohie~Sophie ~Oohie~ Posts: 10,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh that's what it stands for, I've been wondering for ages :o:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Certainly Sir :D

*places 3' high glass of ale on the bar for Coalhill*

Oh and anyone called Colin calling into the Inn gets an instant lifetime ban!:mad::D
    Present company excepted, of course, if in the unlikely event your name is actually Colin! :eek::D

**finally finishes ale**

Exactly what I had in mind. Fanx. :D
    CoalHill is spelt a bit like Colin but fortunately it's not. :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a question for you Hammy. What is so wrong with the name Colin? Percy's real name might be Colin.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pajs1000 wrote: »
    I have a question for you Hammy. What is so wrong with the name Colin? Percy's real name might be Colin.
    You're not following the Press Gang saga, then? It's all about the Colin Mathews character, not anyone else. :)
    Forum Member
    You're not following the Press Gang saga, then? It's all about the Colin Mathews character, not anyone else. :)

TLDR probably! (not really...fascinating. :D)

Morning. Just had a weird night. Fell asleep with radio earpiece in. Woke up to the voice of Shakespearean acting of someone struggling to get to sleep due to bad conscience...."uneasy lies the head..". - Henry IV. Having realised that it wasn't my own internal monologue and I wasn't in fact a king with issues, I looked it up.

Vivat Rex on Radio Four Extra starring Martin Jarvis and .... Colin Baker!

Recorded in 1977.

I was too groggy to listen properly. I'll Listen Again to it. It's a 26 parter so not sure where Colin comes in.

Anyone heard of Vivat Rex before? Sounds epic. Richard Burton.
    Forum Member
    Aha - Colin's first scene in this he gets the line:

"We know which way the stream of time doth run"

Indeed! It doth run wibbly.
    Forum Member
    oh - and one for dgem - the king has been happy to hear the news of Owen Glendowers death.

right. got to stop now. will listen to it properly later.
  • lach doch mallach doch mal Posts: 16,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TLDR probably! (not really...fascinating. :D)

Morning. Just had a weird night. Fell asleep with radio earpiece in. Woke up to the voice of Shakespearean acting of someone struggling to get to sleep due to bad conscience...."uneasy lies the head..". - Henry IV. Having realised that it wasn't my own internal monologue and I wasn't in fact a king with issues, I looked it up.

Vivat Rex on Radio Four Extra starring Martin Jarvis and .... Colin Baker!

Recorded in 1977.

I was too groggy to listen properly. I'll Listen Again to it. It's a 26 parter so not sure where Colin comes in.

Anyone heard of Vivat Rex before? Sounds epic. Richard Burton.

Are you sure you are not a king with issues (incidentally I read that as kissing issues)? Just because you wake up, and it's not your monologue does not mean that it isn't you.

**puts brain into vinegar jar**

Morning everybody!

**fires up vat, realises one of the Inn cats has been sleeping in it**

**throws some croissants into the oven**

**squeezes fresh organge juice**

**releases the thumgs**
  • Tiggs99Tiggs99 Posts: 279
    Forum Member
    Good moaning!

It was a night for dreams. I dreamt that Ianto was hiding under my bed. I was feeding him on dairylea triangles and sausages. Heaven knows what that means but I feel mighty odd this morning.
  • outsideoutside Posts: 5,610
    Forum Member
    Tiggs99 wrote: »
    Good moaning!

It was a night for dreams. I dreamt that Ianto was hiding under my bed. I was feeding him on dairylea triangles and sausages. Heaven knows what that means but I feel mighty odd this morning.

That's funny - crazy but funny. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are you sure you are not a king with issues (incidentally I read that as kissing issues)? Just because you wake up, and it's not your monologue does not mean that it isn't you.

**puts brain into vinegar jar**

Morning everybody!

**fires up vat, realises one of the Inn cats has been sleeping in it**

**throws some croissants into the oven**

**squeezes fresh organge juice**

**releases the thumgs**

I trust you de-catted the vat?

*Pours mug of tea from urn, just in case*

Who has nicked all the cheese triangles??? :)
  • lach doch mallach doch mal Posts: 16,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Webslark wrote: »
    I trust you de-catted the vat?

*Pours mug of tea from urn, just in case*

Who has nicked all the cheese triangles??? :)

:o:o

**removes cat from vat**

**whistles innocently**

I think we should keep the cheese triangles in a safe place in the future, Tiggs is feeding them to the zombies:p.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Morning folks - no dreams for me, just the noise of dogs barking at all hours :rolleyes:

Until I am sure the vat has been decaf-feline-ated, I shall stick to tea.

Heres to a good day all round :D
    Forum Member
    Never mind that. Who's nicked me sausage? :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Never mind that. Who's nicked me sausage? :(

was it clearly labelled as yours??

And was it a vegetarian one?
    Forum Member
    Webslark wrote: »
    was it clearly labelled as yours??

And was it a vegetarian one?

Alas and alack, anonymous. You'd have thought I'd learnt my lesson by now.

I'm only reducing my meat intake. I'm still an omnivore. So, yes - pork ahoy. But from pig that was well looked after (for a while).
    Forum Member
    What was that thing the ninth Doctor used to keep the Daleks from attacking the Tardis when he popped by their mothership for a chat? I think I'd like a fridge version of that. Sausage Shield.
This discussion has been closed.