are the BBC planning a secret multi-doctor special?

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll just go get my gun.............
    Just kidding:p
    Really- that's a brilliant idea. I heard an audio story on the radio about Tom Bakers doctor turning up in around present day and going to an old house where the stuffed animals were coming to life at night and he had to be around to sort of hypnotise them. Others were trying to break into the house. It turned out they were tiny wasp like aliens inside them- anyway there could be that kind of scenario going on, and it would all link up in some timey wimey way (fully explained of course), like it did in that audio story. In that case the doc was seeing the wasps in reverse order, which is why they seemed to know more about him than he did about them all the time, and the story gradually got explained.

Almost forgot, the story started with Harry Sullivan (now retired) turning up, having answered an advert.

Mike Yates. But yes, it's very good stuff!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Doctor-Who-Hornets-Stuff-Nightmares/dp/1408426730/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1352834221&sr=8-4
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ahh- woops
    Close enough:p lol Must have been ages ago I heard it, so am probably putting my own hallucinations into the story:) hehe
  • rr22rr22 Posts: 7,623
    Forum Member
    I think a multi doctor story may damage the good work of the new series with nonsense and timey wimey rubbish. They would be best to include old short clips or footage of the series if they insist on looking back and only invite David Tennant back.
  • codename_47codename_47 Posts: 9,683
    Forum Member
    I think, unbeknownst to us, the wheels for this are already in motion.

The Doctor has erased his existence from Time and Space, I'm sure this won't please his past incarnations too much as they go about their life-saving, evil-thwarting, being all-round rather marvelous business.

Those that meet the Daleks and Davros will be perplexed why they have no memory of him..

Those that still have dealings with the time lords will be even more annoyed...

ORRRRR they'll all be so happy about it they'll throw 11 a great big party and talk about old (or new) times ;)
  • CraigpughCraigpugh Posts: 665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd say there will be a special with all the pas era in it, but that it would be done differently to the three and five drs.
    I expect there will be some use of past footage cleverly spliced in, holograms, maybe time crash style bits with more than one i the same room, and maybe some 'almost people' style use of voice work. I think the production team we savvy enough to reimagkne the idea of multi dr to fit a modern audience and not throw the baby out with the bath water.
    It would be a travesty if they did not pay homage and indeed tap into this unique part of the shows heritage.
  • Sara_PeplowSara_Peplow Posts: 1,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We do have two majior events brewing. So it is not beyond possibility a past doctor will show up to try and help his present incarnation save the day. Trenzalore and a show down with Madame Kovarian and her freinds the silence. Plus returning to the library. If the doctor attempts to save River there would be consequences. Seeing a past incarnation could be one of them.
    Untill then looking forward to CIN tommorow night seeing the new scene and trailer.
    Christmas comes a little early for us fans.
  • TRT1968TRT1968 Posts: 2,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe they will have a Morbius like battle?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :)To be honest how? or who ?
    why not the new series drs with video montuages of the classic ones
    or a doco drama about its creaters ax
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only Speculation based on rumours but

is it possible
    we will be getting cameos from Past Doctors in the upcoming 7b?
    • Supposedly someone wearing the 2nd Doctors fur coat was seen on set of the 7b Finale.
    • David Warner may be playing William Hartnell in the Mark Gatiss Docudrama, he's also in The Cold War (also written by Gatiss) could he be playing the same part (sort of)?
    • In The Snowmen we have been told
    • Your mind will be blown roughly 40 – 45 seconds into the episode and fan boys and girls will punch the air if they look closely
    • could this be another Past Doctor Cameo? If you have to look closely it's certainly not Doc#6 but maybe it could be Doc#8 wearing his original costume, that would fit in with the period and could be hard to spot.
    So 3 Episodes and 3 possible Doctor Sightings, if this is true* I would guess we will get one cameo per episode though that with only 9 episodes would of course leave us one Doctor short.

*Only a week till we know what the Snowmen thing is and if it is a Doc Cameo I would think the others may well be correct.