Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Comments

• YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Not sure if it has been taken down, but whatever it is now requires a LiveJournal login.

Fortunately, Google's cached version is still available.
    http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/95367902.html

Oh that didn't need a log in 12 hours ago. Strange.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,258
    Forum Member
    Not sure if it has been taken down, but whatever it is now requires a LiveJournal login.

Fortunately, Google's cached version is still available.
    http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/95367902.html

Yeah. More than likely it's been taken down.
  • Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,326
    Forum Member
  • The AmbassadorThe Ambassador Posts: 5,631
    Forum Member
    Comic-Con: 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice' Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WWzgGyAH6Y#t=30
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm actually sold on Ben playing Batman now. He looks really good in that trailer.

Jesse as Lex on the other hand... not feeling that. He looks so young compared to the other two but perhaps that fits in with the comic books? I'm not sure. It just looks a bit odd to me. I'm guessing it will make sense in the movie otherwise they'd have picked someone else.

Looking good.
  • DandemDandem Posts: 13,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Substantially better the first trailer. I reckon Jesse Eisenberg is gonna kill it as Lex Luthor.
  • Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yay. I would of preferred a less gloomy looking film but either way cannot wait now
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't want to get excited. I really don't.

But that looked bloody ace!!
  • Mina_CameronMina_Cameron Posts: 1,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That trailer was everything. I love how massive the scale of DC movies is, just grand in scope and the themes (even if sometimes that compromises story). Really excited to see a live action Wonder Woman - she is perfect. The Jason Todd reference had me gasping. Bring on 2016.
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Looks excellent, but I'm prepared to be disappointed.
  • pericompericom Posts: 6,025
    Forum Member
    Looks good but I cant suspend my belief that a human in a bat costume can even put up a fight against the demi-god Superman.
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was awesome
  • humehume Posts: 2,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pericom wrote: »
    Looks good but I cant suspend my belief that a human in a bat costume can even put up a fight against the demi-god Superman.

From the trailer it's obvio,us Luthor has discovered kryptonite. If he had given it to Batman to use against Superman it would explain some of the actions scenes, where Batman clearly has the better of Superman.
  • SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice touch with the Jason Todd Robin suit. Wonder Woman looks a lot better on screen than she does in the advertising pictures they put out a few months ago.

I would love Jason Todd to be in the solo Batman film Ben will direct. Red Hood is awesome.
    Forum Member
    That looked ANAZING.

This is my most anticipated movie of 2016 :)
  • MidsblueMidsblue Posts: 233
    Forum Member
    Yuffie wrote: »
    That looked ANAZING.

This is my most anticipated movie of 2016 :)

Looks great and will satisfy us until Rogue One is released.

I think Eisenberg will be great as Luthor... when he played Zuckerberg there was an element of ruthless megalomaniac bubbling underneath. Interesting he's got hair in the trailer but bald in some publicity shots. Wig or do you think he loses hair when he comes in contact with the Kryptonite?

Only quibble is in trailer Alfred is clearly Wayne's moral compass and will be the one who convinces him that Superman is a friend rather than foe. Sometimes I think trailers give too much away
  • RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Midsblue wrote: »
    Only quibble is in trailer Alfred is clearly Wayne's moral compass and will be the one who convinces him that Superman is a friend rather than foe. Sometimes I think trailers give too much away
    Well the confrontation seems to go ahead anyway so I wouldn't say so. Alfred has always Wayne's moral compass anyway so the trailer doesn't give anything new away in that respect.
  • AgeOfTheGeekAgeOfTheGeek Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wasn't sold on this movie at all but that trailer won me over. As others have said, that Jason Todd reference :o
    Makes me wonder if this standalone Batman film Affleck is directing will address the Death In The Family arc?
    Forum Member
    Midsblue wrote: »
    Looks great and will satisfy us until Rogue One is released.
    Star Wars ?? PPPffffttt. Civil War is the only other contender next year.
    I think Eisenberg will be great as Luthor... when he played Zuckerberg there was an element of ruthless megalomaniac bubbling underneath. Interesting he's got hair in the trailer but bald in some publicity shots. Wig or do you think he loses hair when he comes in contact with the Kryptonite?
    I had assumed he loses his hair somewhere in the film but I never put it down to the Kryptonite. Good call on that one. I think he'll do an excellent in the role. And Gal Gadot looks fantastic as Wonder Woman. I'm glad of this as she was getting a lot of hate when the photos of her came out. In fact, DC has been getting too much hate on the net. I'm delighted they knocked it out of the park with this trailer.
    [/QUOTE]
    Only quibble is in trailer Alfred is clearly Wayne's moral compass and will be the one who convinces him that Superman is a friend rather than foe. Sometimes I think trailers give too much away[/QUOTE]

there might be spoilers / fan speculation to follow so if you don't want to get possibly spoiled then stay out.
    Well we see Clark in Metropolis in the trailer (before he runs in the dust cloud) and this happens as Superman and Zod are fighting (as in MoS). Also it's possible that Batman has retired at that point (possibly due to the death of Robin, as we've seen maybe his grave in a photo months ago, and the shot of his outfit in this trailer). So the events of MoS looks to be what brings Batman out of retirement, and he must blame Superman for all the destruction.

It makes sense for Alfred to keep him on the right path but there must be a villain in this for the two of them to beat (and maybe they need Wonder Woman too). This will bring them all together.

I hope we get a shot of Aquaman and maybe the Flash in this film, even an after credits scene. As they were cast last year and we've already seen Aquaman in costume.

Also: A Suicide Squad trailer was released yesterday but I can't seem to get my hands on it as WB keep taking them down. Has anyone a link to it or has anyone seen it ?
  • Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    I would love Jason Todd to be in the solo Batman film Ben will direct. Red Hood is awesome.
    I am actually wondering whether Jason Todd died in that battle between Zod and Superman, and that is what's turned Batman onto the Anti Superman role he's about to play.
    RebelScum wrote: »
    Well the confrontation seems to go ahead anyway so I wouldn't say so. Alfred has always Wayne's moral compass anyway so the trailer doesn't give anything new away in that respect.
    We don't know this. Sequences within trailers aren't always in the order they're intended to be. In the film, the scene with Alfred might come later than the scene with them fighting.
  • RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flash525 wrote: »
    We don't know this. Sequences within trailers aren't always in the order they're intended to be. In the film, the scene with Alfred might come later than the scene with them fighting.
    That's my point, we dont know. We can speculate, but the trailer isn't as clear cut and revealing as the poster I responded to was alluding.
  • DandemDandem Posts: 13,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also: A Suicide Squad trailer was released yesterday but I can't seem to get my hands on it as WB keep taking them down. Has anyone a link to it or has anyone seen it ?

http://kotaku.com/jared-letos-joker-shows-up-in-leaked-suicide-squad-trai-1717282959

I reckon Leto is gonna knock it out of the park as Joker.
    Forum Member
    Dandem wrote: »
    http://kotaku.com/jared-letos-joker-shows-up-in-leaked-suicide-squad-trai-1717282959

I reckon Leto is gonna knock it out of the park as Joker.

Thank you. It's actually interesting, and the little glimpse of Leto was very good. I look forward to seeing more on that

Back to BvS, Lex isn't actually bald in any part of the trailer so we might be jumping the gun on guessing how he loses his hair.

Also the shot of Batman grappling away as Supermans heat vision is incoming is amazing. Best shot of the trailer.

Runner up goes to Superman ripping the Batmobiles doors off, throwing them away and. Atman just standing up looking at him.

And third place goes to Wonder Woman jumping in the air, smacking her fists together and creating a boom.

I'm gonna watch this about a million more times to see what I can see.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Incredible trailer. What more can I say? It's going to be amazing.
  • day dreamerday dreamer Posts: 978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been apathetic to downright disliking the idea of this film because Man of Steel was so bad and I hated the teaser trailer with the "do you bleed?" line but this latest trailer is absolutely amazing and makes me have hope!

I'll be going to see it. :)