Luke A vs Aaron

BBKINGREALITYBBKINGREALITY Posts: 3,084
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Comparing the 2 C5 BB winners:

1 was quirky, funny, stroppy, awkward & endearing (yet pathetic)

The other was dull, desperate, monatone, un-interesting, sneakily bitchy & also pathetic.

Aarons best bits:
Dancing to Craig David in the bathroom, his dancing in general, his taste in clothes (Dog hat/Striped Pyjama combo FTW! :D), his taste in everything else, his awkward relationship with Faye, his moodiness, his Mr Bean-like endearence.

Luke A' best bits:
Confronting obnoxious Becky, Insulting her BMI behind her back/Crying when confronted on insulting her BMI behind her back, Crying in general about the need to be liked, friendship with Adam..

In conclusion: 2 introverted winners, 1 with any real depth. The desperate was cheered, the quirky was severely booed. Only 1 remains memorable.

Comments

• zelda fanzelda fan Posts: 6,330
    Forum Member
    I prefer luke A as i did not like Aaron much in the end.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aaron was definitely a major player in his BB, from week 2-3 till the end imo.
  • Radical JoeRadical Joe Posts: 15,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, yeah, you're a fan of Aaron's and not Luke A's. we get it.

Personally, I thought they were both shite winners. This is what it's come to these days, act out some contrived 'poppet' persona or plead acceptance and you're there. It says a lot about the dire quality of the HMs in the past two series that they won.
  • SelenaSelena Posts: 29,581
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I prefer Luke A. I wasn't keen on Aaron.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aaron by a mile.
  • TheManWhoLaughsTheManWhoLaughs Posts: 7,271
    Forum Member
    Aaron's a lot more tolerable in retrospect, without his crazy haters blaming him for ruining BB and his crazy fans saying he was its saviour.

Given how drama-free Julian and LukeA were (as well as BB US' two most likely winners, Dan and Ian), he is definitely the better choice. Especially since LukeA or the BBUS contestants managed to be boring without even being much more likeable than Aaron.
  • Colbert BumpColbert Bump Posts: 3,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Luke A is a drip compared to Aaron.
  • jeanojjeanoj Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They were both my favourites and I spent money voting for them to win. I much prefer the "nicer" people to win - I would be horrified if the likes of Connor/Caroline were voted as winner.
  • TheManWhoLaughsTheManWhoLaughs Posts: 7,271
    Forum Member
    jeanoj wrote: »
    I would be horrified if the likes of Connor/Caroline were voted as winner.

I am not sure why that is the alternative to not letting a total bore win :confused:

I didn't really get the impression Aaron was a very nice person (Tom or Louise were nicer, if duller) but definitely a worthy winner.
  • BBKINGREALITYBBKINGREALITY Posts: 3,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, yeah, you're a fan of Aaron's and not Luke A's. we get it.

Personally, I thought they were both shite winners. This is what it's come to these days, act out some contrived 'poppet' persona or plead acceptance and you're there. It says a lot about the dire quality of the HMs in the past two series that they won.

Whether im a fan of his or not only an idiot who likes everything 'nicey-nicey' & non-disruptive will tell u Luke A was a gd hm. Aaron dominated his show for 3 months, a rarerity for a winner.

He was an asshole when it suited him but was also genuinely likeable & entertaining. Luke A was dull as dishwater from start to finish :yawn:.
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,105
    Forum Member
    I think I prefer Aaron, as he was the more interesting and challenging character.
    Whereas I suppose I felt obliged to like Luke A, and he was usually my 2nd or 3rd favourite behind certain others.
  • jeanojjeanoj Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am not sure why that is the alternative to not letting a total bore win :confused:

I didn't really get the impression Aaron was a very nice person (Tom or Louise were nicer, if duller) but definitely a worthy winner.

Because Luke was NEVER boring to me. Horses for courses I guess - wouldn't do if we all liked the same things would it?
  • BadmkBadmk Posts: 1,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aaron won because of how he acted in the house. Luke A won because he had a good backstory going into the house. So no contest for me. Aaron is the best BB winner ever.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Luke A is ur typical 'nicey-nice' Sophie Reade, Rachel Rice, Shilpa, Cameron, Dougie McFly winner. Dull & void. Unmemorable & uninteresting :yawn:.
  • Moomin STFCMoomin STFC Posts: 4,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved Aaron - he was one of my favourite housemates ever.
    I liked Luke and was quite happy he won, but preferred Adam.
    As a housemate, Aaron would be my winner every time.
  • swehsweh Posts: 13,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked Luke A... wasn't bothered with Aaron.
  • Tequila_SunriseTequila_Sunrise Posts: 4,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Luke A had been in the house with Aaron, he wouldn't even have made the final 3. Aaron would have beat him by a country mile :)
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    How can anyone compare these 2 :confused: Winning is the only thing they have in common. Very different housemates from very different houses.

Aaron would my pick out of the 2 in that I actually wanted him to win but was indifferent with Luke.
  • yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    I never liked Aaron but fgs there is no contest who was the better hm, Aaron by a million miles, Luke A did nothing at all, it was his back story that won it for him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,927
    Forum Member
    Aaron deconstructed Big Brother. He sold the producers and numb nuts like Jamie East down the river. It so needed doing. For that he should be remembered almost as well as Nasty Nick.

Of course, in retaliation they took most of his prize money away. And then this year they gave half to that bigoted oik. What a bunch of prats.
  • Gary GlimmerGary Glimmer Posts: 211
    Forum Member
    at least Aaron didnt play the 'i'm gay/tranny/something wrong with me so therefore i need to be accepted' sob story card.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    at least Aaron didnt play the 'i'm gay/tranny/something wrong with me so therefore i need to be accepted' sob story card.

Practically begging for acceptance & to be liked. Pathetic. Julie G wipes the floor with him.
  • Yobaba**Yobaba** Posts: 4,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aaron = legend.:) I didn't mind Luke A but you can't really compare.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,927
    Forum Member
    Well, again, he didn't choose himself to be in the house. The producers played that card on his behalf. He certainly wasn't in there for his personality. As I say, what a bunch of prats.
  • yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    YesNoMan wrote: »
    Aaron deconstructed Big Brother. He sold the producers and numb nuts like Jamie East down the river. It so needed doing. For that he should be remembered almost as well as Nasty Nick.

Of course, in retaliation they took most of his prize money away. And then this year they gave half to that bigoted oik. What a bunch of prats.

So do you believe that they took 50% of Luke A's winnings away in retaliation?