Very odd problem with Foxsat

VetinariVetinari Posts: 3,345
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I've had my Foxsat just about since day one and have never had anything like this before.

There was nothing in my recording schedule for last night. I then set it to record BBC2 HD at 20:00.

When I tried to set it to record the next programme at 21:00 (also BBC2 HD), it told me I could not as there was a recording conflict and offered me BBC 2 Wales as an alternative! This 'alternative' was at precisely the same time as the programme it was griping about.

Both tuners are working (although this is not a tuner availability problem anyway, as my original request was for consecutive programmes on the same channel).

Comments

• Mickey_TMickey_T Posts: 4,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It actually could be a tuner problem, if the box was already set to record a different channel at 9pm but only one tuner was available.

The box would have suggested the alternative (bbc2 Wales) that was available to you in a one tuner (with loop through) configuration.

Try this: (Credit to grahamlthompson)
    How to check connection mode. Assuming you have a single dish on 28.2/28.5E

Make a note of your recording schedule

Menu Setup Right (Highlight Freesat Tune)

Don't look at the screen

RED GREEN YELLOW BLUE GREEN YELLOW BLUE

Antenna Setting highlighted - OK

The following should be set (if not correct the setting)

Antenna Type Fixed Antenna
    Connection Type Two Cable(Same)
  • grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vetinari wrote: »
    I've had my Foxsat just about since day one and have never had anything like this before.

There was nothing in my recording schedule for last night. I then set it to record BBC2 HD at 20:00.

When I tried to set it to record the next programme at 21:00 (also BBC2 HD), it told me I could not as there was a recording conflict and offered me BBC 2 Wales as an alternative! This 'alternative' was at precisely the same time as the programme it was griping about.

Both tuners are working (although this is not a tuner availability problem anyway, as my original request was for consecutive programmes on the same channel).

The BBC have some very odd CRID codes on the Chelsea Flower Show programmes. These cause the Foxsat to make multiple recording reservations. There's a thread somewhere about this.
  • galleonslapgalleonslap Posts: 384
    Forum Member
    Casualty failed to record from BBC1 HD on Saturday. I cancelled the record schedule and tried to set it again by series recording from next Saturday's ep. It refused to accept it as I was apparently trying to record from BBC1 HD, BBC1 Wales HD and BBC1 Scotland HD simultaneously so it perceived this as a conflict! Sounds like the BBC CRIDs are still really screwed up. Box is the Foxsat HDR. I set up the same on the Freeview Fox-T2 box instead with no probs.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Casualty failed to record from BBC1 HD on Saturday. I cancelled the record schedule and tried to set it again by series recording from next Saturday's ep. It refused to accept it as I was apparently trying to record from BBC1 HD, BBC1 Wales HD and BBC1 Scotland HD simultaneously so it perceived this as a conflict! Sounds like the BBC CRIDs are still really screwed up. Box is the Foxsat HDR. I set up the same on the Freeview Fox-T2 box instead with no probs.

The programme has a series CRID but no programme CRID.

Work around is delete the Scotland, NI and Wales channels from your epg.
  • galleonslapgalleonslap Posts: 384
    Forum Member
    The programme has a series CRID but no programme CRID.

Work around is delete the Scotland, NI and Wales channels from your epg.

Thanks Graham, just noticed that Holby City didn't record either, so looks like all BBC1 HD reservations will fail as is. :-( Is BBC2 affected?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks Graham, just noticed that Holby City didn't record either, so looks like all BBC1 HD reservations will fail as is. :-( Is BBC2 affected?

If they are it's not the same issue.

I don't think all BBC1-HD programmes are effected, if they were there would have been loads of posts by now.

BBC2-HD doesn't (yet) have nations variations.
  • Dan the VanDan the Van Posts: 1,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We had the same issue

Holby is on BBC Scotland tomorrow (Wednesday) night at 22:35. Had to use iPlayer for Casualty.

Dan.
  • White-KnightWhite-Knight Posts: 2,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just a quick question.

Why do you need to make a note of your recording schedule with Graham's test method? Does it delete it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just a quick question.

Why do you need to make a note of your recording schedule with Graham's test method? Does it delete it?

If you change the antenna setting in the secret menu, it does a freesat tune and deletes your existing recording schedule.