CD-R Media for old Sony DVD players?

Does anyone have any suggestions for available blank CD-R media that plays back in old sony DVD players such as the DVP-S725D. My existing stock of Paradox 80min are running out and I've been unable to source anymore. Thanks.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,487
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find Maxell 80 minute CD-R discs burned in Disc At Once mode perfect for my 9 year old Sony Midi Hifi system - they allow track forwarding and skipping without any freezing up or searching problems (basically where the player sounds like it's reading a badly scratched disc). Memorex Live discs burned in Track At Once mode also seem to be okay although a few of these CDs I have used don't allow you to start playback from any track past track 1. Finally, I find if I use Nero Burning Rom it works best, Record Now doesn't seem to play aswell for whatever reason.

Hope this helps you :)
  • OrbitalzoneOrbitalzone Posts: 12,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've got a Sony 335DVD and I have never had any success with many brands of blank CD's.... I know there were a few that did play back supposedly, but I've never been able to easily source them, so I got a CD player that did cope with all blank CDr's instead!

I find CDRW's work OK though.. so that's an answer of sorts.

Accoring to VideoHelp.com, 'Princo' and 'Vivastar' discs might work, which I've never found in the UK.

Check out the review for your model:http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers.php?DVDnameid=441&Search=Search&#comments
  • JazzyPJazzyP Posts: 1,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verbatim CD-R 48x Super AZO play in my old Sony DVP NS705 brought in 2002 and are very good quality.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    I've used imitation CDR's in my elderly Philips DVD for backing up VCD's onto.