Favourite Smiths Lyric

2»

Comments

• spaceygalspaceygal Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another fave: "I crashed down on the crossbar and the pain was enough to make a shy, bald Buddhist reflect and plan a mass murder." Lol, Morrissey sure has a wonderful way with words!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spaceygal wrote: »
    "What she asked of me at the end of the day - Caligula would have blushed" :-D

This. He really doesn't like women very much,does he? !
  • Harper_MilneHarper_Milne Posts: 2,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a whole notebook of all The Smiths/Morrissey lyrics that I love so this thread is impossible for me! But the whole of 'Accept Yourself' is basically the story of my life so major shout out to that.
  • Apollo CreedApollo Creed Posts: 998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Sometimes I'd feel more fulfilled
    making Christmas cards with the mentally Ill
    I want to live and I want to love
    I want to catch something that I might be ashamed of"
  • meechyemoomeechyemoo Posts: 659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was happy in the haze of a drunken hour, but heaven knows I'm miserable now.
    I was looking for a job, then I found a job, and heaven knows I' miserable now.
  • bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    Most of the ones I like have already been said

I like:
    In my life why do I give valuable time, to people who don't care If I live or die? (Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now)

It's so easy to laugh, it's so easy to hate, it takes strength to be gentle and kind (I Know it's over)

When you laugh about people who feel so very lonely, their only desire is to die well I'm afraid it doesn't make me smile, and I wish I could laugh. But that joke isn't funny anymore, it's too close to home and its too near the bone,it's too close to home and its too near the bone more than you'll ever know. (That Joke isn't Funny Anymore)

And you never knew, how much I really liked you cus I never even told you oh and I meant to (Back to the Old House)
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Sometimes I'd feel more fulfilled
    making Christmas cards with the mentally Ill
    I want to live and I want to love
    I want to catch something that I might be ashamed of"

Frankly Mr Shankly is one of my absolute favourites for lyrics :D
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Half a person