Options

Unemployed 2 years, new job start tomorrow nerves

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,837
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I am so nervous about tomorrow. I haven't eaten a thing all day I am so anxious and nervous. I don't think I'll get much sleep tonight either. I have a history of being an admin assistant but tomorrow I start my training for my job as a civil enforcement officer ... it's totally new to me I've never driven I could be sick right now thinking about how tomorrow is going to go argh... sorry if nobody cares I just needed to get it off my chest as I have nobody to talk to in real life

Comments

• Options
    TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,417
    Forum Member
    I know you're wound up right now so I'd suggest trying some of these stress reduction techniques right here http://www.webmd.com/balance/guide/blissing-out-10-relaxation-techniques-reduce-stress-spot to see which ones work for you.

I hope things work out for you and you have my good wishes in that respect. :)
  • Options
    sadmuppetsadmuppet Posts: 8,222
    Forum Member
    No specific advice to give you as I'd probably be feeling the same, but just want to wish you GOOD LUCK for tomorrow! Let us know how it goes! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 464
    Forum Member
    Congratulations on your new job! It's quite normal to be nervous, but in a few days you'll start to feel settled and enjoy your work. Go for a walk, the gym, soak in the bath, try to find something that relaxes you to do this evening. Eat something light this evening and for breakfast, being hungry will make you feel worse. Best of luck tomorrow!!
  • Options
    jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you've said that you've "never driven" before?
  • Options
    Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am so nervous about tomorrow. I haven't eaten a thing all day I am so anxious and nervous. I don't think I'll get much sleep tonight either. I have a history of being an admin assistant but tomorrow I start my training for my job as a civil enforcement officer ... it's totally new to me I've never driven I could be sick right now thinking about how tomorrow is going to go argh... sorry if nobody cares I just needed to get it off my chest as I have nobody to talk to in real life

Congratulations :)

It would be a bit weird if you weren't nervous. Completely to be expected.
    But do try to relax. You'll be fine. They will expect you to be a bit anxious - it's completely normal when starting a new job.
  • Options
    Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    jenzie wrote: »
    you've said that you've "never driven" before?
    You don't need to drive to be a traffic warden, I don't think?
  • Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My advice is grit your teeth and get through it. Just make sure you turn up and you'll be fine. I had a fortnight off a job I've been in for years and i couldn't sleep last night due to back to work jitters so everyone gets them! Take a hot bath and take a cup of tea and a book to bed for an early night.
  • Options
    80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just relax, be yourself and you'll be fine :)

Congrats on your new job for the new year - report back & let us know how you get on! ;-)
  • Options
    WinterLilyWinterLily Posts: 6,305
    Forum Member
    Congratulations! It's perfectly normal to feel nervous before you start a new job.

Please get back to us and let us know how you got on.

Good Luck......I am sure you will be fine.:):)
  • Options
    ravensboroughravensborough Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    They wouldn't have selected you for the job if they didn't think you were the right candidate. Everyone is nervous on their first day. Don't let the nerves get to you and do your best. You'll be great!
  • Options
    Phoebe34Phoebe34 Posts: 92
    Forum Member
    I started my new job today, I was really nervous, once you get the first day over, you will be fine:)
  • Options
    Hank1234Hank1234 Posts: 3,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never knew a cival forcement office was a traffic warden?? Good luck ,., not a job for the faint hearted
  • Options
    Summer BreezeSummer Breeze Posts: 4,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good luck to you in your new job.
    You must be thrilled to be working again.
  • Options
    Shadow27Shadow27 Posts: 4,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Congratulations.

I think accept your nerves, tell yourself it's normal - it is :) Get your stuff ready before you go to bed, rest as much as you can and don't worry if you don't get much sleep, know that you'll be able to do that tomorrow night much better.

Your employers were all new once too and they'll know you'll be worried and will account for that. Just note down anything and enjoy learning the ropes, ask all the questions you want and make the most of being new.

Enjoy it.
  • Options
    Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Congratulations!
    Isn't it better than that feeling you may never work again?
    Make the most of it :)
  • Options
    Safi74Safi74 Posts: 5,580
    Forum Member
    Good luck! 😊
  • Options
    AJ WheelsAJ Wheels Posts: 2,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good luck Scott :)
  • Options
    RellyRelly Posts: 3,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They wouldn't have selected you for the job if they didn't think you were the right candidate. Everyone is nervous on their first day. Don't let the nerves get to you and do your best. You'll be great!

This. :) You're the right person, and no doubt there were a lot applying for the position, so think about that for a minute - you were the best out of a lot of people. Nerves are normal, most definitely, but I think what's making you feel worse is the lack of people to talk to about it face to face - you're sort of bottling it up.

Best of luck, Scott, and congratulations. :)