Song Choice - Not a level playing Field

124»

Comments

• Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SilentDawn wrote: »
    Interesting re that playlist listing Angel of Harlem.

Re Simon setting Jamie up. Honestly, how many people do you think are going to realise this? 90% of voters won't be reading forums or twitter or whatever. They simply won't know. Unless it leaks to the major news outlets no one will know. If they did know, why do you think they'd care? Some will, yes, but I seriously doubt it would be enough to swing many votes away from him. Now if news broke that Jamie liked buggerising donkeys ... well ...

People will judge by the performance on the night - not on whether he may or may have known the song before hand. Most will toss it off as, well, he's been in the music scene for 15 years ... what doesn't he know already?

From my reading of this forum sometimes I think people get too carried away with the convoluted conspiracy theories. Remember, the more convoluted the conspiracy theory, the less likely it will ever work.

Well not if someone like Louis or another Judge makes a big deal out of it. Im sure that Jamie lost votes because of Louis' winging about Jamie's song not being big band. Since Louis doesn't seem to like Jamie if he knew about it Im sure he'd make a big deal about it.
  • domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    We have no idea from that report what words were actually spoken. We have no idea whether the 'source' quoted verbatim or embellished what happened and we have no idea how much of his own spin the reporter put on the article.

What we do know for certain is what was screened prior to the live show which was that Jamie had 24 hours to rehearse the song.

I'm not disagreeing, but someone asked for a link so there it is.
    Forum Member
    Well not if someone like Louis or another Judge makes a big deal out of it. Im sure that Jamie lost votes because of Louis' winging about Jamie's song not being big band. Since Louis doesn't seem to like Jamie if he knew about it Im sure he'd make a big deal about it.

I think it gained him (sympathy) votes, which is exactly what Simon wanted.
  • SelenaSelena Posts: 29,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dome wrote: »

If anything Simon's actions could have got Jamie eliminated from the competition last week. As I fan i'm glad he had enough support to make it through. Simon cheated (I don't think its cheating though because other contestants had non big band songs but for some reason Jamie got singled out) and choose the song Jamie didn't.
  • lovecat86lovecat86 Posts: 8,501
    Forum Member

I don't, at all. Everyone seems to think he's a man so he can take care of himself, and give sympathy votes to the younguns.

I think it just kicked his fans into gear, I know all of us in the JAT voted like crazy to make sure he got through and we were still worried.
  • stillrockinstillrockin Posts: 4,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not disagreeing, but someone asked for a link so there it is.

Oh sorry, yes that was me but I meant a link to something that was incontrovertible. The newspaper article may or may not quote verbatim but we can't rely on it's veracity in the way we can on the actual VT.
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lovecat86 wrote: »
    I don't, at all. Everyone seems to think he's a man so he can take care of himself, and give sympathy votes to the younguns.

I think it just kicked his fans into gear, I know all of us in the JAT voted like crazy to make sure he got through and we were still worried.

Yes I was really worried last week and had to vote more than I did for the first 2 weeks to try and keep him in the contest.
    Forum Member
    lovecat86 wrote: »

So it worked, more money in Simon's pocket. :)