A-Team

spolierspolier Posts: 410
Forum Member
Awful awful film, watched it about a month ago and can't believe it's not on in the UK yet.

Anyone else seen it? What did you think?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wasn't impressed.

It took itself too seriously. What made the series so fun was that everyone involved knew it was a silly show and they wrote and played up to it accordingly. The movie tried to work on a more realistic level and just...didn't, I felt. I also hated some of the characterisation, especially Face, who might as well have been a totally different character and called something else. Murdock and Hannibal were okay, but nothing else really clicked for me.
  • justpootlingjustpootling Posts: 3,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It wasn't much of film in it's own right, but it was even worse if you liked the original show.

Both Liam Neeson and Bradley Cooper were hopelessly miscast as most people thought they would be. Only Sharlto Copley and, to an extent, Quinton Jackson emerged from the whole mess with any credit.

I don't know who Cooper was playing, but it was never Face.

For years fans were calling for Clooney to play Hannibal. It should've been made to happen, along with Brad Pitt as Face.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know who Cooper was playing, but it was never Face.

For years fans were calling for Clooney to play Hannibal. It should've been made to happen, along with Brad Pitt as Face.

The changes made to Face's character were the biggest disappointment. I just spent the whole time missing Dirk Benedict horribly and longing to put on an episode of the TV show instead.

I thought Christian Bale would make an excellent Face before Bradley Cooper was announced. He's supposed to have classic golden boy good looks, so Bradley Cooper was miscast in apparence as well as performence.

The film was just rather rubbish and boring, really. Not much else to say about it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well it's not long now before everyone will know just how smelly this flick is. Not that it will come as a surprise to most folks, mind. :D

But really, do yourself a favour and avoid.

Review here.
  • pixel_pixelpixel_pixel Posts: 6,694
    Forum Member
    I am quite looking forward to the film. Ill judge it myself and report back!
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From the trailer it looks like a blast and so much fun! This weekend i know what i'll be spending my money on and it certainly won't be on any karate/kung-fu kid, trust me!
  • D3XT3RD3XT3R Posts: 788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well to be honest I really enjoyed it and I dont think the film took itself to serious,so go see it grab some popcorn and have a blast:D
    Another review HERE
  • pocatellopocatello Posts: 8,813
    Forum Member
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DS gave it 2/5 and compared it to The Losers which they say it's similar to but superior. I saw The Losers and i liked it a lot. Was one of my surprise highlights of the Summer, much better than i thought it would be. However i still think A-Team will rock! It's out tomorrow!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Losers is so much better than A-Team. Better acting, better story, better characters. Admittedly, I'm not familiar with the original source matieral The Losers was taken from but the movie is awesome.

I thought the A-Team was just dull and really screwed up on some of the characterisation and casting.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    D3XT3R wrote: »
    Well to be honest I really enjoyed it and I dont think the film took itself to serious,so go see it grab some popcorn and have a blast:D
    Another review HERE

I really enjoyed it too, it was so much fun and entertaining to watch!....Sharlto Copley was awesome and ever so funny! he had good chemistry with Quinton esp in the tanker and helicopter scenes, Liam Neeson was impressive as always and Bradley Cooper was so freaking gorgeous!! lol :D:D ....I agree too, I don't think they had any intention of taking themselves seriously wanted to churn out a good solid action movie which didn't stray too far from the original, its just one of those movies you either love or hate....xx
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I get the impression that Quinton Jackson has been done up to look like Mr T, as opposed to his own interpretation of BA Baracus. It's like remaking a Marilyn Monroe film and having the lead actress dress up like Marilyn! I haven't actually seen the film though so am probably wrong in imagining it's just one big Mr T impersonation.
  • ChuckyBlackhartChuckyBlackhart Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I saw the trailer I thought "oh no"

It looks like an embarrassing mess. Typical Hollywood took a formula that almost couldn't fail...yet somehow made it fail!

None of the actors look anything like the characters from the programme.

And as with every modern Hollywood movie it looks too far fetched.

The trailer shows a tank falling through the sky!

And thats a scene they chose for the trailer!

It looks like a chaotic, far fetched mess filled with CGI and scenes that would take you right out of the movie.

CGI?

A tank falling through the sky?

I'm out!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When I saw the trailer I thought "oh no"

It looks like an embarrassing mess. Typical Hollywood took a formula that almost couldn't fail...yet somehow made it fail!

None of the actors look anything like the characters from the programme.

And as with every modern Hollywood movie it looks too far fetched.

The trailer shows a tank falling through the sky!

And thats a scene they chose for the trailer!

It looks like a chaotic, far fetched mess filled with CGI and scenes that would take you right out of the movie.

CGI?

A tank falling through the sky?

I'm out!

Duncan Bannatyne, i didn't know you read Digital Spy! :D
  • mattybmattyb Posts: 1,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This wasn't half as bad as lot of people are saying. I wasn't a fan of the TV series and I only watched it if nothing else was on, but I actually enjoyed this.
    It was a decent tongue in cheek action film, nothing more. :)

On a different note, the IMDB need to update their info as it says this has a 12A with cuts. Its not cut at all. The BBFC advised them on an unfinished version of the film and they made the amendments to guarantee it a 12A. :rolleyes:
  • PJ68PJ68 Posts: 3,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    awful film

bradley cooper is completely charmless - he always is i think

and the CGI at the end on the docks was terrible
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw this last night and noticed straight away this was going to be a film that wasnt taking itself seriously and i never take action flicks too seriously anyway so i quite enjoyed watching it and had a few LOL moments throughout.

Even though i really enjoyed it the only real gripe i had personally (not that it took anything away from the film itself) is i didnt think Liam Neeson was the right person to play Hannibal, because to me, George Peppard was a great looking actor and had a certain look and to me Liam Neeson doesnt fit into that category (not bashing LN before anyone starts he's a great actor just not the one i would've picked to play Hannibal) Im not really a Bradley Cooper fan either but i enjoyed him in this. Murdoch and BA were great :)

I loved noticing all the little things they put in from the TV show like
    building explosive stuff from nothing, BA and the not flying thing, was disappointed he didnt drink any milk though :D

and ChuckyBlackheart the bit with the tank works in great with the scene its in so dont knock it til you've seen it!! just watch the film tongue in cheek the way its intended to be seen!!
  • FroodFrood Posts: 13,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thought the TV series was repetitive garbage for thee dim so the chances of me seeing this, even by laziness on a quiet afternoon, are about zero.

The Times dumped on it as well.
  • nessyfencernessyfencer Posts: 9,195
    Forum Member
    Loved it :D Loads of great scenes, explosions, laughs...
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I managed a resounding 20mins and gave up. :(

The Losers is far better.
  • kinseyjafkinseyjaf Posts: 1,335
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am going to see this tommorrow night will report back my thoughts-btw i am a mega Liam Neeson fan,just love his presence and that amazing voice!!
  • justpootlingjustpootling Posts: 3,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Be prepared to sit through the whole of the end credits if you want any sort of paypack for having 2 hours of your life lost.

There are some very good visual references in a couple of spots relating to the original TV cast, but that's about all that redeems the film from being a complete stinker.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 443
    Forum Member
    I'm not a fan of action films and I've never watched any of the original series but it thought it was mildly watchable. It doesn't take itself seriously and the acting isn't that bad. It's no where near as bad as people are making out.
  • ritchritch Posts: 2,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I walked out halfway through the trailer
  • nessyfencernessyfencer Posts: 9,195
    Forum Member
    ritch wrote: »
    I walked out halfway through the trailer
    The trailer for what?