Pamela's undanced Argentine tango

Linda_DeanLinda_Dean Posts: 748
Forum Member
✭✭
First of all congrats to all the finalists, particularly Kara and Artem for winning. But, I actually wanted to see Pamela and James AT, even as their last dance after coming third place. Pamela acts her dances dynamically, and I really wanted to see her work such a dramatic dance. Seems such a shame after training for it all week, she wasn't allowed to dance it as her final dance, as previous competitors have been allowed to do. Oh well.

Comments

• XassyXassy Posts: 9,365
    Forum Member
    While not massive a fan, I do think it's a shame that we never got to see it. All that hard work gone to waste.
  • angelacangelac Posts: 1,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What was their 4th dance going to be, i missed ITT this week?
  • Dragonlady 25Dragonlady 25 Posts: 8,587
    Forum Member
    Linda_Dean wrote: »
    First of all congrats to all the finalists, particularly Kara and Artem for winning. But, I actually wanted to see Pamela and James AT, even as their last dance after coming third place. Pamela acts her dances dynamically, and I really wanted to see her work such a dramatic dance. Seems such a shame after training for it all week, she wasn't allowed to dance it as her final dance, as previous competitors have been allowed to do. Oh well.

Agreed!!:(
  • katie_pkatie_p Posts: 10,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure they'll find a way to perform it at some point... with the Chris/Ola connection James might manoeuvre for them to perform it on Breakfast.
  • Philly1234Philly1234 Posts: 1,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought that at first, but considering how the dancing went tonight, we probably didn't miss anything. Even the good dances were just ok, nothing was really wow.
  • pasodabblepasodabble Posts: 5,865
    Forum Member
    I'm still cross about that even though she was my least favourite of the 3. Last year Lisa was allowed to do her showdance as her final dance, and I remember Zoe doing hers too - that final was the last 3 person final before the Tom/Lisa/Rachel year.

I wish they'd let her dance and I also wish the judges were more positive in general. I'm thrilled for Kara but I'll be honest, I didn't really enjoy this final. Although I remember briefly feeling like this 3 years ago - I'm sure it'll pass!
  • LoobyLouThe1stLoobyLouThe1st Posts: 184
    Forum Member
    katie_p wrote: »
    I'm sure they'll find a way to perform it at some point... with the Chris/Ola connection James might manoeuvre for them to perform it on Breakfast.

Oh lord I hope not, after I have eaten my breakfast I like it to stay down
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they should have squeezed it in, it would have been nice to see.
  • mklassmklass Posts: 3,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes i would have liked to have seen it to!, it seems such a waste for them to have got changed with all that involves to just have to walk off straight away!....not right at all!... I can't see why they couldn''t have let them all dance before announcing who the first to go would be?....

I feel like the A/tango has been very thin on the ground this year can only remember Kara and Scott doing it?, so for that reason i would have liked to have seen it as well!.....:(
  • Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    angelac wrote: »
    What was their 4th dance going to be, i missed ITT this week?

Charleston.

I'm gutted we won't get to see it, and I'm sure Pamela's gutted not to get to perform it, she said it was her favourite dance. I wonder if they might perform it on tour now? I'm expecting their VW/Quickstep and the Rumba or Charleston, but who knows!
  • BMLisaBMLisa Posts: 15,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Also not a fan but would have enjoyed seeing it! Too much getting judges opinion as filler when they could have had Pamela dance!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,449
    Forum Member
    Oh lord I hope not, after I have eaten my breakfast I like it to stay down

bwahahahha
  • katmobilekatmobile Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm pretty annoyed about this and it would have annoyed as much if it had happened to Matt. They could have easily done it as a goodbye dance - cost all of a minute and a half and could just have cut the faff clip time. It was a sucky thing to do to one of the three couples to have them slog their guts out reherse to four dances which two of one couple don't even get to dance. Somehow the reprise one ain't so tragic because they're just polishing a routinue they've already done and we've already seen but to put together a dance no one sees is a waste for the both the losing couple and the audience. I feel the way I always feel about couples who go out before they should in the competition like that - a shame for the couple and a shame for their fans what they don't get to see - but it makes me angrier because it could have been so easily recified Pamela was even in the bloody costume for it FFS .
  • sonic157sonic157 Posts: 982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Xassy wrote: »
    While not massive a fan, I do think it's a shame that we never got to see it. All that hard work gone to waste.

I'm definitely not a fan but think she should have done the AT. The couple first out has usually done their showdance.
  • perdiedumplingperdiedumpling Posts: 8,540
    Forum Member
    Not a fan of Pamela, didn't especially want to see her AT, but think she should have been allowed to dance it. All eliminated finalists have had a showdance to finish with; obviously with the change in order that couldn't happen, but she still should have had something.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,304
    Forum Member
    I feel like I've lost something as well. Look at the gift that Lisa and Brendan left us with their "voluntary"...
  • ScattyjanScattyjan Posts: 560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agree - I always thought it unfair to make them train for dances they didn't get to do - and I think this AT could've been really special.
  • katmobilekatmobile Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pasodabble wrote: »
    I'm still cross about that even though she was my least favourite of the 3. Last year Lisa was allowed to do her showdance as her final dance, and I remember Zoe doing hers too - that final was the last 3 person final before the Tom/Lisa/Rachel year.

I wish they'd let her dance and I also wish the judges were more positive in general. I'm thrilled for Kara but I'll be honest, I didn't really enjoy this final. Although I remember briefly feeling like this 3 years ago - I'm sure it'll pass!

I felt like that too that they wasted a fabulous line-up to produce a totally underwelming final. I think there were just too many dances and the quality suffered then again great showdances tend to be thin on the ground. The atmoshere was lacking too - I missed the guest spots of all the eliminated contestants prior to the final too although I did like the group dance to Paloma Faith.
  • angelacangelac Posts: 1,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Charleston.

I'm gutted we won't get to see it, and I'm sure Pamela's gutted not to get to perform it, she said it was her favourite dance. I wonder if they might perform it on tour now? I'm expecting their VW/Quickstep and the Rumba or Charleston, but who knows!

Thank you :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would much rather have seen all the new dances than the showdances (which are never much cop anyway).

I feel bad for Pamela and James that they've practised this dance and never had the chance to show it off. Easily could have done three dances and then finished with one in a shorter results show.

Not forgetting also the final two couples missed one dance out each.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Such a waste - they trained, the band learned the music, the costumes were made, but they couldnt even spare 90 seconds for them to perform! They could have cut some of that interminable 'voice of the public' bit (i.e. all of it)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,304
    Forum Member
    Cor blimey guv'nor, I laav all the effuht they been puttin in, that Kara's a cracker in't she, cor strike a light...
  • DarcyprincessDarcyprincess Posts: 25,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    katmobile wrote: »
    I'm pretty annoyed about this and it would have annoyed as much if it had happened to Matt. They could have easily done it as a goodbye dance - cost all of a minute and a half and could just have cut the faff clip time. It was a sucky thing to do to one of the three couples to have them slog their guts out reherse to four dances which two of one couple don't even get to dance. Somehow the reprise one ain't so tragic because they're just polishing a routinue they've already done and we've already seen but to put together a dance no one sees is a waste for the both the losing couple and the audience. I feel the way I always feel about couples who go out before they should in the competition like that - a shame for the couple and a shame for their fans what they don't get to see - but it makes me angrier because it could have been so easily recified Pamela was even in the bloody costume for it FFS .

As much as I can see why some people might be annoyed, at the end of the day it should be the top two that get to do the extra dance, just as in the X factor, the third and fourth person rehearsed their winning song but only the top two get to sing it!

I am sure that Pamela and James will do that dance on tour anyway, so it will not be wasted! As much as I was not a fan of Pamelas, she danced very well for her age and she had massive stamina to do so many dances! Well done to both Matt and Pamela for achieving so much but massive praise goes to Kara for being so consistant the whole series!
  • perdiedumplingperdiedumpling Posts: 8,540
    Forum Member
    As much as I can see why some people might be annoyed, at the end of the day it should be the top two that get to do the extra dance, just as in the X factor, the third and fourth person rehearsed their winning song but only the top two get to sing it!

I am sure that Pamela and James will do that dance on tour anyway, so it will not be wasted! As much as I was not a fan of Pamelas, she danced very well for her age and she had massive stamina to do so many dances! Well done to both Matt and Pamela for achieving so much but massive praise goes to Kara for being so consistant the whole series!

But it isn't X-Factor. Every three person final that I can remember has let the first person eliminated do their showdance as a good-bye, considering they have practised it. This is the first time they haven't done that.
  • fabulistfabulist Posts: 504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Despite not being Pam/James biggest fan, I thought it a little harsh that upon elimination they were next seen when the credits started to roll. Not very well done imo