Comments

• HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    THere's already a thread on this Under Politics.
  • Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    Hotgossip wrote: »
    THere's already a thread on this Under Politics.

Whats it got to do with Politics?!

Anyway, Im going to the same resort in 5 weeks and although Im now a bit nervous, Im not letting anyone spoil my holiday!
  • R_KneeR_Knee Posts: 479
    Forum Member
    I was rather disturbed by the BBCs reporting. Having already informed us that there were fatalities their reporter stated:"...and the terrible news is that some of the casualties may be British."

Looks like Guy Jenkin and Andy Hamilton were right - Dead Belgians Don't Count
  • dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ollie_h19 wrote: »

Anyway, Im going to the same resort in 5 weeks and although Im now a bit nervous, Im not letting anyone spoil my holiday!

If I was you, I would actually start looking for other holidays, after this incident I would expect British Tour Operators to pull out of Tunisia for the remaining season.
  • mogzyboymogzyboy Posts: 6,426
    Forum Member
    It's about time we started seeing Islam for exactly what it is...medieval savagery with no relevance to the modern world.
  • Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is horrific news
  • Eddie MunsterEddie Munster Posts: 808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mogzyboy wrote: »
    It's about time we started seeing Islam for exactly what it is...medieval savagery with no relevance to the modern world.

And there it is...
  • StigglesStiggles Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    And there it is...

What part do you disagree with?
  • JB3JB3 Posts: 9,308
    Forum Member
    And there it is...
    Changed my mind..
  • zedzzedz Posts: 228
    Forum Member
    I wonder how many will cancel their holidays and whether they get compensation. There was someone in the summer plans thread a few weeks ago saying they had booked tunisia I think this week or next week.
  • Terry NTerry N Posts: 5,262
    Forum Member
    Sky news are saying an Irish woman has been killed. The ones shown at the hospital all look European.
  • viertevierte Posts: 4,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surprised this isn't a bigger story than it is. Devastating for all the victims regardless of who they are and where they come from.
  • stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zedz wrote: »
    I wonder how many will cancel their holidays and whether they get compensation. There was someone in the summer plans thread a few weeks ago saying they had booked tunisia I think this week or next week.

Yeah, that's definitely the important part of this story.
  • duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Terry N wrote: »
    Sky news are saying an Irish woman has been killed. The ones shown at the hospital all look European.

There's a video on live leak of ambulance workers covering bodies and they are all pale skinned. So I think quite a few European countries will be setting up support lines.
  • Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member

Change your holiday, it's not going to be a problem. A girl I work with was going there next week, she's swapped it for a holiday in Italy instead.
  • mikeydddmikeyddd Posts: 11,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I stayed in the same hotel 2 years ago sad for everyone involved, including the Tunisians try to rebuild the nation.
  • mal2poolmal2pool Posts: 5,690
    Forum Member
    Bout time we confronted ISIL. SHould have never left Iraq or got involved in Libya/Iraq in the first place. Then this wouldnt have happened imo. They are spreading like a cancer. We will not be able to go abroad before long or live safely in our countries. STop all this human trafficking too before its too late
  • mikeydddmikeyddd Posts: 11,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vierte wrote: »
    Surprised this isn't a bigger story than it is. Devastating for all the victims regardless of who they are and where they come from.

It's been on the news continuous all day and 2 other threads on here, seems to be well covered to me.
  • duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mikeyddd wrote: »
    I stayed in the same hotel 2 years ago sad for everyone involved, including the Tunisians try to rebuild the nation.

I watched a programme about families affected by the decline of the tourist trade in Egypt due to extremism. Many families were close to starving, one having to eat the camels and horses they used to give rides. They seemed to despise the radicals and just wanted to go about their day to day lives providing for their families. It was quite sad that the behaviour of a few had such an impact on their own people.
  • AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And there it is...
    The truth, yes.
  • leicslad46leicslad46 Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My nephew only went to tunisia on wednesday and has gone to sousse the heart of the latest cowardly depraved act carried out by fanatics. Thankfully my nephew is ok but no doubt there will be families up and down this country coming to terms with a death of a loved one. But there will some who are rejoicing at the news behind closed doors. It could happen here and there is nothing we can do
  • Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    Change your holiday, it's not going to be a problem. A girl I work with was going there next week, she's swapped it for a holiday in Italy instead.

Thomas Cook are only currently doing free amendedments to Holidays up to 24th July. We go on the 30th.

We will keep an eye out, if were heavily advised to change it we will be Im not letting some bastard ruin my holiday. Ive been looking forward to this for months.
  • Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    Thomas Cook are only currently doing free amendedments to Holidays up to 24th July. We go on the 30th.

We will keep an eye out, if were heavily advised to change it we will be Im not letting some bastard ruin my holiday. Ive been looking forward to this for months.
    You'll still get your holiday, don't worry. In 5 weeks you'll be soaking up the sun somewhere, it just might not be Tunisia.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mogzyboy wrote: »

Get it right - it is Islamic Wahabism which is savage NOT Islam.

ISIS, Al-Qaeda and Talban ALL follow this school of thinking. As far as they are concerned anyone who doesn't follow their specific ideology is a 'Kafir' -non-believer. This includes any Muslims such as Shias and Kurds.

I am astounded that Saudi Arabia which financially funds the spread of Wahabism is not held accountable by us.
  • d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm surprised this thread is so short considering this terrible atrocity.
    This is awful for the victims and their families, and also dreadful for the tourism trade and those who work in it.
    ISIS have now successfully the tourist trade in Tunisia as well as the lives of the victims ad their families.

I wish those in power would come up with a solution to these atrocities. I don't think there is enough being done to find a solution.