Jeremy Kyle Audience

rockerchickrockerchick Posts: 9,255
Forum Member
Hi all, i'm going to be in the jeremy kyle audience next week. Has anyone here been in the audience and can tell me what to expect? I have a 9.30am slot. All i know is that i have to buy new clothes as it says no black and I have to get there early so i'm not turned away (i presume they over allocate tickets to they have a full audience) I live in Manchester already so it's not going to be difficult getting over there, I sometimes get bad anxiety issues and this is all new to me so the more beforehand i know about it the less anxious I will feel. Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has anyone here been in the audience and can tell me what to expect?

From what I've seen of it, you can expect to see the detritus of society arguing with one another.

Also expect very bad teeth.
  • grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From what I've seen of it, you can expect to see the detritus of society arguing with one another.

And bad language!
  • Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That's onstage.
    The audience are mostly dressed ok but sat there throughout with jaws dropped, gaping at the "detritus of society" from a safe distance.
  • StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Should Tell you all you need to know

Be sure to point and laugh.
  • Deb ArkleDeb Arkle Posts: 12,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't forget your bingo card. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Should Tell you all you need to know

Be sure to point and laugh.

"thou shalt in Bedleem see one laugh at the knocking of his head against a post" :)
  • FearFactorFearFactor Posts: 2,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing useful to add but have a great time.....I am v jealous :o

I am a (not so) secret Jeremy-lover :blush:
  • rockerchickrockerchick Posts: 9,255
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the post guys but I was kind of referring to stuff you don't see on camera. Before, during, after. Not the onstage stuff.
    Forum Member
    FearFactor wrote: »
    Nothing useful to add but have a great time.....I am v jealous :o

I am a (not so) secret Jeremy-lover :blush:

I was on the waiting list for a mere two weeks. Sign up if you really want to go :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    Get there super early if you don't have a priority ticket. They'll get you all inside (the ones that are lucky to get seats, if you don't get seats they usually give you a priority ticket for another date) they'll lead you through round the back entrance into the studio and sit you all down, there will be someone there who chats to you all, a "warm up" almost, bit of humour, tells you the signals to clap/go a bit Jerry springer etc, then Jeremy comes out and chats for a bit. Then they record the show, if you're lucky they (like I was) they well end of "inviting them back next time" aka they go off stage and change their clothes so you get a bit of extra filming :) it's a fun day actually, I went about 6 years ago when I was a student!
  • toddypoostoddypoos Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    Hi

My friend and I went in Feb this year .. we had a right good time. You're in there for about 2 hrs of filming. As previously mentioned, they did a role-play on stage to get everyone 'in the mood' and Jeremy comes out and has a bit of a chat before filming starts. We loved it and will probably re-apply ... cheap day out, lol :)
    Forum Member
    Ok thanks for the replies :) Seen as my recording is 9.30 am (silly me didn't book the afternoon one) How early are we talking about when they say get there early? I was aiming for 2 hours before. And yes it's a first come first served ticket.
  • SexbombSexbomb Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd aim for an hour before and what can you expect? yes rotten teeth, maybe an attempted punch up on stage and if your lucky a full on camera shot of yourself in the audience :D
    Forum Member
    Oh hai :D
  • Misanthropy_83Misanthropy_83 Posts: 2,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    take some rotten fruit and veg to throw at the guests
  • EastEast Posts: 926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Let us know if ITV give you a free Tea or coffee on arrival and a cake. STV did when I went to the Peoples court many moons ago.:D
  • missy83missy83 Posts: 14,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't been to Jeremy Kyle Show but was an audience member for the Trisha show years ago (I went as part of my college media studies course). We were told not to wear black or anything with a logo on. I would suggest wearing something quite light as it gets very hot under the studio lights.

When we arrived we handed over our bags and coats and were then taken to a pretty crappy green room area where we waited with other audience members. When we were called to the studio a crew member showed us where to sit. They want an audience that looked 'mixed' age wise so us students were split up all over the audience. A warm up person then came out and instructed us when to clap, cheer, put up our hands etc (he stayed at the side putting his hand up when it was time to clap etc). Trisha then came out briefly, said hello and then disappeared off again before coming out to do the show.

I saw a 'talent' show episode. It was appalling but great fun.
  • eluf38eluf38 Posts: 4,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When my BIL went a few years ago (and he did wear black, he's a rocker too!), Jeremy came into the audience at the start of the show and engaged in a bit of 'banter'. He ended up being quite rude to the BIL, who took it all in good humour but said it just confirmed his opinion that Kyle is a bit of a t**t. Try not to make eye contact!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sexbomb wrote: »
    I'd aim for an hour before and what can you expect? yes rotten teeth, maybe an attempted punch up on stage and if your lucky a full on camera shot of yourself in the audience :D
    The only thing worse than sinking to the depths of sitting in the chair next to "Jezza" is being seen sat in the audience :o
    I'm surprised they aren't all wearing ski masks.
  • Misanthropy_83Misanthropy_83 Posts: 2,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why aren't you allowed to wear black?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    why aren't you allowed to wear black?

Because when Baby's in Black I'm feeling Blue.
    Oh, what can I do?

All the cool "old farts" will get it :cool:
    Forum Member
    eek hope they don't take my bag off me. If they do hope it's put somewhere safe. I'd like to keep my inhalers on me.
  • scottie2121scottie2121 Posts: 11,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    take some rotten fruit and veg to throw at the guests

And bricks to throw at Kyle and Stanier!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    eek hope they don't take my bag off me. If they do hope it's put somewhere safe. I'd like to keep my inhalers on me.

I wouldn't "inhale" anything on telly on the JK show.
    You'll be next weeks guest.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Look at the sincerity oozing from him as a fan meets him
    http://www.worcesternews.co.uk/resources/images/3115535/
    :o:o