Four in a Bed - New Series

Comments

• BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fizzler333 wrote: »
    Nice place but with no locks on the doors I wouldn't stay there, I leave everything in my room when I go out, what if something is nicked? you would be buggered if you left valuables, car keys in the room if you went out for the night, no insurances would pay out.

Yeah I think the subject of locks on the door and tea trays were valid.

Numbers on the doors werent though.
  • guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fizzler333 wrote: »
    Nice place but with no locks on the doors I wouldn't stay there, I leave everything in my room when I go out, what if something is nicked? you would be buggered if you left valuables, car keys in the room if you went out for the night, no insurances would pay out.

I agree plus I`d find it really hard to sleep knowing my door was open to all and sundry...:o
  • televizortelevizor Posts: 1,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great gag at Kevin's expense about him licking the skirting boards to find any dust.

"She's put me in a coffin!" Don't tempt her.

"I'd rather have the company of a couple of spiders." Would a Black Widow and Tarantula be suitable for you Kev?
  • suki csuki c Posts: 6,088
    Forum Member
    Yeah I think the subject of locks on the door and tea trays were valid.

Numbers on the doors werent though.

When I moved into a flat some years ago I was getting mixed up for ages with the various doors & was always walking into the bedroom when I needed the bathroom & vice versa :o - So I'd definitely need door numbers in a strange place - especially with no locks!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did wonder if the barns was actually a B&B at all, it looked brand new, a bit bare and unfinished and I see on the website it is no longer operating and they've moved to France.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lizjane wrote: »
    I did wonder if the barns was actually a B&B at all, it looked brand new, a bit bare and unfinished and I see on the website it is no longer operating and they've moved to France.

Someone on here said earlier they'd sold up and moved to France.
  • MutterMutter Posts: 3,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    suki c wrote: »
    What is kevin dressed as ??? He reminds me of a character from 'The Ladykillers' :eek:

Hahahahaha, yes he does, I can't stop laughing.
    Stopped now, having realised I've given away my age!
  • mumofmitzymumofmitzy Posts: 1,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair to today's couple, they actually cooked the evening meal in their own B&B, rather than taking everyone out for dinner.

That deserves a few points in my mind.

Not really - the competition is for B&Breakfast. I think it was a bad move altogether!
  • ldslds Posts: 1,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know what I meant to tell you all.

I went to Southport for the weekend with 14 friends. One of them printed off a sheet exactly like the one they use in the show to complete for the B&B we stayed in!

The owner, a french lady, had seen the show so knew what we were doing.

It was interesting filling it in and handing them in....although one person did write a few comments which were picked up on!

On the whole, we all said we'd stay there again.

We wouldn't stay at the one we were at in Southport if we were paid - it was really grim!! But, thanl goodness it had locks on the doors - we were "visited" at 4 am by a drunk guest who seemed to think our room was his - had the door not been locked who knows what I could have got up to :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lds wrote: »
    We wouldn't stay at the one we were at in Southport if we were paid - it was really grim!! But, thanl goodness it had locks on the doors - we were "visited" at 4 am by a drunk guest who seemed to think our room was his - had the door not been locked who knows what I could have got up to :o

It wasnt one of my "lot" was it? :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New rules next season.
    Whoever gets the least hate mail wins.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,566
    Forum Member
    I would never have stayed at The Barns and would have given it a 1 for facilities. Come on, a lock is one of the most basic things a room can have and they don't provide it. They must think either their guests or their privacy and security isn't very important. And because of the blind in the bathroom, it was very large and clear glass and Suzy's sister agreed with it - I wouldn't have wanted to use that bathroom at all.

Although at first it looked like the nicest of the lot, if I had arrived there I would have promptly left and would have preferred a Travelodge.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really like the Scottish Mother and Son. I hope they win.
    I also quite like chirpy Sue and egotistical John Benson. They have been fair in their comments and have not been full of envy and bias unlike the outrageous Mr Marple.
  • Brain DonorBrain Donor Posts: 1,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Kevin.

I got the feeling that everything he did on 'his' day was subtly designed to bemuse his guests, and he was quietly enjoying their reactions. He might be moaning on a bit but he's being fair and not coming across to me as malicious and bitchy like Donkey Woman or Paul.

I like John Benson too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 143
    Forum Member
    I now feel a terrible sense of shame at admitting that I went to school in Marple and used to catch the train from that very station!

What can I say? I was young and foolish and had no idea it was twinned with Mordor, Mogadishu, Minehead.....;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kevin is a burke with most what he says. I'm sure that he is just
    playing up to the cameras with most of his comments. However I don't
    understand why he would want to go to the extremes he is doing & risk
    losing future customers. He is no advert for his place

He was right about no locks and no tea etc. in the room but have to agree
    he is not good the way he puts his points across

Nice as the Barns looked it is not to my taste. I would be happy to stay
    there once but not go back again. That's only because it's not my cup of tea

As I said before they are not really comparing like with like B+B's here
    Also I don't think it is wrong for a contestant to say they would not go
    back there again if it is not they sort of B+B they like to stay in
    But to deduct points and look for faults because of this is very petty

And yes I do think Kevin's pink saudage got a mention
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 194
    Forum Member
    I agree with most of what people are saying on here but havent read all the 40 + plus pages as it takes too long. I have watched all of the series so far and find it is trying too hard to be like a poor mans CDWM. But the thing that really puzzles me to be honest is who stays in these very upmarket B & B's that cost £155 per night? If I was paying that much then I would want to stay in a hotel not someones house. All the rooms in the expensive places look to me like they have had a small fortune spent on them and is it really necessary for a B & B? I feel this will damage all those little B&B's that have got by in the past by being cosy, friendly, clean and somewhere just to lay your head at night. I recently took my other half away for a big birthday for 2 nights and stayed in a hotel in Devon. It was right overlooking, the beach, we had a de luxe room with a balcony, a bottle of champagne, 3 bottles of wine, pre dinner drinks, a fantastic breakfast, 5 course evening meal, and two cream teas, plus they decorated the table for his birthday and printed him out a special menu and provided a birthday cake. And telephone calls from the room as mobiles didnt work very well. Also the service was polite and friendly and I left my book behind which they posted on to me. All this cost me £370 when you think about the what these B & B's charge I know where I would rather go. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't blame comatose Kevin for refusing to answer Suz' question regarding his history. One question leads to another and not the reason he was there.
    The reason I've come back to that, was seeing the Barns last night. I reckon there's a story behind the building of it.
    I would think that was the first season of B&B for them. In fact, I wonder if they have ever had guests before? Lack of locks, no tea trays, no room names. Madness not to have locked doors, she's open to all sorts of accusations. Also the sheer expanse of glass with no window dressing. You wouldn't spend a second winter like it, I can tell you from experience. If she counts expenditure against income, she'll soon have some heavy drapes.

I think she and her husband self-built and the marriage went wrong. As needs must, she tried supplementing income by B&B-ing. The property looked so new, the only dust would have been from the builders.
    As for no one complaining, often the owners say that. However, a lot of us don't complain, we simply don't go back.
  • ldslds Posts: 1,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It wasnt one of my "lot" was it? :eek:

Not unless you were with a crowd of Scallys on a stag weekend ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lds wrote: »
    Not unless you were with a crowd of Scallys on a stag weekend ;)

Not quite :p

Anyone watching tonight?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not quite :p

Anyone watching tonight?

Yeh, too right.
    John whatisname seems alright.
  • domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    As I thought John 'Benson' doesn't actually do anything, his staff does it for him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    Kevin is an arse.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They're all being a bit moany tonight!
  • youngswedeyoungswede Posts: 2,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone else have the feeling that Suzy will over pay Benson by a huge amount to make sure Kevin does not win?
This discussion has been closed.