Survivors - series 3?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Tegan JovankaTegan Jovanka Posts: 1,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mandark wrote: »
    Scrapped! They made a really bad job of it to be honest.

Shame.:cry: Thought we may have had one more series out of it. It still did better than say Primevil which has been saved. This type of series would never get huge figures but I thought the Beeb wasn't going for mass popular entertaintment. Room then for another talent/singing/dancing show or maybe a police drama with Simon Cowell;)
  • Options
    Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Julie Graham is now in The Bill, so that does not make series 3 look too promising.

Though with The Bill's ratings that migt not make it to 2011 either.

Memo to me: must enter the lottery tonight.

Memo to producers: Beware, Julie Graham is looking for a job.
  • Options
    MandarkMandark Posts: 47,964
    Forum Member
    I like Julie Graham!! She used to get her kit off when she was younger!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a shame to cut the story off unfinished. Perhaps the beeb could arrange a final special, in which all the cast suddenly become infected and keel over?
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a pity they've based the decision solely on the TV ratings : doesn't seem to bother them with some of the other junk they put out.
  • Options
    BarbellaBarbella Posts: 5,417
    Forum Member
    Lii wrote: »
    It's a shame to cut the story off unfinished. Perhaps the beeb could arrange a final special, in which all the cast suddenly become infected and keel over?

They've done the same with Paradox, which I quite enjoyed.

So that's 2 BBC series cancelled with no satisfying conclusions.

It kind of puts me off comitting to another BBC drama . I mean why should I invest my time if they are not going to tie up the lose ends and finish the story . :mad:
  • Options
    Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gamercraig wrote: »
    Agree, I don't really see where they can take it from here.

I think a fall in ratings of nearly half will have hurt the BBC and also a lot of the reviews have been nasty. I did enjoy the second series but not as much as the first and a lot of people felt the same. However, if it is to have something else in its slot, please not a medical drama or, god forbid, a competition to find another Nancy.
  • Options
    petestanpetestan Posts: 3,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    petestan wrote: »
    They also seem to have an unlimited supply of petrol / diesel to put in their Landrover yet they never show them syphoning it from petrol pumps as there will be no electricity anymore. :D

Did anyone watch the programmes on History "Life after People" about what would happen if there were no human beings left on the planet?

http://www.history.co.uk/shows/life-after-people/series-1/videos.html
    silentNate wrote: »
    Yes, I did indeed watch that, fascinating stuff for a science geek :o
    I also enjoyed season two of Survivors more than the first season and a third would be a real treat :)

Hi guys, off topic but just to let anyone who is interested know "Life After People" is back on History on 16th May. :D
  • Options
    fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi guys, off topic but just to let anyone who is interested know "Life After People" is back on History on 16th May. :D

Though Its totality of topic I really liked this.
    Will have to put that in the planner.

:)
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Only a repeat though, but I might watch it again
  • Options
    petestanpetestan Posts: 3,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    Only a repeat though, but I might watch it again

It says New Series on the link to the History website? :confused::)
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It says New Series on the link to the History website? :confused::)

I've just looked on wikipedia and it seems you're right :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really think the beeb need to bring this back, but change the format - theres so much that could be done with this - and its a topic that will always interest people.
  • Options
    Tegan JovankaTegan Jovanka Posts: 1,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    craigyboi wrote: »
    I really think the beeb need to bring this back, but change the format - theres so much that could be done with this - and its a topic that will always interest people.

Golly craigyboi you got me really excited. Thought this was coming back when I saw this old post back. Come on BBC if not a series maybe a special 2 hour episode to wrap everything up. Hint the DVDs sell well:D
  • Options
    Captain StableCaptain Stable Posts: 2,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hadn't realised this was an old thread, and was almost going to post a sarcastic remark about "Julie being in The Bill" (from page 1).. then realised.
  • Options
    chuffnobblerchuffnobbler Posts: 10,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The original Survivors lasted 3 series ... but the third series tried the patience an awful lot. The new version lasted approx 3 eps in the Chuff household.
  • Options
    DarthFaderDarthFader Posts: 3,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe Watch might do a joint thing like the did with Primevil and ITV to bring it back?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DarthFader wrote: »
    Maybe Watch might do a joint thing like the did with Primevil and ITV to bring it back?

mmm doubt it. its the BEEB init. Ive just rewatched the series' and found it more enjoyable - but it was marred with flaws and too much coincidence.

maybe bring it back a-la 28 weeks later, a few years later?