Options

have any killers in soaps just plain got away with it ?

13»

Comments

• Options
    BadRomanceBadRomance Posts: 8,727
    Forum Member
    Louise on Emmerdale
    Amanda on Home and Away
  • Options
    GlendarrochGlendarroch Posts: 20,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :eek: Jeez, bit heavy for a soap! Which soap was it?
    Brookside - early 90s I think
  • Options
    when0in0romewhen0in0rome Posts: 7,180
    Forum Member
    Did he mean to do it?
  • Options
    Tom-Bennett.Tom-Bennett. Posts: 2,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didnt Ray Quinn get away with murdering that young girl who was bullying him in brookie (Anthony Murray) ???
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did he mean to do it?
    I think it was a bit grey area - he grabbed hold of her, then she tripped and fell (I couldn't remember it clearly, so I've just looked it up on Youtube - such commitment!)
  • Options
    IzzyInTheHouseIzzyInTheHouse Posts: 4,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brookside - early 90s I think

Ah ok. I've never watched it tbh.

Sound brutal though, so he killed the 3 year old and her mother but got a happy ending? Crazy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think it was a bit grey area - he grabbed hold of her, then she tripped and fell (I couldn't remember it clearly, so I've just looked it up on Youtube - such commitment!)

Taaaa.... muchos gracias for the dedication

Did he regret it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Taaaa.... muchos gracias for the dedication

Did he regret it?

Think so. I was addicted to Brookie at that time. I think I remember a scene when Barry went to a priest because of his guilt.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Think so. I was addicted to Brookie at that time. I think I remember a scene when Barry went to a priest because of his guilt.

was he also in the bill? as a villain?

And at least he regretted it, otherwise it would be uncivilised ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've wondered this to and on the accounts of murdering someone (not manslaughter) I don't think a character has ever managed to full on murder someone and not get written out within a year. Even Stacey, I suspected she wouldn't have lasted a year after killing Archie. I'm not sure if the producers think it's good morals or something, and they want to show that if you do the crime you get the time, but usually every big villain leaves within a year of doing something really bad (ie. Murder, Rape, Abuse) and it usually doesn't matter how they go, whether they get killed, whether they leave, or get a happy/side ending, they'll always go nevertheless. So maybe not all of them get busted, but all of them usually don't appear in the show for too long after doing something like that.

It'd be nice if it wasn't this way because unfortunately in the real world more murderers get away with it than we'd like to think.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 395
    Forum Member
    Hollyoaks have had quite a few characters get away with murder:
    Theresa McQueen got away with killing Calvin Valentine, I think someone called Kyle got the blame.
    Brendan Brady got away with killing Danny Houstan.
    And Dr. Browning has not got away with killing Lynsey Nolan, Riley Costello was set up for her murder though.
    And now we'll have to wait and see if Walker will get away with shooting Riley
  • Options
    Mozza111Mozza111 Posts: 284
    Forum Member
    Did Stacey really get away with it? Most of the square know she did it, and thanks to Janine she's know wanted for stabbing her isn't she? This all stemmed from killing Archie, and she has been forced to run away.

i thought everyone found out that janine stabbed herself cos i think she got avoided for a few episodes by the judgemental people who always avoid others
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    axl rose wrote: »
    Didn't Eric Pollard kill Elizabeth around the time of the plane crash? I remember her son Michael came back a while ago - can't remember exactly but did he try and blackmail Pollard about it?

Aha. I knew it wasn't just me. I am sure Pollard did a "John Stape" (Corrie) and dragged his dead Mrs into the plane wreckage. Or did I dream that? Don't think I did.