Oscar Pistorius Trial (Merged)

Comments

• KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    daziechain wrote: »
    Absolutely. It renders you incapable of going outside your own front door sometimes ... shopping, going to work .. even meeting up with friends/family and going on holiday can be a complete nightmare. There is no way ... no way in the world that you could participate in the Olympic Games with GAD. It's absolutely crippling.

I do agree with that, to be honest. It seems difficult to understand but I'm prepared to accept that it might affect people in different ways.
  • LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sandy50 wrote: »
    Wonder if they're have a separate toilet for OP, just for him, just in case !

Pmsl :D
  • daziechaindaziechain Posts: 12,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jzee wrote: »
    You don't think there are any dodgy psychologists out there :confused:?
    The thing is ... though I'm sure they're all highly trained etc. OP is one of SA's biggest superstars, they will already have an opinion on him and this case. It's a bit like David Beckham being admitted for assessment here ... it's impossible not to be influenced by what you already know. The psychologist OP's had with him in court hasn't filled me with admiration for the profession ... she's not been at all professional.
  • feckitfeckit Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sandy50 wrote: »
    Wonder if they're have a separate toilet for OP, just for him, just in case !

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BlvwDsSIUAEBPZI.jpg:large
  • benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Siobhan_MooreSiobhan_Moore Posts: 6,365
    Forum Member
    AJ_Tvll wrote: »
    Don't recall that… but it was said by OP in Whatsapp message I believe that Reeva did not like it when OP drove fast…. this was in the explanation of the wedding of her friend and why OP was angry because they were late, etc…

So it seems that OP liked very much to drive fast…. contrary to his alleged GAD

Furthermore, the whole incident to OP alleged took place on the highway, where a black mercedes allegedly shot at him…. surprisingly the GAD and OP's characteristic fight response did not occur then… he said he fled !

here you go : http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/404554/Reeva-Steenkamp-was-so-afraid-of-Oscar-Pistorius-claim-her-grieving-parents

it's mentioned in the caption of the photo as well as further down the article
  • AnnieBakerAnnieBaker Posts: 4,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    further to this... didn't he once drive at such a speed that reeva got scared and called her mum?

He is notorious for driving cars at dangerous speeds.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AnnieBaker wrote: »
    He is notorious for driving cars at dangerous speeds.

And bikes and boats.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A diagnosis of an anger disorder rather than an anxiety disorder would certainly help the Prosecution's case.

It could also be a diagnosis of manipulating people, lying etc…

I am glad that OP will be examined as an outpatient… very glad… so is Nel IMO

How come??
  • AJ_TvllAJ_Tvll Posts: 3,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do agree with that, to be honest. It seems difficult to understand but I'm prepared to accept that it might affect people in different ways.

Yes I believe Dr.V suggested it was a mild case of GAD
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    here you go : http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/404554/Reeva-Steenkamp-was-so-afraid-of-Oscar-Pistorius-claim-her-grieving-parents

it's mentioned in the caption of the photo as well as further down the article

Forum Member

no problem :)
  • Imogen_RichardsImogen_Richards Posts: 3,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just been for a lovely walk in the sunshine along a Chilterns footpath edged with cow parsley. All I could hear was the birds singing, the breeze through the new beech leaves and the lambs baaing. I felt a million miles away from SA, OP, the bloody Pistorius family and this court case. I needed that!

Returning to the fray, if OP is to be an outpatient, will he be denied access to his forensic psychiatrist aunt before and during the assessment?
  • daziechaindaziechain Posts: 12,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can't switch it on and off though ... it would've interrupted his training and prevented him from racing. Plus it's draining ... you'd never have the stamina to compete.
    I guess we'll learn more ... when his assessment is complete.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    benjamini wrote: »
    And bikes and boats.

And bullets
    :blush:

Sorry I just wanted to join in....bad rapid succession joke.
    Forum Member
    Just been for a lovely walk in the sunshine along a Chilterns footpath edged with cow parsley. All I could hear was the birds singing, the breeze through the new beech leaves and the lambs baaing. I felt a million miles away from SA, OP, the bloody Pistorius family and this court case. I needed that!

Returning to the fray, if OP is to be an outpatient, will he be denied access to his forensic psychiatrist aunt before and during the assessment?

glad you had a nice walk. i'm about to go shoe shopping after i discovered, during a thunderstorm, that my trusty trainers let water in

er... i don't know. i don't really see how they can stop him talking to her, but i guess we'll see
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    further to this... didn't he once drive at such a speed that reeva got scared and called her mum?

Yes!!! >:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Me thinks you live near me....but the Chiltern area is massive so perhaps not.

I think Nel and Roux are going to agree to certain terms and conditions. that may be one of them. He probably is not to have contact with the defence etc. during that time either.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually I'm betting that OP will try and deceive the panel… even without a shady psychiatrist to hep him, OP will go on the internet and try to figure out what he should do and say…. that will backfire in a big way…. but OP will be confident he is succeeding throughout…. hilarious

Glad your confident of it and I do hope you're right :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leeah wrote: »
    How come??

We have seen OP's demeanor during cross-examination : OP believed he could successfully outsmart the Prosecution and when he got cornered he fake-cried to avoid facing up to his lies…. OP also was constantly analyzing the purpose behind Nel's questions and the probable implications of his answers.

Being an outpatient, will give OP the opportunity to analyze the day's event, research what he should say and do… just as he did in Court.

In Court, OP's credibility was destroyed on the facts and evidence of the case… OP's demeanor added to that because Judge do look for tell-tale signs of lying.

But in a psychiatric evaluation, things will be different… the panel will dive deep into OP's psyche and determine why he is attempting to deceive them and the Court.

OP's M.O. where he analyzes the purpose behind questions and the probable implications of his answers will backfire spectacularly as psychiatrists are specifically trained at unmasking this type of behavior.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad your confident of it and I do hope you're right :)

A panel of psychiatrists specifically trained and experienced in dealing with criminals are not going to be duped by the likes of Oscar Pitorius… OP's attempts at deceit will be very transparent to them as they were to attorneys, judges and even laypersons such as ourselves.

My confidence is not unfounded IMO :)
  • GinaHGinaH Posts: 853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We have seen OP's demeanor during cross-examination : OP believed he could successfully outsmart the Prosecution and when he got cornered he fake-cried to avoid facing up to his lies…. OP also was constantly analyzing the purpose behind Nel's questions and the probable implications of his answers.

Being an outpatient, will give OP the opportunity to analyze the day's event, research what he should say and do… just as he did in Court.

In Court, OP's credibility was destroyed on the facts and evidence of the case… OP's demeanor added to that because Judge do look for tell-tale signs of lying.

But in a psychiatric evaluation, things will be different… the panel will dive deep into OP's psyche and determine why he is attempting to deceive them and the Court.

OP's M.O. where he analyzes the purpose behind questions and the probable implications of his answers will backfire spectacularly as psychiatrists are specifically trained at unmasking this type of behavior.

I agree with your assessment AJ. Your posts are always a delight to read:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Good point! I have to say I was initally (>:() this morning at it but I'm kind of okay with it now, like you said OP's attempt too deceive them won't get past them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe the defence are worried he inadvertently let's slip that there was a row leading up to the shooting. He will be under extreme scrutiny and a certain amount of pressure.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good point! I have to say I was initally (>:() this morning at it but I'm kind of okay with it now, hopefully OP's attempt too deceive them won't get past them.

He was a very poor witness so I doubt he will improve.
This discussion has been closed.