The Children In Need 2010 Discussion Thread

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I thought i'd get in early and start an official discussion thread for this years Children In Need:)

So not long to go now eh hehe. i prob won't watch it all but i will watch some, i am particularly interested to see the Coronation Street/EastEnders crossover, that should be quite surreal and interesting

Comments

• StrakerStraker Posts: 79,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You’re keen! It’s like lookng forward to a trip to the dentist!
  • currykevcurrykev Posts: 1,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No thanks.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Straker wrote: »
    You’re keen! It’s like lookng forward to a trip to the dentist!

i wanted to make a thread that might get 100+ posts:p otherwise i'm not a massive fan of Children In Need, its a good cause but its not my cup of tea. i will watch the corrie/easties crossover bit though
  • richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only tuning in for the Doctor Who preview

Not really keen on the Corrie/Enders crossover
  • DenonDaveDenonDave Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    What about 'Viewers in Need' (of decent programmes)?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DenonDave wrote: »
    What about 'Viewers in Need' (of decent programmes)?

i don't rely on current tv to entertain me, thats why i have a dvd player and quite a large dvd collection:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 259
    Forum Member
    It'll be a load of bollocks. Good for sick kiddies and all that but the line up is dire...

I bought a Pudsey Bear a couple of weeks ago so I've done my bit.
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I shall avoid the supermarket tommorrow, all those staff in fancy dress waving buckets.:eek:
  • FroodFrood Posts: 13,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm out all evening so I won't see a second of this large heap of dung.
  • emailsemails Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yes & as always LIVE from studio 1 at BBC television centre ,& i missed out on tickets :cry: & SCD goes to blackpool
  • westlifefan123westlifefan123 Posts: 4,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't wait to see Harry Judd from McFly dancing on the Strictly pop star special on the show tomorrow!!!!

From Hayley
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 89
    Forum Member
    Although I think that there is too much music on the show certainly comparing to the late 80's and early 90's when I first started watching and raising money for the event but I will still watch.I have always been a big fan and always hope they raise more than the previous year.As has always been said every penny helps is true.Whether they raise £1 or 1 million every penny will help.We were all children at one point. I had a brilliant childhood but many children do not and that gave me the motivation to get out there and do something.Children are our future so this is truly a very worthy cause.
  • DanslinkDanslink Posts: 8,365
    Forum Member
    If you watched The One Show tonight, you saw that the Children in Need studio got a nice little revamp. There's stairs!!
  • LenzarLenzar Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    I will not be watching Children in Need as it is virtually all music these days, but the reason I am avoiding it is because the 'music' is that rubbish by JLS-hite. I'd rather eat raw sewage than listen to a second of music by those idiotic chavs, and everybody else just sings anyway these days.

Whatever happened to decent segments like Rowan Atkinson as Doctor Who?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 199
    Forum Member
    No thank you.

I think theres rugby I can watch on BBC Two instead. And I don't much like rugby.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,400
    Forum Member
    Pop Stars In Need.

Different year same old turns / newsreaders / soap stars / Terry Wogans wig.

All very noble , but just another excuse to save some electricity. If you could pledge money to see Ant & Dec being hit with a cricket bat , Graham Norton having his P45 shoved up his backside or Westlife being superglued to their stools i might tune in.

No wonder sales of video games / DVD's are high.

:)
  • LenzarLenzar Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    The worst bit for me is when people make an 'appearence' but don't do anything. Don't strain yourselves for charity, guys.

Also, why repeat the same four or five sad stories? Surely there's more children in need?
  • TCD1975TCD1975 Posts: 3,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My opinion is insignificant, compared with the money generated for good causes, but I hate Children in Need. It's a terrible evening of self promotion mixed with third rate sketches.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When it comes to Children In Need,/Sports Relief/Comic Relief etc. I look forward to reading the threads on here about the show because it is much more entertaining than the actual programme. :p
  • tauran_shammytauran_shammy Posts: 5,847
    Forum Member
    I do a lot of work for charidee mate
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAIWTLal9e4
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hera wrote: »
    When it comes to Children In Need,/Sports Relief/Comic Relief etc. I look forward to reading the threads on here about the show because it is much more entertaining than the actual programme. :p

Here’s hoping it’s spectacularly awful so we can have fun with it on the level of the legendary "Concert for Diana" thread.
  • NailzNailz Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Radio Times says 'the nations sweetheart' is appearing.
    We all know who they mean unfortunately.
  • Angel_DelightsAngel_Delights Posts: 2,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nailz wrote: »

Kate Middleton?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 259
    Forum Member

WHAT!? Is Derek Acorah trying to talk to Diana?
  • Richieboy87Richieboy87 Posts: 3,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh , it's not her is it?:yawn: