Options

Game of the Year?

Aye UpAye Up Posts: 7,053
Forum Member
I know its somewhat early to start talking about this but consider it what do you reckon will be on the Game of the Year lists for most websites?

I have never seen an autumn packed with so many blockbuster titles.

Battlefield 3
Modern Warfare 3
Gears of War 3
Uncharted 3
Arkham City
Forza 4

I am sure there is more to add but I reckon they are the main players. Judging by what I have seen and experienced from early previews of UC 3 for me that is shaping up to be the game of the year for me....I get another 10 hrs+ fondling with Mr Drake and will be in heaven.

Having played the beta of Battlefield 3 I am not instantly turned on by it additionally MW 3 looks more of the same although that is likely to be a release day purchase for me I feel.

Then there is Assassins Creed: Revelations.....Its a Blockbuster but doesn't have the same following as the aforementioned games I feel.

This is gonna be an expensive few months for me I reckon!

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 109
    Forum Member
    Skyrim
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,428
    Forum Member
    Arkham City will be.
  • Options
    mirrorimagemirrorimage Posts: 4,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After a bit of a drought, 2011 Q4 is shaping up to be gaming heaven

Gears of War 3
    Saints Row the Third
    Uncharted 3
    COD: MW3
    The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
    Arkham City

I think I'm going to go with Skyrim, because The Elder Scrolls games are just...awesome.
  • Options
    BartackBartack Posts: 1,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Skyrim.
  • Options
    Vast_GirthVast_Girth Posts: 9,793
    Forum Member
    Skyrim or Arkham city!

MW3 will just be more of the same...boring
  • Options
    DaedrothDaedroth Posts: 3,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Skyrim will probably be my favouite game of the year. For ones I've played already, probably Portal 2.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate when tons of good games come out at the one time, you play one get another then never go back :(
  • Options
    PinSarlaPinSarla Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well Skyrim, maybe. We'll see in a few months :cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member
    Well, even though I haven't played two of them yet, I know that my GoTY will be between Gears of War 3, Arkham City and Skyrim. Probably Skyrim as I've been waiting for another Elder Scrolls game for years.
  • Options
    ConroyConroy Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it will be a toss up between Uncharted 3, Arkham City and Portal 2.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mine will be uncharted 3, i've been waiting pretty much since i finished uncharted 2 and since they showed the announcement trailer last year i've literally been checking everywhere every day for little bits of news

Sure there are other games am looking forward to (MW3, need for speed, batman) but am not really expecting them to be as good
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    Uncharted 3
  • Options
    OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    Portal 2
  • Options
    DavonatorDavonator Posts: 4,410
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So far it's Portal 2 for me, but so many potentially great games coming out soon.
  • Options
    Fowl FaxFowl Fax Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fifa 12, can't think of any other game I will be playing more.
  • Options
    funnyhairfunnyhair Posts: 622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Uncharted 3.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 134
    Forum Member
    Although I'm loving Arkham City - I also say Uncharted 3.
  • Options
    Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm getting Batman today so it'll probably be that until I've played Uncharted 3, then that will be GOTY, so I guess my opinion will change over time.

Skyrim seems to be a popular choice but I have no interest in that game, so if that wins then GOTY will be my choice.

It's gonna be one of those 3 tho? May the best game win.
  • Options
    Bio MaxBio Max Posts: 2,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Skyrim
  • Options
    HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I will be spending my money on Uncharted 3.

But I feel something like Arkham City or Skyrim should get GOTY (Based on what we know of them and having played none of the above games.)

The problem with Uncharted 3, Gears of War 3, Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Forza 4 these are all the third game released in the series this generation, and while all the games will no doubt be awesome they will all be following a tried and tested formula leaving them with a slight taste of been there done that.

Arkham City is the second game in the Batman franchise and is looking to step everything up from the first game, from the looks of it it could be the same sort of step up that UC2 had from its predecessor.

Skyrim is also the second game in the Elder Scrolls franchise this generation and again like Batman they really seem to have stepped things up for this game, hopefully they now have a good understanding of the hardware and will be able to top Oblivion. My only reservation about Skyrim is that Bethesda RPG games are normally shit for the first couple of months.

So I guess Arkham City will be GOTY.
  • Options
    MojoMasterMojoMaster Posts: 6,494
    Forum Member
    Skyrim will walk it.

But there are a tonne of great games to pick from this year, and it has been a great year for games.
  • Options
    sheep88sheep88 Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would like Fifa 12 or Assassins Creed Revelations to be GOTY but can see Uncharted 3 being GOTY for most websites.
  • Options
    PinSarlaPinSarla Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MojoMaster wrote: »
    Skyrim will walk it.

But there are a tonne of great games to pick from this year, and it has been a great year for games.

I don't know like, I think it will figure on some website's GOTY awards. I think the fact there hasn't been a TES game for a while will be in it's favour. That and i fully imagine it will be awesome :D
  • Options
    O'NeillO'Neill Posts: 8,721
    Forum Member
    Skyrim, hopefully.
  • Options
    NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The big winner this year? Us.

So many good games coming out over the next few weeks, you can make a strong argument for any of Uncharted 3, Skyrim, Arkham City, Saints Row The Third, Portal 2, Battlefield 3 and MW3, maybe more.

I couldn't call a winner until I've played them, but I think it'll be between Skyrim and Arkham City.