Options

Never Mind The Buzzcocks - Series 24, Thurdsday 10pm BBC2

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,442
    Forum Member
    HALibutt wrote: »
    Had forgotten about Jack Dee. I enjoyed the show he fronted too. After Tim Minchin I would pick him as regular host. :cool:

I saw Jack Dee live years ago and it was the funniest thing ever! Was crying with laughter! but dunno what's happened to him since - what's he really done apart from Big Brother, Buzzcocks and a not-too-great sitcom, etc?

He is on the Sorry I haven't a clue tour in Newcastle on the 8th of December.

I think he does the smaller stuff rather than big massive tours at the moment - might have had enough of all that now?
  • Options
    AzagothAzagoth Posts: 10,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Isn't it about time that somebody reminded that tit, Tim Westwood, that he's a middle class white man in his 50s, and not some 14 year old black wannabe 'Gangsta' that needs to shout everything in a stupid faux Jamaican accent?
  • Options
    JayTeeEssJayTeeEss Posts: 74
    Forum Member
    The whole show tonight was painful.

Truly

Truly

Painful.
  • Options
    Mr MertonMr Merton Posts: 477
    Forum Member
    Azagoth wrote: »
    Isn't it about time that somebody reminded that tit, Tim Westwood, that he's a middle class white man in his 50s, and not some 14 year old black wannabe 'Gangsta' that needs to shout everything in a stupid faux Jamaican accent?

He may be a fiftysomething white middle class man but a fair number of young people still seem to relate in some way to him, accent or no accent, which must count for something. (And he genuinely loves what he does.) However he does come over as being a parody of himself that doesn't quite realise that he has become one :D

I thought tonight's show would be car crash TV and it certainly lived up to that expectation, being strangely entertaining for that reason alone. Whilst you're watching, you start to think: "Could it possibly get any worse?"
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was actually hoping for something good from the show tonight as you could have certainly got a lot of mileage out of taking the piss out of westwood, but the problem, i guess, is that he takes himself completely seriously.

Some funny bits in the show, but none of them to do with anything westwood said or did.
  • Options
    GarethHarrisonGarethHarrison Posts: 2,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There were far too many gimmicks in tonight's show, what with the whole JLS substitution thing, and the random appearance of Pat Sharp! I kind of miss it being a bit more straightforward, and the comedy coming out from the host, guests and questions, rather than shoe-horned in situations.
  • Options
    boksboxboksbox Posts: 4,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Azagoth wrote: »

Turned off as soon as I saw Westwood, just can't watch him on anything.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I had a friend who acted all "Gangsta" and I was at his house one day when Westwood came on the TV, he called him rather strong but lets just say he said "what a plonker" and I just turned to him and said really he reminds me a little of you - I couldn't believe he couldn't see he acts the exact same way.
  • Options
    RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Westwood??????? God No! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Well, you got that right. Last week's edition now looks like a work of genius compared with the purile rubbish that was on tonight. Tim Westwood, is that the final nail in the coffin of this show ?
  • Options
    StardogStardog Posts: 2,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This series has been the worst yet.

Please cancel it. That's the first I'm I've wanted it cancelled.
  • Options
    Georged123Georged123 Posts: 5,763
    Forum Member
    That was horrible.

The show can still keep going but they either need one solid permanent host or guest hosts who are actual presenters and not unfunny actors/musicians.
  • Options
    Dung hole DaveDung hole Dave Posts: 734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i always thought westwood was a d!ck, but hes got worse
  • Options
    Gutted GirlGutted Girl Posts: 3,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually one moment that made me laugh tonight was the tumbleweed moment when Westwood made a gag and expected the audience to laugh and there was silence. It was so cringeworthy.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    HALibutt wrote: »
    I saw Jack Dee live years ago and it was the funniest thing ever! Was crying with laughter! but dunno what's happened to him since - what's he really done apart from Big Brother, Buzzcocks and a not-too-great sitcom, etc?

Which is actually quite a lot of work compared to most of us. But yeah, nothing like contradicting your own 'What's he done for me lately' attitude! :p
    Stardog wrote: »
    This series has been the worst yet.

Please cancel it. That's the first I'm I've wanted it cancelled.

Uh...wouldn't you rather it just get better?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Actually one moment that made me laugh tonight was the tumbleweed moment when Westwood made a gag and expected the audience to laugh and there was silence. It was so cringeworthy.

I can't stand Westwood so I didn't watch it but I might find it on i-player just to see this! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind the show having guest hosts - we saw with Wogan and Tim Minchin that it can work.

There's a part of me that wouldn't mind seeing Paloma Faith as a guest host - she's so brilliant when she's on the panel, it might work with her as the host ..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really liked that episode, but that was purely because of Pat Sharp. Whenever he came on, I started laughing so much, especially when he joined Russell Watson for the 2nd song, that was so funny! Russell Watson was good too.

But,I can't wait for next week's episode. Josh Groban presenting!!! The episode in which he appeared has been, for me, the most memorable, so I'm hoping with his presence he can bring back some of that magic.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    Lee mack is hosting next week, its josh groban the week after
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm also looking forward to Groban's episode. He's definitely someone who can take the piss out of himself and that's perfect for that show - just hope it isn't a let down.
  • Options
    Forum Member

I thought this was the funniest moment too, especially when Noel explained about comic beat.

I also liked Pat Sharpe.

I didn't much like Russell Watson, though he just came across as a me me me attitude, and when someone made a little joke although he took it on the chin, you could see he didn't like it - until he came up with a "witty" response of his own.

I didn't like the Comedienne (can't remember her name) either - I have never really found her funny on any of the shows she has been on, or her stand-up either if I am honest. But was it me or did she have a bit of a vendetta against Westwood?

So all in all, I wouldn't say it was the best episode but it wasn't the worst I am sure, I think Westwood has clouded peoples judgements a little. I will continue watching the show but if something better comes along I might switch over. Which is a shame as I used to love this show. I remember watching it when I was a kid and thinking it was fantastic.

And I don't really find the comedienne (can't remember her name) as I haven't found her funny on any of these type of shows or her own stand-up either - although she did seem to have a vendetta against Tim Westwood.

Apart from that I can't say it was the best show - but I honestly don't think it was the worst show, I think peoples dislike of SW
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I heard Russel "the voice" Watson tell that same story about Shaun Ryder when he was on "Something for the weekend"..almost word for word as well!!

He must tell it a lot.
  • Options
    J-JJ-J Posts: 1,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I miss Simon !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would have loved to see Simon and Westwood i think that would be TV Gold bhoyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, you got that right. Last week's edition now looks like a work of genius compared with the purile rubbish that was on tonight. Tim Westwood, is that the final nail in the coffin of this show ?

I'd forgotten he was hosting - I watched with frozen horror as he introduced the teams and that was as much as I could stand. Westwood is a joke, unfortunately, not a remotely funny one.
  • Options
    Loz_FraggleLoz_Fraggle Posts: 5,759
    Forum Member
    I heard Russel "the voice" Watson tell that same story about Shaun Ryder when he was on "Something for the weekend"..almost word for word as well!!

He must tell it a lot.

and he said it on The Wright Stuff too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Which is actually quite a lot of work compared to most of us. But yeah, nothing like contradicting your own 'What's he done for me lately' attitude! :p

Er, no not REALLY. Not when you consider that that's the sum of his work over maybe the last 20 years???

All I meant was he's not as 'big' as he once was, nowhere near. It's a bit like seeing Michael Macintrye doing a bit part in Emmerdale in 10 or 20 years time..... :o