Options

Susanna's Waltz

Comments

• Options
    missfrankiecatmissfrankiecat Posts: 8,388
    Forum Member
    Have to give credit to Kevin for his lovely choreography - best he's produced this series. Susanna's technique was miles better and performance wise she nailed it. :)

It was a lovely choreography and styling and he danced it beautifully. To be honest, I couldn't see her footwork for most of the dance due to the dress and camera work but her performance gave a good impression.
  • Options
    PoenaPoena Posts: 551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lovely lovely lovely lovely lovely.

There - that saves me fishing around for suitable vocabulary. :D:D:D
  • Options
    kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wasn't keen on the partnership at the beginning of the series, but as the weeks have progressed so have Susanna & Kevin as a partnership, and tonight was absolutely beautiful.

Should have had at least 1 10, preferably 2. Especially considering Patrick got a 10 after making a mistake with one of the lifts.
  • Options
    warszawawarszawa Posts: 4,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it was a ten, but it was lovely nonetheless. I've been pleasantly surprised by both of them.
  • Options
    carol northcarol north Posts: 2,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    These two are my favouries along with Abbey.

Gorgous dance - how good a teacher is Kevin he is about
    my favourite pro now and love Suzannah.
    Shoul have had a least one ten.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Best dance tonight. Love Kevin and their relationship.
  • Options
    isledanceisledance Posts: 883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree with you, her headline is a little static too , but compared to Patricks error, cannot understand why she did not at least match his score....!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    Beautiful, and at last they gave her a decent frock after the horrors of the last 2 weeks.
  • Options
    mrsgrumpy49mrsgrumpy49 Posts: 10,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The dress was F A B U L O U S. In fact it had such swing built into it that I'm wondering if it didn't enhance her apparent performance a teeny bit. My only gripe - which is presumably not her fault - why do they have to paste her with muddy brown foundation every week? Actually this week wasn't as bad as previous weeks.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,340
    Forum Member
    The beginning where she was kind of rubbing her arms and touching her face reminded me of a 1970s' Oil of Ulay ad.
  • Options
    bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lovely dress, a bit of a distraction from her dancing IMO.
  • Options
    mrsgrumpy49mrsgrumpy49 Posts: 10,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bornfree wrote: »
    Lovely dress, a bit of a distraction from her dancing IMO.
    I do think the way that dress swung and glided, even someone like me would appear passable :D
  • Options
    RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beautiful dance, and fairly marked I thought.

She needs a little more extension and to smooth out a little more.

Fabulous though, I loved it.
  • Options
    SCD-ObserverSCD-Observer Posts: 18,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Definite improvement in this dance. Much better top line. Fairly marked. Not a ten dance, though Darcey has lost my respect for giving Patrick a ten for that glaring mistake in the end.
  • Options
    CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it was an exquisite performance, absolutely beautiful. You could really feel the chemistry between her and Kevin. Plus, her frock is gorgeous!

It really was beautifully elegant and her dress was gorgeous. It was lovely to watch.
  • Options
    chels.pchels.p Posts: 281
    Forum Member
    WOW,

Susanah has logged on here with lots of false user names ?;)

If a woman cant do a waltz where all she has to do is follow the mans lead she should not be on IMHO.

dons tin hat ...:)

Ummmm...what ballroom dance doesn't involve the woman following the man's lead? :confused::confused::confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chels.p wrote: »
    Ummmm...what ballroom dance doesn't involve the woman following the man's lead? :confused::confused::confused:

That poster obviously is not a long time SCD viewer. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,076
    Forum Member
    Probably my favorite dance tonight, the dress, the dance, the lighting . . . it all came together beautifully.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The beginning where she was kind of rubbing her arms and touching her face reminded me of a 1970s' Oil of Ulay ad.

Almost like Emma's tittarubba. :D

But this is something else, must try to find a name for that...
  • Options
    darnelledarnelle Posts: 9,116
    Forum Member
    she stepped up tonight i am starting to really like her mainly because you can see how much she loves dancing
  • Options
    bobblabobbla Posts: 11,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My favourite dance of the night and my second favourite of the series. It had all the elements needed to make it great. Beautiful choreography by Kevin, stunning dress, emotional music, great dancing and fabulous chemistry - the one thing that can't be taught.

I've watched it several times, the only other dance i've rewatched is Sophies Charleston.
  • Options
    tobitobi Posts: 2,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Much better than overmarked Abbey
  • Options
    MoonbeanMoonbean Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely beautiful. It was the dance of the night for me and she deserved a ten IMO. And yes, that dress with the fluffy bits was lovely too!
  • Options
    smudesmude Posts: 17,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Much better than Abbey.
  • Options
    Eittol96Eittol96 Posts: 670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Beautiful dance