What's your main hope for the weekend?

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,924
    Forum Member
    That all my staff turn up and turn up sober!! Haha no bloody chance. One lad sleeps in every Sunday. Drives me nuts. On the homeside hoping the mattress on the bed downstairs is too big for my son's bed in his own place. He wants the mattress off his old bed as it is very comfy. Will leave me with an uncomfy mattress on the spare bed. Selfish or what? Yes I am. :D Suppose I had better go and measure it. :(
  • SaigoSaigo Posts: 7,893
    Forum Member
    Steak, sex and sleep.
  • HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A day at the Masham Sheep Fair, buying wool and betting on the sheep in the sheep steeplechase... and hopefully my oldest is back from the wrong side of the Pennines for the weekend.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Get through 'til Monday without getting banned :D
  • Lisa.JLisa.J Posts: 1,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    United to beat West Ham on sat & nice weather for my friends hen do :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 464
    Forum Member
    I'm hoping we'll be cracking open the champagne. My friend has her third and final interview for the job of her dreams at 10am today, and if she's successful she will be told later on this afternoon.

That's quite exciting! Hope you're opening that champagne later.
  • luckylilaluckylila Posts: 3,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My main hope is to enjoy the weekend as much as I've enjoyed the week. (We are having a holiday at home at the moment and it's going really well).

Also hoping Europe win the Ryder cup too of course!
  • Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    That I either:-

a) win the lottey
    b) die in my sleep.

So that I dont have to come to work on Monday, its really, really getting me down.

:cry:
  • contrariancontrarian Posts: 1,475
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    points for my FF team
  • planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    my main hope is world peace, on a lesser more personal level i'm hoping for some chinese crispy duck pancakes....
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^screw World peace I'd just like some peace here :)
    Also, am following a ~5miles googlemapped out route so I'm hoping it is correct and I don't get lost.
  • Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So how did everyone get on? Did your main hope come to fruition or not?
    For me, I hope Team Europe are victorious in The Ryder Cup. Would love them to win by a clear margin, but another close run contest like The Miracle at Medinah would be thrilling to see!

Mine did! Great victory for Europe! Gutted The Ryder Cup is only every two years. I think it's one of the greatest contests in sport.
  • AndrueAndrue Posts: 23,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I nearly got my wish. Scored 100. Was let down by two wayward drives and a dodgy 6-hybrid. Don't know that keeps bothering me, 4 and 5 are fine but it's a new set so just teething problems.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andrue wrote: »
    I nearly got my wish. Scored 100. Was let down by two wayward drives and a dodgy 6-hybrid. Don't know that keeps bothering me, 4 and 5 are fine but it's a new set so just teething problems.

Good stuff! How many over did you finish then? What do you officially play off?

Don't think I've ever broken 100! Though when I play I'm usually playing match play or Stableford with friends so I don't really keep count of strokes. I unoffically play off 28, though if I could actually finish only 28 over, I would be a happy man! :D:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A_Zombie wrote: »
    Hopefully my SATA-USB cable will arrive so I can finally format the hard drive of an old desktop so I can install a new OS. Then I can finally get on with my intranet project.

Other than that, I'd like to collect a few trophies on the PS3.

The cable did not arrive. :( On the upside, I did manage to get three PS3 trophies.
  • AndrueAndrue Posts: 23,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good stuff! How many over did you finish then? What do you officially play off?
    I finished 28 over. I don't have an official handicap yet. I'm waiting until I can get less than 28 over reliably :)

It was the two errant drives that annoyed me. I've recently got my driver working again and until the 11th had been hitting them straight and true. Then the curse of the 11th and 13th struck. I've clearly got some kind of mental hang-up about those two holes :(

http://ryehill.co.uk/golf/our-courses/championship/

Mind you it can happen to anyone. Poulter sliced one into a lake at the weekend :D
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Main hope for the weekend, is that, by then-or at the latest, during it-I hear that I've got that job I had the interview for, a week last Wednesday. It was the job interview I've had for ages, & the first one in a still longer time which actually seemed to go quite well. The interviewer assured me I would hear of the result within a couple of weeks, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
  • Vix77Vix77 Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rich_L wrote: »
    That I either:-

a) win the lottey
    b) die in my sleep.

So that I dont have to come to work on Monday, its really, really getting me down.

:cry:

I think you definitely need a new job rich, no job should make you feel that bad :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andrue wrote: »
    I finished 28 over. I don't have an official handicap yet. I'm waiting until I can get less than 28 over reliably :)

Well, when you do and you turn in some scorecards, you'll probably be given a handicap of a few less than 28! Good work, wish I could be as consistent. I don't play as often as I'd like to, or as often as would allow me to improve significantly! Three young kids has put a stop to all that. :D

Golf, the most frustrating game in the entire world...but I love it!

And yes - even the pros can mess up...and reasonably often as well!
  • HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So how did everyone get on? Did your main hope come to fruition or not?

Mine did! Great victory for Europe! Gutted The Ryder Cup is only every two years. I think it's one of the greatest contests in sport.

Yes, we won a quid in one race,:D but lost a quid with another.:cry: Oldest son came along too so we spent a fair bit of time in t'pub to make a day of sheep bearable. Sunny afternoon, pub garden in the Dales with some musicians playing Irish music and spending time with my eldest... what's not to love? Son bought me a posh cider and a huge bottle of whisky. Lovely sunny day, and I came home with some loot, too.
  • farmer bobfarmer bob Posts: 27,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hoping our local football team win this coming weekend again, 4 games unbeaten now :cool:
  • Mr_EyeMr_Eye Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Generally if I don't vomit on my own shoes I consider it a job well done.
  • CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Croctacus wrote: »
    Another win and another couple of goals for son and his football team, a lie in at least one day, the gardening fairy to appear and finish my back garden.

Got none of these.

Oh well, there's always next weekend.