Judy Murray Week 2 - Will that Cha cha go down as one of the worst ever...

12346»

Comments

• katmobilekatmobile Posts: 10,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Illuvatar wrote: »
    There was a cha-cha?

Half of it was her standing still and Anton gurning and creeping around her with way too much faffing around with props.

The other half was basically walking around the dance floor with a face like thunder.

It was shocking.

It was embrassing wasn't it? She seems like a nice lady but I have no idea why people are voting for her. She isn't a dancer or a even a performer like Scott or Tim are.
  • pinkwaferpinkwafer Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think Anton is a very good teacher. He never seems to get much out of the older women as he's too busy joking about or fawning over them. His choreography is apalling as well.
  • bruisedkneesbruisedknees Posts: 20,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    katmobile wrote: »
    It was embrassing wasn't it? She seems like a nice lady but I have no idea why people are voting for her. She isn't a dancer or a even a performer like Scott or Tim are.

Do you truly have no idea why people are voting for somebody who seems like a nice lady on a reality TV show?
  • What name??What name?? Posts: 26,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you truly have no idea why people are voting for somebody who seems like a nice lady on a reality TV show?

I'm guessing there is a section of people who want to see another if Abtons iconic sambas. I don't think that is particularly kind to her because I'm not sure she wants to be a joke.
  • RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pinkwafer wrote: »
    I don't think Anton is a very good teacher. He never seems to get much out of the older women as he's too busy joking about or fawning over them. His choreography is apalling as well.

I think that is unfair. Anton gave Judy a straighforward and easy Cha cha.

Judy just finds dancing alien and difficult.

He seems encouraging and helps Judy deal with it all humorously as far as I can see.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm guessing there is a section of people who want to see another if Abtons iconic sambas. I don't think that is particularly kind to her because I'm not sure she wants to be a joke.

I don't think so. Judy is trying and she's nice. There are others that people like LESS at the moment, and are pretty bad. That's it.
  • What name??What name?? Posts: 26,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think so. Judy is trying and she's nice. There are others that people like LESS at the moment, and are pretty bad. That's it.

I think your missing my point which is that it is a kindness to let some people go earlier rather than later. I suspect she and Scott might fit into that category.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think your missing my point which is that it is a kindness to let some people go earlier rather than later. I suspect she and Scott might fit into that category.

I don't think that Anton is in the business of 'scuppering' someone's chances though.

And he probably has some hope of improvement too. I do, she's trying and they're having fun.
  • daziechaindaziechain Posts: 12,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She may well be enjoying it.
    She's a nice lady who is putting the time and effort in. Not everyone is born to it but I think the viewers would love to see her have one good or halfway decent dance. A reward for her hard work.
    Anyway .. niceness should be rewarded :D at this stage of the competition anyway.
  • MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    daziechain wrote: »
    She may well be enjoying it.
    She's a nice lady who is putting the time and effort in. Not everyone is born to it but I think the viewers would love to see her have one good or halfway decent dance. A reward for her hard work.
    Anyway .. niceness should be rewarded :D at this stage of the competition anyway.

So who are the 'nasty' celebs who should be punished at this stage of the competition?;-)
  • Fuchsia GroanFuchsia Groan Posts: 3,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Muggsy wrote: »
    So who are the 'nasty' celebs who should be punished at this stage of the competition?;-)

Simon. He's arrogant and full of himself.

It must be true because it said so on this forum somewhere or other. ;-)
  • MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Simon. He's arrogant and full of himself.

It must be true because it said so on this forum somewhere or other. ;-)

And Tim for being too 'touchy feely' apparently.:(:D
  • Fuchsia GroanFuchsia Groan Posts: 3,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And Tim for being too 'touchy feely' apparently.:(:D

Pixie's a personality free zone.

Mind you.......:o

*...... slaps own wrist..... * :blush:
  • daziechaindaziechain Posts: 12,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think there are any .. I'm not even one of those people who thought Greg was the anti-Christ :D I didn't say she warranted the votes over anyone else .. just that people will vote because she is nice and because they can see that she needs the votes (and is trying) .. same as every year. Anton's vote can't be discounted either .. he's very popular.

Name me one Strictly series where the order of eliminated celebs correlated precisely with their ability? To my mind Judy is no worse than Chris Parker and he came within a sniff of winning :o
  • daisydeedaisydee Posts: 39,393
    Forum Member
    daziechain wrote: »
    I don't think there are any .. I'm not even one of those people who thought Greg was the anti-Christ :D I didn't say she warranted the votes over anyone else .. just that people will vote because she is nice and because they can see that she needs the votes (and is trying) .. same as every year. Anton's vote can't be discounted either .. he's very popular.

Name me one Strictly series where the order of eliminated celebs correlated precisely with their ability? To my mind Judy is no worse than Chris Parker and he came within a sniff of winning :o

I was :o at Chris Parker's attempt at dancing, but at least he had some sort of 'style' :p the problem with Judy is that she moves her feet but nothing else. I'm thinking that the nerves got to her, but if there is more of the same tonight, she'll get no sympathy from me.
  • Sandra BeeSandra Bee Posts: 9,368
    Forum Member
    It's annoying me now >:(

Why isn't Anton trying to sort out Judy's head position and posture. She is still dancing 'nose to nipple' with him after three weeks.

She would look so much better if he concentrated on that.

See to it, Anton. ;-)
  • Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Frustrating because I enjoy seeing progression and there was a smidgeon on Saturday.
  • Sandra BeeSandra Bee Posts: 9,368
    Forum Member
    Frustrating because I enjoy seeing progression and there was a smidgeon on Saturday.

There was and she is enjoying it so much. Considering Anton is a 'ballroom' man, I'm surprised he hasn't at least attempted to improve her hold. As we saw in 'Len's Lens' he is very vocal while dancing, so he could just hiss "head" every so often to remind her. :confused: