Options

Missing pros

sey77sey77 Posts: 666
Forum Member
✭✭
Just wondering which pros from previous series people would like to see back...

I miss Matthew Cutler, Brian Fortuna and Karen... I know Karen is still involved, and she's pregnant, but she was such a great teacher.

Comments

• Options
    Lolly_Du_BekeLolly_Du_Beke Posts: 1,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Erin. I miss her! Brian for me too, and Ian. And James. I loved him and I miss him loads.
  • Options
    missfrankiecatmissfrankiecat Posts: 8,388
    Forum Member
    I miss Erin too but it sounds from her tweets last night as if she wouldn't care for some of the more ridiculous themes and music being foisted on the pros.
  • Options
    dayzeeedayzeee Posts: 662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I miss Erin. Also Vincent and Flavia as a couple dancing the Argentine Tango.
  • Options
    EspressoEspresso Posts: 18,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I miss Darren and Lilia and Ian and Matthew.
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    I miss Katya, Flavia, Vincent and Brian.
  • Options
    holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know I should check it out on iplayer or recognise the improbability of what I am about to say but I thought for a moment that the popcorn vendor was Erin :D
  • Options
    PinkDiamondPinkDiamond Posts: 645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I miss Ian, Vincent and Flavia and also Anya from last year. I know Ian is on ITT and I believe Anya is involved with the choreography this year but it's not the same.
  • Options
    strictlyinlovestrictlyinlove Posts: 131
    Forum Member
    i miss most of them ...for me it is easier to say which ex -pros i dont want to see back

Matt jiving ...... James rumbas.... Erin quicksteps.... Lilia's salsa, samba, cha cha ....

On the other hand i could dispose of kristina .... i am also glad Artem is gone ......
  • Options
    ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    I don't exactly miss them but my all-time favourite Strictly pros are Karen Hardy and Vincent Simone.
  • Options
    Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I miss Erin too but it sounds from her tweets last night as if she wouldn't care for some of the more ridiculous themes and music being foisted on the pros.

That's a bit rich coming from the pro who foisted dacing mannequins on the brilliant Colin Jackson. Palpably embarrassing. :blush:

I miss nearly almost all of the old pros...Lilia, Flavia, VIncent, Ian, Matthew....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That's a bit rich coming from the pro who foisted dacing mannequins on the brilliant Colin Jackson. Palpably embarrassing. :blush:

There's a bit of a difference, surely, between contents of a show dance - for which there are no rules, no set tempo music, steps or theme and all the other 'ten' dances. You may not have liked Erin's mannequin show dance (many didn't) but, by its definition, a show dance content is down to personal choice of music, theme and content. Last night, on the other hand we had numerous offerings to off tempo music with bizarre theming - Jennifer's 'foxtrot' for e.g., which was barely recognisable as a FT or, at the other end of the scale for enjoyability, Jake's 'waltz' where theme appropriately dictated a style of performance (stiff and staccato) which was incompatible with the true demands of a waltz (graceful lyricism with sweeping rise and fall).
  • Options
    pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,103
    Forum Member
    I miss Vincent, Robin, Flavia, Camilla and Erin, would love to see them 5 back in place of Ola, Kristina, Aliona, Trent and Anton
  • Options
    Cheryl423Cheryl423 Posts: 1,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I miss most of them. They had such charisma and style, and were good teachers and choreographers.

And I wonder - will any of the current crop break new ground; introduce a new step or move - or something a little bit surprising ? Or will this series be lacking in innovation ?
  • Options
    PastaPasta Posts: 3,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To me, Kevin, Aljaz, Jenette and now Trent are all producing fine choreography - as good or better than anything some, at least, of the former pros did. The ones I miss are the ones who to me didn't get the chance to really fulfil their promise - Brian, Katya and Anya, would top that list.
  • Options
    tabithakittentabithakitten Posts: 13,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ian. That is all.
  • Options
    Julie JJulie J Posts: 1,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Miss Ian, would have loved to see him win it just once. Also miss Brian, Matthew, Vincent and Flavia

Definitely miss Artem this year - although I can watch him on DWTS on youtube :)
  • Options
    scout2006scout2006 Posts: 7,084
    Forum Member
    I miss Ian W, Flavia, Vincent, Erin and even James. There just doesn't seem to be the same camaraderie between the pro's this year.
  • Options
    Miriam_RMiriam_R Posts: 4,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Generally I get over the depature of Pros quickly, I feel I have to in order to try and like the next series, and plus feel it is only fair to give the new pros a chance as it's not their fault (but the producers) that they're now on the show while others are not.

If I had to push myself to say I miss any Pro, it would be Flavia, but (like with Vincent, Camilla, Karen and Artem) I'm glad she went of her own accord because then at least you know they left the show for their reasons rather than the show not seeing them of purpose any more. I do feel sorry for the likes of Katya and Anya, as there seemed no obvious reason to me why they weren't asked back for the main show, but at least they're still involved in the SCD in some way (either via the SCD cruise or behind the scenes choreographing for the main show). I have to say, while he is not an ex-Pro, I don't miss Robin at all and wouldn't mind him being replaced fully by either Trent or Tristan.
  • Options
    summertime09summertime09 Posts: 10,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Espresso wrote: »
    I miss Darren and Lilia and Ian and Matthew.

THIS ^^^^
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    There's a bit of a difference, surely, between contents of a show dance - for which there are no rules, no set tempo music, steps or theme and all the other 'ten' dances. You may not have liked Erin's mannequin show dance (many didn't) but, by its definition, a show dance content is down to personal choice of music, theme and content. Last night, on the other hand we had numerous offerings to off tempo music with bizarre theming - Jennifer's 'foxtrot' for e.g., which was barely recognisable as a FT or, at the other end of the scale for enjoyability, Jake's 'waltz' where theme appropriately dictated a style of performance (stiff and staccato) which was incompatible with the true demands of a waltz (graceful lyricism with sweeping rise and fall).

But the fact remains that the mannequin dance was deemed so awful that the overwhelming favourite did not win, entirely because of the dance. Very poor taste and judgement from Erin.
  • Options
    tabithakittentabithakitten Posts: 13,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    [QUOTE=Snakehips99;75168803]But the fact remains that the mannequin dance was deemed so awful that the overwhelming favourite did not win, entirely because of the dance. Very poor taste and judgement from Erin.[/QUOTE]

Colin was neither the overwhelming favourite, nor did he not win entirely because of the dance. The dance was as irrelevant as a Donny Osmond on a judging panel.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    But the fact remains that the mannequin dance was deemed so awful that the overwhelming favourite did not win, entirely because of the dance. Very poor taste and judgement from Erin.

The fact remains that Colin had lost to Darren Gough before anyone danced a step of their show dances. The judges votes counted even in the final those days so once Zoe went enough was revealed of the public votes for those who are mathematically literate to work out that Gough was unstoppable. It is one of Strictly's great myths that Colin's show dance lost him the final.
  • Options
    GlitterGlitter Posts: 846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I still miss Matthew Cutler every single year, he will always be my favourite pro dancer. It was a BIG mistake getting rid of him, that Jive pro dance to "Ever Fallen in Love" that he choreographed is still one of the best (no gimmicks, just fab dancing!) imo. I do also really miss Ian Waite, Vincent and Flavia and Brian Fortuna. I appreciate the need to "keep the show fresh" by introducing new pros but the decision to keep some of them year after year still baffles me!
  • Options
    pinkwaferpinkwafer Posts: 933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I miss Ian, Matthew, Lilia and Flavia.
  • Options
    Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ok. I perhaps should have clarified my thoughts, I loathed, nay despaired at Erins choice of show dance. It was risable. On the night I could have cried:cry:

Your point's, valid though they are, still do not negate my feelings. I think Erin lost the crown for Colin.:(