Options

Neighbours: The One Soap No-One Should Be Missing... (P2)

Comments

• Options
    Rob1985Rob1985 Posts: 5,194
    Forum Member
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    channel number 175 channel 5 plus 24

It's only 3 episodes isn't it?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Rob1985 wrote: »
    It's only 3 episodes isn't it?

oh not sure..i missed a few episodes anyway and just caught the ones i didn't see..was at my sister's on Sky and came across the channel lol
  • Options
    Get Den WattsGet Den Watts Posts: 6,039
    Forum Member
    I can't believe they're making Paul so dumb in this story that he can't seen an obvious con trick.
  • Options
    Leanne_Blake1Leanne_Blake1 Posts: 1,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe they're making Paul so dumb in this story that he can't seen an obvious con trick.

It's stretching reality a bit, Paul's too savvy to be taken in.
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, I think you are right flagomez. Paul wants love, and that's why he was so quick to be taken in by Dakota. I felt very sorry for him at the end.

And PTSD aside, I wish they'd waited a bit before Nate lost his rag. A storyline showing the strain that carers can suffer and the consequences there of would be very interesting.
  • Options
    pinkwaferpinkwafer Posts: 933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nate is dreadful. Is he buggering off soon? I agree that Floater has got better since they've split him and Amber up. She still has the personality of a wet lettuce though.
  • Options
    DaveinLeedsDaveinLeeds Posts: 951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Interesting that it's the mechanic who seems to be doing most of the questioning.

Obviously no need for the police!:)
  • Options
    DeschanelDeschanel Posts: 8,745
    Forum Member
    Nice seeing Patricia Pappas, again. Shame we don't see George much, but I guess the actor is unavailable.

I think they should have had Angry Nate pull away from Susan, causing her to lose her balance and fall onto a car. What we got was Nate brushing her hand away, with super dramatic music playing (and one hell-of-a horrified expression on Susan's face), like he had hit her or something.
    Interesting that it's the mechanic who seems to be doing most of the questioning.

Obviously no need for the police!:)
    He's an ex-detective, who is a regular character. Why waste money paying extras to speak?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Brennan is or has every job going ,bit like dr karl lol..Nate is doing my head in , he needs sorting out and helping,no one seems to offer help
  • Options
    lobeydosserlobeydosser Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    No, I think you are right flagomez. Paul wants love, and that's why he was so quick to be taken in by Dakota. I felt very sorry for him at the end.

And PTSD aside, I wish they'd waited a bit before Nate lost his rag. A storyline showing the strain that carers can suffer and the consequences there of would be very interesting.

Still think Nate not the right person to take care of Chris - the boy should listen to his mother!

And as for Daniel- after that soppy demonstration to Matt, I bet Matt wishes he had banged him up! And what on earth is Daniel wearing, while being used in a semi-executive capacity by Paul ? Does he buy his clothes at the same shop as Sonya?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    Nate (and his one single facial expression) is doing my head in! He is so wooden and has less depth than a Harold's coffee! Is he staying long??
  • Options
    Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lennie_rw wrote: »
    Nate (and his one single facial expression) is doing my head in! He is so wooden and has less depth than a Harold's coffee! Is he staying long??

I really cant stand him. I'm still clinging to the theory of a plot twist where its revealed he actually attacked Chris and his caring boyfriend routine is out of guilt. Josh was too drunk to remember but Chris was ok after he hit him and afterwards Chris and Nate had an argument which resulted in Nate flipping and knocking Chris unconscious. That way it would lead to his imprisonment and exit from the show. With him being in the opening credits though it looks unlikely. He's seemingly in it for the long haul.
  • Options
    Nobby BurtonNobby Burton Posts: 1,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I genuinely can't tell if the Nate actor is playing a blinder or is really, really terrible
  • Options
    SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Think
    Terese and paul
    may have an affair with
    Terese and Brad to split soon. According to DS neighbours soap page epi guide
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    Think
    Terese and paul
    may have an affair with
    Terese and Brad to split soon. According to DS neighbours soap page epi guide

well that's been on the slow build for quite some time. Part of me would like to see Paul and Naomi get together at some point though
  • Options
    Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    I genuinely can't tell if the Nate actor is playing a blinder or is really, really terrible

I'm completely the same, cannot for the life of me figure out if he's fab or utter rubbish :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nate is rubbish , end of !!
  • Options
    Get Den WattsGet Den Watts Posts: 6,039
    Forum Member
    The Nate storyline should be good, the traumatised war vet and all that but his acting is ruining it.

I did like it when he threatened Josh though: "Chris can't function because of yoooo! Because of yoooo!"
  • Options
    lobeydosserlobeydosser Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    Nate is rubbish , end of !!

Apart from the c**p acting, the character himself - why would he move in on Kennedys when he only has the most tenuous link to them? And how come Chris 'fell' for him so quickly when they have zero chemistry? And how is someone as damaged as him allowed to be in charge of recovery of an equally damaged person? It doesn't add up! He needs professional help, and so does Chris! Get rid, and give Chris a decent boyfriend! This one always looks so angry!
  • Options
    JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree Nate acting isn't the best but I thought he was quite good in today's episode.
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The guy playing Nate is doing OK. He's not completely horrible, and his taciturn nature suits the character's past.
  • Options
    jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,572
    Forum Member
    Woodbine wrote: »
    I agree Nate acting isn't the best but I thought he was quite good in today's episode.

Me too. A very powerful scene.
  • Options
    DeschanelDeschanel Posts: 8,745
    Forum Member
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    The guy playing Nate is doing OK. He's not completely horrible, and his taciturn nature suits the character's past.
    This is what I think, too. He's generally OK, but does sufferer the odd moment of seeming a little ropey.

Some people are acting like Nate's the new Ned/Didge/Mason, when he's positively Oscar worthy by comparison. No way any of them would have delivered actual tears while reciting the time a child was killed b/c he befriended her. Or the time he broke down at the school while recounting war stories.

I just think he's good at the more meaty scenes, and appears a bit wooden in the more general, day-to-day scenes. But due to the character's nature, it's difficult to tell if it's all done on purpose or if it generally is wooden acting.

When Amber said that Josh had a temper when they were together, did anyone think this was a little odd? I don't recall any moments when he's flare up at her?
  • Options
    LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Part of the problem I have with Nate is the delivery, like he's reading his lines for the very first time of seeing them or telling us the ingredients off the back of a cereal packet at five in the morning after no sleep.

The only emotions he has are rage and tears, neither of which feel real enough that I give two hoots about him or his story. Chris deserves someone better to bounce off while his current plot is running.
  • Options
    mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    Nate is growing on me but I don't think he's a great match with Chris and he doesn't fit in with the show all that well. That scene today was good though.
    Deschanel wrote: »
    T
    When Amber said that Josh had a temper when they were together, did anyone think this was a little odd? I don't recall any moments when he's flare up at her?

I dread the inclusion of that line so they can shove them back together again on the premise of 'he changed'. Ugh. He has matured but being away from Amber helped :D.
This discussion has been closed.