Options

Superdrug glycolic overnight peel...hero product!

Comments

• Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just put it on. Tingles a bit but feels quite cool and refreshing. I'd love to know how much Glycolic Acid is actually in it. I've looked online but it doesn't seem to say, which makes me think there might not actually be very much.
  • Options
    Poppy99_PoppyPoppy99_Poppy Posts: 2,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still too scared to use it. I have got a lot of time off work at Xmas. I think I will use it then so that if I have a reaction I don't have to face work! I have had some extreme reactions in the past.
  • Options
    LushnessLushness Posts: 38,169
    Forum Member
    Still too scared to use it. I have got a lot of time off work at Xmas. I think I will use it then so that if I have a reaction I don't have to face work! I have had some extreme reactions in the past.

Why don't you test it on your neck for a few days? Anyway I doubt there's a high glycolic acid content in there anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, I've been using it and I think it's fantastic. I'm shocked at the results. I've been putting it on 2 nights in a row, then leaving it off for a few nights and then 2 nights again. It has made a huge difference to my skin. Everything is tighter and my complexion is so much clearer. I had a few marks, spots on my face which were completely gone after just 2 uses!!
  • Options
    marieukxxmarieukxx Posts: 4,878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I've been using it and I think it's fantastic. I'm shocked at the results. I've been putting it on 2 nights in a row, then leaving it off for a few nights and then 2 nights again. It has made a huge difference to my skin. Everything is tighter and my complexion is so much clearer. I had a few marks, spots on my face which were completely gone after just 2 uses!!

I agree. My complexion is more clear, less marks from old spots I'd had. Mores even skin tone. Just generally looking a lot better. Very happy with it
  • Options
    duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yay! I'm really glad other people liked it. We should have a "recommend" thread.
  • Options
    abigail1234abigail1234 Posts: 1,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    duffsdad wrote: »
    Yay! I'm really glad other people liked it. We should have a "recommend" thread.

I tried to buy this over the weekend and the staff looked at me with blank expressions when I asked for it, so clearly they are unaware that they should be stocking this hero product. Will look elsewhere...
  • Options
    moonlilymoonlily Posts: 7,894
    Forum Member
    I'm a big fan of Superdrug - I use the moisturiser in the same range so I'll definitely try that. I like that Superdrug are against animal testing and have the bunny on their products.
  • Options
    Poppy99_PoppyPoppy99_Poppy Posts: 2,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    moonlily wrote: »
    I'm a big fan of Superdrug - I use the moisturiser in the same range so I'll definitely try that. I like that Superdrug are against animal testing and have the bunny on their products.

I have been using their Vit E body scrub for years - the one in a tube. It was great, very exfoliating without being scratchy, great container and cheap. It was always on offer and now they have discontinued it! They have brought one out in a tub with sugar in it. Twice the price and not portable like the old tube. I have bought one as I have run out but I am not happy. I have not tried it yet. I will be miffed if it is rubbish. It used to be one of my staple products for about 15 years and it ticked a lot of boxes for me. I am bereft.
  • Options
    pinkbellybuttonpinkbellybutton Posts: 1,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bought this just over a week ago and I love it. It left my skin so soft and smooth, and it does look so much brighter and clearer. Can't say it's tightened my pores, but the little bumps I get on my forehead, those ones that aren't quite spots but kind of are, are gone already!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    When I did my monthly online order from SD a couple of days ago this was on offer at 2.99 so I got some and use it the other night. The next morning my skin was noticeably glowy , I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes.
  • Options
    BethaneenyBethaneeny Posts: 10,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I work near a super drug, very tempted to go to work early tomorrow and pick one of these up!
  • Options
    Ba Na NaBa Na Na Posts: 1,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Might get it this week - What SPF moisturiser do you use after it though? I just have normal Nivea face cream.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I use Simple's moisturiser with SPF10 in it. I use the Superdrug Peel for 2 or 3 nights in a row an then have a few nights of not using it. I hate moisturisers with SPF in them as I always find them quite thick and they clog my pours, however this one seems to be ok for me as I'm only using it when I wash off the peel. I use a different moisturiser on other days.
  • Options
    Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    This sounds great. Once it's open I'm going to my local Superdrug this morning :)
  • Options
    HystericGlamourHystericGlamour Posts: 371
    Forum Member
    I got this today after reading this thread :D It was half price, too!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ba Na Na wrote: »
    Might get it this week - What SPF moisturiser do you use after it though? I just have normal Nivea face cream.
    I use this but I'm sure Nivea is fine

http://www.superdrug.com/Superdrug/Superdrug-Naturally-Radiant-Cream-Normal-Combi-75ml/p/516253
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I got this today after reading this thread :D It was half price, too!

Same! I fell asleep without doing my cleanse, moisturise so didn't get to use it :( but I'll let you know what it's like when I do :)
  • Options
    HystericGlamourHystericGlamour Posts: 371
    Forum Member
    I wasn't sure from the directions whether you're supposed to put moisturiser on first? :confused: Anyone??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I wasn't sure from the directions whether you're supposed to put moisturiser on first? :confused: Anyone??

A number of people have complained about this. There's no instructions about putting moisturiser on before or after application.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't put any moisturiser on before I use it, or after. I put moisturiser on the next morning when I wash it off. I do think that there must be such a small amount of glycolic acid in it, as in the morning my skin looks and feels amazing but I can't even feel it's on my skin. I wash it off, but it doesn't even feel like there's anything to wash off. I think it's great,.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't put any moisturiser on before I use it, or after. I put moisturiser on the next morning when I wash it off. I do think that there must be such a small amount of glycolic acid in it, as in the morning my skin looks and feels amazing but I can't even feel it's on my skin. I wash it off, but it doesn't even feel like there's anything to wash off. I think it's great,.

I think that's the best way. I would use a gentle cleanser then the peel.
  • Options
    OneTreeHillFanOneTreeHillFan Posts: 7,725
    Forum Member
    I bought this today and have just applied, will let you know if I see difference in the morning. :)

p.s why is it called a peel?
  • Options
    LushnessLushness Posts: 38,169
    Forum Member
    I bought this today and have just applied, will let you know if I see difference in the morning. :)

p.s why is it called a peel?

Because the dead skin is being 'peeled' off the face essentially; it's a chemical form of exfoliation.
  • Options
    OneTreeHillFanOneTreeHillFan Posts: 7,725
    Forum Member
    Ah thanks that makes sense. Really lied this by the way, I have sensitive skin and it didn't irritate it at all. My skin feels so soft and smooth today and looks really even. :)