Sons of Anarchy - Season 5 (US Pace)

Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
Forum Member
✭✭
There are a couple of other threads floating around, but none are specifically US Pace.

So... Season 5 starts in the US tonight :D

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    Season 5 starts with a bang..
    Right in with the action this season no pussy footing around waiting for something to happen.
    I wonder who that was at the end breaking in and attacking Unser?

[edit] I re-watched and seen that peg-leg one of the nomads was one of the gang that broke in. A possible inside job within the club? Is Clay thinking that dangerous just yet?
  • starman700starman700 Posts: 3,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved it,one of my favourite episodes i reckon,if the season carries on like that i think we are heading for the best season
    Forum Member
    Since everyone is posting in different threads all over the place, I thought i'd put it all in one place. What was the consensus on the premier last night. Personally I thought it was a brilliant way to open the show just showing us how the series is going to go. Everyone has their problems, right down to Juice who doesn't seem to be out of the woods just yet. What about Unser? Will he survive? Who was the nomad with? Is Clay planning a retaliation so soon? Are the one-niners actually that stupid?

Discuss
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    In the interest of keeping it in one place:

Blimey. Will Unser survive? What the heck will Tig do now? Who will win in the Jemma/Tara fued? Will Tara keep unravelling? Is that the last we'll see of Opie? Lots of questions. Sets it up nicely for the season.

Bit gutted we didn't get to see Filthy Phil's patching in ceremony, but glad he survived the truck wreck.
    Forum Member
    I think Unser will be fine.

Personally I think the Tig character will either go one of two ways. Completely Psychotic or he'll end up dead. I can't see any other choice at this stage personally.

I just don't like the character of Tara maybe it's the actress, i've been a Jemma fan since day 1. Tara needs to stop pulling faces realise supporting Jax means you're all in and face facts this isn't just some thing Jax can just walk away from.

Opie will definitely be back in a massive way and I'm hoping as Vice President, personally I don't see it while Clay is still alive but maybe for the good of the club he'll come back.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So many quotable lines this week :D

"There's nothing wrong with the occasional skank."

---

"Oh my god. I did a Spic pimp..."

"Yeah, and I did a drunken cracker milf."

---

"Congratulations! You're in charge now."

"I don't wanna be in charge!"

"Rise up to the occasion, brother. With great power comes great responsibility."

"I ain't no Spider-Man..."

Excellent season premiere. Mr Pope is quite ruthless! I wonder who that was who raided Unser's house? Have we seen someone with a false leg before?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Khewco wrote: »
    [edit] I re-watched and seen that peg-leg one of the nomads was one of the gang that broke in. A possible inside job within the club? Is Clay thinking that dangerous just yet?

Ah. I didn't notice that.

There had been other home invasions too. All by the nomads? I wonder WTF they're up to?

I hope they're not working for Clay... although I'm sure he must be up to something.
    Forum Member
    Matt D wrote: »
    Ah. I didn't notice that.

There had been other home invasions too. All by the nomads? I wonder WTF they're up to?

I hope they're not working for Clay... although I'm sure he must be up to something.

I doubt he's behind the nomad attacks, but he's definitely up to something. Owning up about Piney and putting himself at the clubs mercy was a risky move. He realizes Jax only kept him alive because he needed him. Personally I think Clay wants back at the head of the gavel and he's going to use Opie to get there somehow.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    Matt D wrote: »
    I wonder who that was who raided Unser's house? Have we seen someone with a false leg before?

When it showed a close up on one of the attackers shoes you could see that he was wearing the same shoes as one of the new recruits that they just voted in earlier in the episode (it was the guy who put his foot up on someone's shoulder during the voting in scene).
  • Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great episode. The scene with Tigs daughter...brutal stuff. Mr Pope is a bastard.

When the Sheriff was told about the two witnesses that came forward I got the feeling he realised this was a set up, or did I misread that ? He seems to a bit like Hale was, one of the few honourable folk around.

Also have to say...loving Taras new look...RAWR :D
  • phylo_roadkingphylo_roadking Posts: 21,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All by the nomads? I wonder WTF they're up to?

The one thing we didn't hear was WHY the Nomad chapter was closing down ;)

Hardly want of members if they landed in a number of chapters...
    Have we seen someone with a false leg before?

When it showed a close up on one of the attackers shoes you could see that he was wearing the same shoes as one of the new recruits that they just voted in earlier in the episode (it was the guy who put his foot up on someone's shoulder during the voting in scene).

There were three Nomads voted in - how many house invaders were there?
    When the Sheriff was told about the two witnesses that came forward I got the feeling he realised this was a set up, or did I misread that ? He seems to a bit like Hale was, one of the few honourable folk around.

Strange however that he didn't head STRAIGHT to the clubhouse...or Jax's ;)
    Forum Member
    http://khewco.blogspot.co.uk/

My updated opinion on this season so far
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Clay seems to be behind the home invasions. I wonder what his game is?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clay seems to be behind the home invasions. I wonder what his game is?

I'm not sure he is; yes he very obviously deadpanned it to Unser...but from the very last scenes it seems the three ex-nomads hit Gemma's house to get the safe with Clay's documents in there. Looks more like they want something on him...and the rest of the "pattern" of Sam Crow-related home invasions is to cover the safe theft?

Also - Unser said there were four attackers...but there's only three ex-nomads...I wonder who Number Four is?

(I wonder if Piney has something going from beyond the grave??? Something in motion to hit back at Clay? Clay was alwauys referred to as First Nine for three and a bit series...but JUST before Clay killed him last time out, he asked why Piney sponsored him in the club; to me that means Piney was around...or the CLUB was around...a long time before John Teller and Clay Morrow!)
  • dannyb0yukdannyb0yuk Posts: 2,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sam Crow

:D

I think you mean SAMCRO (Sons of Anarchy Motorcycle Club, Redwood Original)- there are no birds here :p

But as for this week....

Opie :eek::eek::cry:

Can't believe he's dead, I'm a bit disappointed actually as I thought he had more of a story yet to be told...
    Forum Member
    R.I.P. Opie
    It's unfortunate Sutter decided to cut him when he was the one with the biggest story to tell but I do think it needed to happen for Jax to turn the way he did at the end, he has Tig by the balls now, I can't wait to see what he has planned.

Personally I wanted Clay to die, after all this is his fault. He told Tig it was black, Tig's actions have caused all this bullshit.

Surprised to not see the nomad invasion this week actually. Although Pope looking into it, finding out the truth and telling Jax "it's your own guys" is going to be something else. I also smell an end for Juice, he finally got his dirty bit. He can't live after the things he got up to last season.

Finally on a complete and utter personal note, I hope that guard suffers beyond any recognition.

p.s I'll be updating my blog later with my true feelings on this situation and where I think the show can go next. I'll post a link when i'm done, if you could all take a look i'd appreciate it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Man, that was rough. Poor old Opie. All he seems to have done is suffer, and his life ended the same way. That's the first time the show has made me cry.
  • dannyb0yukdannyb0yuk Posts: 2,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kurt Sutter talks about last nights episode and offers insight as to how it will affect the season, as we move forward: http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/09/26/sons-of-anarchy-opie-death-kurt-sutter/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RIP, Opie :(

Juice got some MILF action.

Gemma is more and more of a bitch.
  • valdavalda Posts: 329
    Forum Member
    wow I couldn't even watch that last night - ended up muting the sound and looking through my fingers:cry:
    what an episode, I'll watch again properly over the weekend:cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    Great episode, however i really wish i hadn't looked on Facebook the night before it aired because the dumbass who is running the official SOA page wrote "The Sons lose one of their own tonight, who do you think it will be?" as a status...so i was expecting someone to bite it and it lessened the impact a bit. I thought it'd be Chibs rather than Opie though, so that came as a surprise. That said, it really had to be Opie in order to give Jax that final necessary push, losing Chibs wouldn't have had the required effect.
  • Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Slight OT but...
    Johnny Lewis has reportedly been found dead and is being considered a suspect in the homicide of an elderly woman.

The 28-year-old actor, best known for his roles in Sons of Anarchy and The OC, was found by the Los Angeles Police Department in a driveway in the Los Feliz area, ABC reports.

Officers had been called to the home after responding to reports of a woman screaming, and the body of a woman in her 70s was found in the home.

LAPD Commander Andrew Smith told ABC News affiliate KABC: "He appeared to have died from some type of fall, either from the stairway, or from the balcony, or from one of the roofs.

"The best we're piecing together now is that it appears that some type of altercation occurred inside of the house resulting in the death of the woman.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bloody hell. RIP Half Sack. Sounds very dodgy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think you mean SAMCRO (Sons of Anarchy Motorcycle Club, Redwood Original)- there are no birds here

I think you might want to look a little further into the history of the town of Charming, Ca. ;) Not ever noted that the locals usually pronounce it "Sam Crow" and not SAMCRO...? There is a reason...
  • welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor old Opie :(