Options

A possible was to make multi doctor stories work?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 208
Forum Member
We know the big 50 is on its way, everyone always seems a bit let down by multi doctor stories - hows this for an idea:

Have a multi doctor story, where they never meet, but we see the affects of one doctor having an impact on a later one. I guess this is an extension of the idea in "A Christmas Carol", where taking the boy back in time changed the present, but rather than the Doctor going back, they're all in one place, just at different times. That way 10 would do something & we see the impact it has on 11 or vice-versa. Could even be used as a device to "explain" the aging of some of the classic period Doctors.

You'd need a consistent baddie, to give it some continuity, but they're all fighting him/them at different times....

Comments

• Options
    MartinMartin Posts: 684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What does your thread title actually mean? :confused:
  • Options
    TLC1098TLC1098 Posts: 1,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How about Omega traps 11 in the Time War and when he arrives on Gallifrey the first thing he see's is 8 regenerating into 9 and then 9 fly's away in the Tardis.

I'm sure Chris wouldn't mind a 3 second scene.
  • Options
    steven1977steven1977 Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HeadLouse wrote: »
    We know the big 50 is on its way, everyone always seems a bit let down by multi doctor stories - hows this for an idea:

Have a multi doctor story, where they never meet, but we see the affects of one doctor having an impact on a later one. I guess this is an extension of the idea in "A Christmas Carol", where taking the boy back in time changed the present, but rather than the Doctor going back, they're all in one place, just at different times. That way 10 would do something & we see the impact it has on 11 or vice-versa. Could even be used as a device to "explain" the aging of some of the classic period Doctors.

You'd need a consistent baddie, to give it some continuity, but they're all fighting him/them at different times....

Just give it a 7 episode story and have each doctor get their own episode.