Options

what do you all mean when you say someones acting is wooden

2»

Comments

• Options
    sheepiefarmsheepiefarm Posts: 27,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wooden acting = Joey from Friends with his "smell the fart" method of acting :D
  • Options
    ChelseaEllieChelseaEllie Posts: 16,826
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Freddie Roscoe
    He really needs thought bubbles to show what he should be feeling rather than the crazy bug eye look he gives every time
  • Options
    soapnutsoapnut Posts: 6,958
    Forum Member
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    Who is wooden right now in EE?

Dexter & Lee are the worst.

I would add Fatboy to that equation also. Attempting to speak in a dodgy 'street' accent does not pass as acting.
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    Who is wooden right now in EE?

Dexter & Lee are the worst.

I have to disagree about Lee, Vas - I thought he was excellent last night when he was finally given something to get his teeth into.

But the less said about the appalling Dexter the better.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Freddie Roscoe
    He really needs thought bubbles to show what he should be feeling rather than the crazy bug eye look he gives every time

Charlie Clapham looks as if he's being continually tasered and is excruciatingly painful to watch :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Let's put it simply .. if you put a match to the set of Hollyoaks there would be nothing left.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AS said previously its when somebody is just like they were a wooden puppet. Mind you the series Thunderbirds had actors better than some of those in EE;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    soapnut wrote: »
    Charlie Clapham looks as if he's being continually tasered and is excruciatingly painful to watch :blush:

it also seems like he is learning crying in acting class, as he attempts it every scene for no reason, he looks like hes got hayfever 99% of the time
  • Options
    Forum Member
    it also seems like he is learning crying in acting class, as he attempts it every scene for no reason, he looks like hes got hayfever 99% of the time

Oh yes, and he's still got a way to go on the quivering lip thing, and he's STILL chewing those marbles that aren't actually there!

:o Was he not warned as a child that if the wind blew he would stick like that :confused: ..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh yes, and he's still got a way to go on the quivering lip thing, and he's STILL chewing those marbles that aren't actually there!

:o Was he not warned as a child that if the wind blew he would stick like that :confused: ..

He and Theresa are so bad, she only bites her lip to show emotion (all emotions are the same to her) he just stares like a crazed killer, to show emotion
  • Options
    srhgtssrhgts Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member

Lol, he really does. The last couple of episodes he's made me think of the sex face a slug might make.
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,327
    Forum Member
    Personally i'd say there is a difference between wooden and nad acting.

Wooden is when no Emotion comes across, by body language, vocal intonation. Facial expression, interaction with other actors.

Bad acting is when somebody responds in the wrong way to situations and and has no nuances. They over act, melodramatically respond to everything, cru, fling their arms around.

As she has already been mentioned I would say that Jorgie Porter is a bad rather than wooden actress.
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,327
    Forum Member
    Also, to add to the concept that some actors don't get given the chance. An actor can be very still without being wooden. Their stillness can be an acting tour De force in the right hands. A great actor can convey so much in their eyes and small body movements with virtually no dialogue. I would direct you to Guy Henry and Rosie Marcel in Holby City as examples.
  • Options
    dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    I think Ken Barlow fits the description perfectly. :D
  • Options
    IWasBoredIWasBored Posts: 3,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why do they say wooden why not plastic, glass, leather or bronze??:confused:

John Altman is a leather actor.
    Jenny McAlpine is a glass actress
    Freddie Roscoe's is a plastic actor
    Patrick Blake is a bronze actor