Daily Mail Izzy Fail...

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
Forum Member
A picture of Jennie McAlpine (Fizz) and her husband at their tea part, standing with Cherylee Houston who plays Corries Izzy.

The caption says "Hosts with the most: The couple pose for a snapshot with a well-wisher"

Made me laugh, I know how popular Izzy is on here...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2711617/Catherine-Tyldesley-boyfriend-Thomas-Pitfield-attend-Jennie-McAlpines-tea-party-Manchester.html

Comments

• desperate housedesperate house Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fizz has a tea shop in Manchester? Can someone email me the address so I can be sure to give it a miss when I am in the area?

Bet it's got some chintzy name like Fizzie Wigs!
  • LilyCLilyC Posts: 337
    Forum Member
    Fizz has a tea shop in Manchester? Can someone email me the address so I can be sure to give it a miss when I am in the area?

Bet it's got some chintzy name like Fizzie Wigs!

It's called Annie's and it's in St Annes Square. It's not very nice and the food is overpriced as well.
  • Pete CallanPete Callan Posts: 24,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha I remember a while ago they ran a story on Georgia May Foote and the caption said Georgia and friend - that friend being Katie McGlynn (Sinead Tinker)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LilyC wrote: »
    It's called Annie's and it's in St Annes Square. It's not very nice and the food is overpriced as well.

Thanks for that Lily:D

Overpriced and not very nice Does it have the same decor as her house on Corrie, and someone has to pay for all the pies she and Tryone munch!
    Forum Member
    Thanks for that Lily:D

Overpriced and not very nice Does it have the same decor as her house on Corrie, and someone has to pay for all the pies she and Tryone munch!

Well a hotpot or Cottage pie is £12.95 and it's nothing special. The place is just plain and boring.
  • mrs.deschanelmrs.deschanel Posts: 3,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That dress is vile. It reminds me of 1970s underpants. She also looks less than thrilled to pose with Antony Cotton.
  • fayemianfayemian Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eva's dress reminds me of a tablecloth my late nan used to have :D and i dont know if its my iphone playing up but was there really about four pictures of just her? I assume not many other people went ;-)
  • mac2708mac2708 Posts: 3,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well a hotpot or Cottage pie is £12.95 and it's nothing special. The place is just plain and boring.

From the pictures the menu board says:
    Lunch £9.85
    Pre-Theatre 5pm-7pm
    One Course £9.95
    Two Courses £12.95
    Three Courses £15.95
  • J-BJ-B Posts: 18,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who the bloody hell let Fiz of all people open a coffee shop?! I imagine the menu to read something like:
    awwwwww burnt pie ... £9.95
    awwwwww hayley's death juice awww ... £4.95
    awwwww ickle plate of chips ... £4.95
    awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww ... £ 7.95
    Forum Member
    mac2708 wrote: »
    From the pictures the menu board says:
    Lunch £9.85
    Pre-Theatre 5pm-7pm
    One Course £9.95
    Two Courses £12.95
    Three Courses £15.95

I'm not sure but we paid the prices from my previous message and there the prices that are on the website. I know a lot of places have a day were they do special offers so maybe it was yesterday.
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is quite a bit of hate for Jennie McAlpine on these forums- is she not very nice in real life?
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    J-B wrote: »
    Who the bloody hell let Fiz of all people open a coffee shop?! I imagine the menu to read something like:
    :o:o £7.95 for one measly awwwwwwwwwwwwww? Outrageous! >:(>:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    There is quite a bit of hate for Jennie McAlpine on these forums- is she not very nice in real life?
    Nah, none of know the first thing about Jennie - it's Fiz we all loathe and detest. :cool:
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    Nah, none of know the first thing about Jennie - it's Fiz we all loathe and detest. :cool:

I have heard some unpleasant comments about Jennie McAlpine on here.
  • wavlovrwavlovr Posts: 3,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There`s one thing in Jennys favour though...she didn`t invite Kym Marsh!!
    I cant stand Fiz, and am not too keen on Jenny much. But I do admire her for opening a coffee shop, She`s only 30, and it`s good that she thinks of her future.
    I wish she hadn`t worn high heels though. I always cringe when I see pregnant women wear high heels as i`m afraid they`ll trip over.
  • barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member

I don't think i'd like to know the prices
  • sorrentosorrento Posts: 1,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's actually got some great reviews it's also five star................
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It says...

Hosts with the most: The couple pose for a snapshot with Coronation Street castmember Cherylee Houston

:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    It says...

Hosts with the most: The couple pose for a snapshot with Coronation Street castmember Cherylee Houston

:confused:
    Lol, they must have changed it, (probably after an angry phone call from Cherylee's agent). This morning it said 'with a well wisher'. :D:D
  • Jay_1983Jay_1983 Posts: 1,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't Jennie McAlpine and her partner also own/run a restaurant in Manchester?
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    Even those pictures of Jennie McAlpine in real life rile me. - never mind her playing Fizz. >:(
  • CollieWobblesCollieWobbles Posts: 27,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    J-B wrote: »

:D:D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Central London prices!

The only star owned restaurant I would want to visit would be the Hog's Breath in Carmel California, owned by a real star, Clint Eastwood.:p