Options

Can we finally, once and for all, put and END to "GaGa copies everyone" allegations?

If_U_Seek_AmyIf_U_Seek_Amy Posts: 3,775
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anyone who claims GaGa steals from other artist does not "get" what GaGa is about.

GaGa takes her influences from the zeigeist, gives it her own spin and gives back to the zeigeist.

She may not say in exactly that moment in time that her hat was inspired by so and so and her dress was designed by so and so and was referencing such and such and her shoes symbolise this or that. Because that would be inane and tawdry.

What she does is she allows her audience to make their own mind about her art, be it her fashions choices, music videos, song lyrics, performances and bring their own experiances to works of art.

And anyone she has taken influence from does get credited in one way or another, be it in an award show speech, interview or even in a song, she makes sure that everyone who has ever influenced her work gets credited in some way along the line.

And however much she takes from the zeitgeist she puts alot more back in, I don't think we've ever seen an artist contribute more to the zeitgeist!

Comments

• Options
    markmc2k5markmc2k5 Posts: 3,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes we can...she definitely does copy from other artists! END
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it will end when she stops ;)
  • Options
    sunrisegirlsunrisegirl Posts: 302
    Forum Member
    it will end when she stops ;)

Agree!
  • Options
    AdcmAdcm Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd rather we end the threads about Gaga that just end in everybody generalizing and bashing her fans. :yawn:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Adcm wrote: »
    I'd rather we end the threads about Gaga that just end in everybody generalizing and bashing her fans. :yawn:

They have dont worry....just look at the posters who start these threads...they have "history" shall we say ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They have dont worry....just look at the posters who start these threads...they have "history" shall we say ;)

I think everybody knows who it is. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Adcm wrote: »
    I think everybody knows who it is. :p

there are 5 i know and they have marketed themselves that way :rolleyes:
  • Options
    abarthmanabarthman Posts: 8,501
    Forum Member
    GaGa takes her influences from the zeigeist, gives it her own spin and gives back to the zeigeist.
    So that means she copies everyone who is popular, then?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    there are 5 i know and they have marketed themselves that way :rolleyes:

'Marketed' :D:D:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was more up for stopping if u seek amy from starting threads and posting in the forum with her deluded gagaism which I shed from myself a while ago but yanno...

Who am I to declare such things?

Nobody is innocent, all these pop **** imitate, recreate and copy. Nothing is original anymore so just kick back and judge the music. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Califa wrote: »
    I was more up for stopping if u seek amy from starting threads and posting in the forum with her deluded gagaism which I shed from myself a while ago but yanno...

Who am I to declare such things?

Nobody is innocent, all these pop **** imitate, recreate and copy. Nothing is original anymore so just kick back and judge the music. :)

YES! I don't care who does it first, if I like then I like it.
  • Options
    If_U_Seek_AmyIf_U_Seek_Amy Posts: 3,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    abarthman wrote: »
    So that means she copies everyone who is popular, then?

Honey you need to get your library card and educate yourself on pop culture.

GaGa has contributed moreto the zeitgeist than she's taken. Think of the many phrases that have infiltrated into everyday life because of GaGa; Bad Romance, Poker Face, Little Monsters, Meat Dress, Mother Monster, GaGa...just to name a few!
  • Options
    BobbyMcGeeBobbyMcGee Posts: 534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Go to sleep.
  • Options
    sunrisegirlsunrisegirl Posts: 302
    Forum Member
    If people think this will just drop, then think again. Just need to look what Gaga's producer wrote on twitter about Madanna and the names he called her.
  • Options
    soapdoctorsoapdoctor Posts: 3,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Without the words 'Meat Dress' life wouldn't be complete!

end/sarcasm.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gaga is shit.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is the internet, no argument is ever ended 'finally, once and for all'.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone who claims GaGa steals from other artist does not "get" what GaGa is about.

She may not say in exactly that moment in time that her hat was inspired by so and so and her dress was designed by so and so and was referencing such and such and her shoes symbolise this or that. Because that would be inane and tawdry.

What she does is she allows her audience to make their own mind about her art, be it her fashions choices, music videos, song lyrics, performances and bring their own experiances to works of art.

And anyone she has taken influence from does get credited in one way or another, be it in an award show speech, interview or even in a song, she makes sure that everyone who has ever influenced her work gets credited in some way along the line.

And however much she takes from the zeitgeist she puts alot more back in, I don't think we've ever seen an artist contribute more to the zeitgeist!

To be fair to the OP this is one of her more reasoned posts (apart from the last bit). She admits that Lady Gaga is influenced by other people, and lets face it any one who is influenced by someone copies them in some way.

As for the bit about zeitgeist, sounds like she has just discovered a new word!
  • Options
    afcbfanafcbfan Posts: 7,162
    Forum Member
    OP: are you really a Lady GaGa fan, or are you just parodying her more, shall we say...enthusiastic followers.

'Cos if you are it's hysterical!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GaGa has contributed moreto the zeitgeist than she's taken. Think of the many phrases that have infiltrated into everyday life because of GaGa; Bad Romance, Poker Face, Little Monsters, Meat Dress, Mother Monster, GaGa...just to name a few!

Having a poker face has been in the lexicon for many many years!

Meat dress is used as a mocking term for her strange dress sense

Little Monsters/Mother Monsters only used by fans, I dn't think I have ever heard a non fan say these except in mockery. It wouldn't surprise me if in a few years Lady Gaga tries to distance herself from these phraes

Bad Romance is just a song title and people have been having bad romances for generations!

She is certainly not shakespeare!
  • Options
    jadebutterfly96jadebutterfly96 Posts: 1,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair to the OP this is one of her more reasoned posts (apart from the last bit). She admits that Lady Gaga is influenced by other people, and lets face it any one who is influenced by someone copies them in some way.

:DI've noticed that it is a much abused word by the OP.:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

GaGa has contributed moreto the than she's taken. Think of the many phrases that have infiltrated into everyday life because of GaGa; Bad Romance, Poker Face, Little Monsters, Meat Dress, Mother Monster, GaGa...just to name a few!

LOL-are you for real? Mind you I did here someone the other day calling next door's children a little monster's so that must be it then.I haven't seen anyone wearing a meat dress, but I did hear a girl say on the tube that someone she works with dresses like a pig?

Yes quite. And if we take it the context that it is meant, I would say that the mainstream music industry (ie the chart's)-well lets call it the mainstream because it only appeals to the minority in real terms, must be the most culturally bankrupt period in its 50 year plus history if meat dresses and being a 'poker face' is the best that can now be offered?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    when she stops being delusional that everything she does is her "original creation" maybe
  • Options
    Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member

lol. I've never heard anybody use any of those phrases before. If you're looking for someone who's popularized lots of slang terms and phrases in everyday life, maybe someone like Jay-Z is a better example of that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please don't throw the word zeitgeist around. Hegel wouldn't have liked that.