Options

Natalie no family on It Takes Two VT?

12346»

Comments

• Options
    primerprimer Posts: 6,370
    Forum Member
    Tommo781 wrote: »
    That doesn't mean her Mum is able to appear in a VT does it???

i didn't say it did - i was attempting to alleviate your apparent distress at imagining she has no relatives at all...

(I repeat MAYBE SHE DOESN'T HAVE ANY! You don't know, and it is cruel to assume and make comment about something you have no knowledge of.)
  • Options
    Sally Mander2Sally Mander2 Posts: 354
    Forum Member
    I think this thread gives an insight into the demos, the hoi polloi, the plebeians. It is why we have an elite. Even when answers are given they ignore and continue asserting and developing their own opinions. It is postmodernism for the demos. Divided and ruled over.

It was said that religion was the opium of the people (demos), but with the raising of standards of living and the middle-classation of the populace, religious influence has dwindled to be replaced by the cult of celebrity etc.
  • Options
    googlebabygooglebaby Posts: 397
    Forum Member
    In one of the Burnley (Nat's hometown) papers, she is quoted as saying she will spend Christmas in London with her mum and family. So she has some family. Perhaps they don't want to be part of the media circus.
  • Options
    yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    googlebaby wrote: »
    In one of the Burnley (Nat's hometown) papers, she is quoted as saying she will spend Christmas in London with her mum and family. So she has some family. Perhaps they don't want to be part of the media circus.

Yes, that's where I read it too.:)
  • Options
    Bus Stop2012Bus Stop2012 Posts: 5,624
    Forum Member
    I think this thread gives an insight into the demos, the hoi polloi, the plebeians. It is why we have an elite. Even when answers are given they ignore and continue asserting and developing their own opinions. It is postmodernism for the demos. Divided and ruled over.

It was said that religion was the opium of the people (demos), but with the raising of standards of living and the middle-classation of the populace, religious influence has dwindled to be replaced by the cult of celebrity etc.

Is this a serious post ???????????????????????????????????

:confused::o:D:p
  • Options
    MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well, it's illicited (sic) a response from you.:D
  • Options
    Sally Mander2Sally Mander2 Posts: 354
    Forum Member

I'm in the Dance Off with Karl Marx and Jean-Paul Sartre :(. Wish me luck :p
  • Options
    MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    Woah, I cannot believe how much this thread spiraled into something that I really did not intend.

I really like Natalie, she was one of my favourites in the show and I especially like her as an actress. I was simply wondering if there was any particular reason why her family didn't appear. Just a simple thought that prompted a simple question, that is all.
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    googlebaby wrote: »

She has an older brother.
  • Options
    Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    Well, so many celebs on Strictly have had messages from grandmums and parents so it was odd that Natalie only had friends wishing her well for the Final. Obviously, it is her choice to include her family or not but it is normal for the celebs to have some members of their families on ITT or on VT. I like it, I was not a great admirer of Abbey but she grew on me and I thought her mother was beautiful.
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, so many celebs on Strictly have had messages from grandmums and parents so it was odd that Natalie only had friends wishing her well for the Final. Obviously, it is her choice to include her family or not but it is normal for the celebs to have some members of their families on ITT or on VT. I like it, I was not a great admirer of Abbey but she grew on me and I thought her mother was beautiful.

If they were at the final then perhaps they used that old fashioned method of speaking direct to her, if not then they have spoken on the telephone. Not everyone feels they must broadcast their feelings to the worlds on Twitter.
  • Options
    holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who cares? I don't think many people are influenced by VTs at this stage (I suspect we just use them to confirm existing prejudices) and I found Natalie's refreshing.

The only thing I now remember about any of them was how gorgeous Abbey's mother and grandmother looked!
  • Options
    MrEdgarFinchleyMrEdgarFinchley Posts: 513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lundavra wrote: »
    If they were at the final then perhaps they used that old fashioned method of speaking direct to her, if not then they have spoken on the telephone. Not everyone feels they must broadcast their feelings to the worlds on Twitter.

I think that Nat's brother gives Nat plenty of support on Twitter!
  • Options
    EspressoEspresso Posts: 18,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As we now know her father is dead, that's why he wasn't there. Maybe her mother and brother are not well enough to appear on television. Maybe her brother is a big cheese in MI5. Maybe he works abroad. Maybe he's in prison. Maybe both of them are not remotely interested in being on telly, even though they love Natalie very much. Maybe they're all estranged.
    Maybe lots of things - None of which are any of our business, though, really.
  • Options
    wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gawd help any poor beggar who goes on SCD or any other reality show and for whatever reason doesn't have doting relatives who they can or want to trot out.

It's the thin end of the same wedge that always depicts the bad guys on the cop show as the inevitable product of a dysfunctional upbringing. ;)