Options

Daniel praying

BoselectaBoselecta Posts: 1,640
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Was he seeking divine help or shamelessly seeking to remind Lord Sugar that he's a "chosen person"? Nothing wrong with having faith of course but bit weird how it was all bubbling up last night after seemingly being kept personal/discreet thus far.
Have no idea what he was up to when he started moving his ear up and down though......!

Comments

• Options
    Millie MuppetMillie Muppet Posts: 6,853
    Forum Member
    SO melodramatic and obviously done for effect.

Unlike anything else in this series of course.

:p
  • Options
    boab34boab34 Posts: 1,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was a Jewish way of praying?:confused:
  • Options
    Fireball XL5Fireball XL5 Posts: 1,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are many different Jewish denominations and approaches to their religion but I've never seen that style of praying before - perhaps a Jewish forum member could enlighten us? Has Daniel suddenly turned Orthodox?

It seems odd and inappropriate to do it so overtly in that situation, no matter how religious he is. It would be like a Muslim suddenly prostrating themselves to Allah, or a Catholic making the sign of the cross and saying a Hail Mary. Not really what you do in a business context.
  • Options
    grazemytvaddictgrazemytvaddict Posts: 4,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are many different Jewish denominations and approaches to their religion but I've never seen that style of praying before - perhaps a Jewish forum member could enlighten us? Has Daniel suddenly turned Orthodox?

It seems odd and inappropriate to do it so overtly in that situation, no matter how religious he is. It would be like a Muslim suddenly prostrating themselves to Allah, or a Catholic making the sign of the cross and saying a Hail Mary. Not really what you do in a business context.
    It didn't look like any kind of a Jewish prayer to me it looked like a cross.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^^ That's true actually, it did look like he was crossing himself, which made it all the more puzzling given his heritage.
  • Options
    fizzycatfizzycat Posts: 6,120
    Forum Member
    It didn't look like any kind of a Jewish prayer to me it looked like a cross.

That's what I thought - it looked as though he was making the sign of the cross but a very small one that just included his face.
  • Options
    SquatchSquatch Posts: 781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It did look a bit like doing that cross thing that Christians do. And there is nothing to stop Daniel being a Christian - he may only be racially Jewish.

However when I looked close up he looked like he was doing some OCD superstitious thing of repeatedly touching between his forehead and nose, not in the shape of a cross.
  • Options
    ClackersClackers Posts: 628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am just happy Sugar didn't pick up on the fact that Daniel is a Pub Quiz Owner in his day job. :p With those questions last night for the game, he would needed more than divine intervention to prevent a firing. :D
  • Options
    sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clackers wrote: »
    I am just happy Sugar didn't pick up on the fact that Daniel is a Pub Quiz Owner in his day job. :p With those questions last night for the game, he would needed more than divine intervention to prevent a firing. :D

You couldn't make it up could you? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clackers wrote: »

Haha, very true. The odd thing is - why didn't Sugar or anyone else pick up on it? It would be perfect for his laborious one liners. Perhaps Daniel's prayers worked after all!
  • Options
    george.millmangeorge.millman Posts: 8,628
    Forum Member
    In fairness, just because Daniel runs pub quizzes doesn't necessarily mean that he actually writes the questions himself. And even if he does, they'll be on general knowledge, not relationship advice. Not many people could write those sorts of questions especially well.
  • Options
    The RhydlerThe Rhydler Posts: 4,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In fairness, just because Daniel runs pub quizzes doesn't necessarily mean that he actually writes the questions himself. And even if he does, they'll be on general knowledge, not relationship advice. Not many people could write those sorts of questions especially well.

Spot on

Has Daniel stated he is jewish anyway? Maybe he's only half?
  • Options
    patricia50patricia50 Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It was a terrible product from the start so to be fair I don't think anyone would have made a good job of those questions.
  • Options
    boab34boab34 Posts: 1,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spot on

Has Daniel stated he is jewish anyway? Maybe he's only half?

the Jewish News says he's jewish (+ Ella)

http://www.jewishnews.co.uk/apprentice-back-meet-lord-sugars-two-kosher-hopefuls/
  • Options
    CrazyeyeskillerCrazyeyeskiller Posts: 4,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Really? What low expectations........I would have thought a 12 yr old could write more intelligent and less offenisve qustions than dopey deluded Dan managed.
  • Options
    george.millmangeorge.millman Posts: 8,628
    Forum Member
    Really? What low expectations........I would have thought a 12 yr old could write more intelligent and less offenisve qustions than dopey deluded Dan managed.

I don't think it's very possible to write questions about men and women within relationships that aren't going to resort to a load of offensive stereotypes.
  • Options
    sausagesandwichsausagesandwich Posts: 2,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

(As one Jewish by birth, though not by practice) Jews don't make any particular hand movements when praying (though my aunt used to make some strange movements before lighting the candles on a Friday night to celebrate the start of the Sabbath).
    However I often see Catholic footballers crossing themselves when coming onto the pitch or taking penalties so it clearly is not inappropriate for that religion. Muslims will often say "God willing" after an definite statement to indicate that nothing is certain unless God decides but I don't think there is any need for a hand gesture.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Credit where it's due - ostentatiously performing a Jewish ritual is a more original way of ingratiating yourself than the old "I'm just like you when you woz fifteen, Lord Sugar".