zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,780
Forum Member
✭✭✭
This show is getting beyond a joke now with everyday citizens allowed to enter

Comments

• erin_perin_p Posts: 25,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jake Quickenden and Edwina Currie have joined the I’m A Celebrity 2014 line up and will enter the camp today.

For this year’s X Factor contestant Jake Quickenden, who was booted out of the ITV series only last month, going into the jungle is a dream come true.

Readily admitting he hasn’t stopped grinning since he was asked to go on I’m A Celebrity, the 26-year-old singer says he has to keep pinching himself that he is joining other celebrities around the campfire.

“Things like this don’t happen to me,” he says. “I am just a normal bloke.

“I said yes straight away. It is such an amazing show. I used to watch it with my older brother and we both said we’d love to do it one day. It’s a real adventure and it is going to be so much fun.

“I am going to take this opportunity with both hands. I want to relish everything that is thrown at me. I actually haven’t stopped grinning since I got offered this.”

He bursts out laughing before adding: “And I will look forward to getting my teeth into everything – but who knows what I am getting my teeth into?!”

Leaving the luxuries of the X Factor house behind to live simply in the jungle with nothing but a hammock as a bed will not be too problematic for Jake.

Says the singer: “The difference between the X Factor house and the jungle is really extreme but I love chatting to people and listening to people.

“It is such a shock when you leave the X Factor house and so it will be nice to be around people again. I can’t wait!”

Jake will be joined in the camp by former MP Edwina Currie.

Famous for her sharp tongue and as former Conservative, Edwina has promised to pull no punches with her fellow celebrities.

Pledging to stir up mischief if she sees fit, the tough talking ex-Junior Health Minister admits she will also have no qualms giving her fellow campers a telling off if they are being very annoying.

And asked if she saw her role in the camp as a motherly figure, the 68-year-old, who has two daughters, smiles as she declares: “That’s not my national reputation!

“If I hear someone talking complete bo**ocks, then I will probably say so. I am a Scouser and there is no such thing as a meek Scouser.

“I will quite possibly tell them if they are annoying me too. Or you can pull a face or a gesture. It really does depend what they are doing. I will only get cross with those who don’t try. If you sign up to do something like this show, then you have to do your best. If anyone is pulling a fast one or letting the side down, then they might get a tongue-lashing. On the other hand, if they are really upset, I hope I am sympathetic.”

I’m A Celebrity 2014 continues tonight on ITV.

Read more: http://tellymix.co.uk/reality-tv/im-a-celebrity/203611-im-a-celebrity-2014-contestants-jake-quickenden-edwina-currie-join-camp.html#ixzz3JYxJTH00
    Follow us: @tellymix on Twitter | tellymix on Facebook
  • HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scraping the barrel with someone obviously not popular to get booted out of XF this early. Nice work if you can get it.
  • H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah definitely scraping the barrel with Jake, but some nice eye candy.
  • CallousCallous Posts: 11,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The thing I don't get in regards to Jake...is why him out of all the X Factor contestants? There have been far bigger X Factor characters in the past who would seem like far better signings.

I mean if it had been Katie Waisell, Kitty Brucknell, Ruth Lorenzo, Wagner,Johnny Robinson ..or even Eoghan Quigg ...I could understand it in their respective years (or even now)..and certainly finalists or winners ..

..but Jake seems such an odd throwaway choice.
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Callous wrote: »
    The thing I don't get in regards to Jake...is why him out of all the X Factor contestants? .There have been far bigger X Factor/characters in the past who would seem like far better signings.

I mean if it had been Katie Waisell, Kitty Brucknell, Ruth Lorenzo, Wagner,Johnny Robinson ..or even Eoghan Quigg ...I could understand it in their respective years (or even now)..and certainly finalists or winners ..

..but Jake seems such an odd choice.

Yep, it's completely gone over my head too. Even if you were going to pick one already voted out from this year then you wouldn't go to him. I'm guessing it's because he's supposedly so attractive (don't really get it myself) because it's nothing to do with his personality.
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unless Edwina has mellowed, she'll cause trouble. She will not be able to keep her almighty gob shut.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jake Quickenden????

Never even heard of him.
    From a post above it appears that he was recently eliminated from The X Factor.
    As said above, they appear to be qualifying members of the public as celebrities now.

It won't be long until these reality shows will be populated by people who've recently been on TV gameshows like The Chase, or Pointless.
  • FiercelyHipFiercelyHip Posts: 3,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jake has quite a few connections in TV so wouldn't be surprised if one of those connections happens to be an I'm a Celeb producer.
  • Cassie..Cassie.. Posts: 3,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was on the news once. I best get an agent and hope I can get on next years show :)
  • doctorwhofancaldoctorwhofancal Posts: 24,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been an extra on tv shows and a main on a CBBC show- where's my invite?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Callous wrote: »
    The thing I don't get in regards to Jake...is why him out of all the X Factor contestants? There have been far bigger X Factor characters in the past who would seem like far better signings.

..but Jake seems such an odd throwaway choice.

I am not watching X Factor but I am aware of some of the finalists. I agree with this re big characters as I told my sister who watches X Factor that he had gone in the jungle, she couldn't remember who he was, she had to google him! I think that spoke volumes. :D
  • KarisKaris Posts: 6,380
    Forum Member
    I think people are being mean. There have been far FAR lesser 'celebrities' than Jake going on reality tv over the years. I think he's a pretty good signing.

Someone somewhere wants to give him a go and I think he deserves this chance in the limelight. Seems like a nice guy and some serious eye candy as well!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just googled him, does nothing for me at all though I am sure we are in for a jungle showmance, oh the joys.
  • EvannahEvannah Posts: 1,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cassie.. wrote: »
    I was on the news once. I best get an agent and hope I can get on next years show :)

Me too! I was in the background haha. Jungle, here I come!
  • daicolldaicoll Posts: 434
    Forum Member
    I really hope Jimmy just winds Edwina up all the time. An angry Edwina is not a nice person... lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Edwina should be a good value for money Junglemate. :)
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,102
    Forum Member
    I've been an extra on tv shows and a main on a CBBC show- where's my invite?

You're 14 ;)

I've been on I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here Now and I'm from Essex and I could probably do with the jungle diet.

I'm Gemma's natural replacement
  • lucy manelucy mane Posts: 10,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No doubt the producers have told Jake to flirt with Nadia. Watch this space.
  • MaccaMacca Posts: 18,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lucy mane wrote: »
    No doubt the producers have told Jake to flirt with Nadia. Watch this space.

Or Michael with Edwina :o:D
  • slappers r usslappers r us Posts: 56,131
    Forum Member
    Edwina = value for money as proved just by her past and in other reality shows

Jake = a wannabe fame ****, I could understand him wanting to be on the Xfactor but what the hell has IAC got to do with singing
    There must have been at least one proper celeb that was avalible rather than him, all the young girlies will be wetting themselves over him and he will go far with just that vote
  • kaz80kaz80 Posts: 1,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jake Quickenden????

Never even heard of him.
    From a post above it appears that he was recently eliminated from The X Factor.
    As said above, they appear to be qualifying members of the public as celebrities now.

It won't be long until these reality shows will be populated by people who've recently been on TV gameshows like The Chase, or Pointless.

he has also been a tv presenter on The Chart Show for last 2 years. OK you will have to watch music channels to know this, but i do:D
  • jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,062
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Edwina Currie please please can the viewing public please give her a eating task, I would love nothing more than seeing her have to eat, Cock and Balls and definitely a fermented egg.
  • elizadooolittleelizadooolittle Posts: 1,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never heard of him and, from what I read, he's not even Z List. I thought ITV could do better than that! As for Edwina, I could have sworn she'd been on before :/
  • zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never heard of him and, from what I read, he's not even Z List. I thought ITV could do better than that! As for Edwina, I could have sworn she'd been on before :/

Your thinking of esther rantzen
  • yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,527
    Forum Member
    Whilst I appreciate other XF acts have gone into reality tv shows... Jake was the fullest act in thie years show and one of the most forgettable - the reason for his inclusion is odd IMO.

I'm sure he'll do well though, similarly I expect Edwina to do well as well in an eccentric way. Seeing as 2 big characters are gone, I think she is possibly going to be key to some light hearted moments