Options

Andrea and Ben splitting the votes?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,795
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Do you guys think that Andrea and Ben will have a harder time amassing votes since many people could be voting for both of them, thus giving each of them half the votes? It occurred to me at the weekend before the results on Sunday so when Andrea ended up in the bottom it made me think the possibility is even more likely.

Comments

• Options
    Kenneth_ChowKenneth_Chow Posts: 3,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More like Ben stealing Andrea's votes...
  • Options
    Dannyb01yDannyb01y Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    I don't know. I do think that's why Simon targeted each of the guys in succession to helps Ben's chances.

I think Andrea might receive more votes from Nans where as Ben would get them from Mums and younger females. I'm guessing of course but I don't see Andrea as a sex symbol for tweenie girls.
  • Options
    MummyNutNutMummyNutNut Posts: 778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well this is exactly what I'm doing I normally give 3 for Andrea and 2 for Ben
  • Options
    karenc3karenc3 Posts: 99
    Forum Member
    I doubt if they are splitting the vote, because they are both totally different types of singers and would likely have a different audience.
  • Options
    Toffee_AppleToffee_Apple Posts: 358
    Forum Member
    Not sure. Ben is my favourite and Andrea is my least favourite but I don't know about anyone else.
  • Options
    hannahhannah Posts: 13,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Disagree I dont think they are I think Andrea appeals more to older demographic whereas Ben appeals to both the older and younger demographic.

Im surprised actually with Ben because on twitter there are a lot of young girls who love him. I didnt expect young girls to like him I thought he just appeals to just older women.
  • Options
    CelticMythCelticMyth Posts: 3,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd say Lauren and Fleur splitting the vote is more likely. The voters have never been that capable of voting for more than one female singer per series in the past (apart from the weird series 8).
  • Options
    lewismacflewismacf Posts: 14,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ben to win
  • Options
    dia6olodia6olo Posts: 1,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    karenc3 wrote: »
    I doubt if they are splitting the vote, because they are both totally different types of singers and would likely have a different audience.

That's the problem, how many vote on the singers ability...
  • Options
    GibsonSGGibsonSG Posts: 23,681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I predict that the two favourites will be in the bottom this week, by which I mean Fleur and Andrea. Andrea will go.
  • Options
    Arthur_BArthur_B Posts: 3,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope Ben vs Stereo Kicks is the bottom 2. Although even Simon would probably send Ben home>:(

Basically, I just want Stereo Kicks out :D
  • Options
    Donna65Donna65 Posts: 1,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dannyb01y wrote: »
    I don't know. I do think that's why Simon targeted each of the guys in succession to helps Ben's chances.

I think Andrea might receive more votes from Nans where as Ben would get them from Mums and younger females. I'm guessing of course but I don't see Andrea as a sex symbol for tweenie girls.

Not right in our household, I'm afraid. I'm 49 and love Andrea and my daughter is 18 and so does she. She is the one who votes for him several times every week. My mum is 71, doesn't like Andrea, but does like Ben!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GibsonSG wrote: »
    I predict that the two favourites will be in the bottom this week, by which I mean Fleur and Andrea. Andrea will go.

Nah Andrea will get the bounce back vote. Which makes me worried for Ben if they are splitting the vote (personally they are for me)
  • Options
    ucra girlucra girl Posts: 19,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ben and Andrea are spliting votes so are Fleur and Lauren.Who benefits? Stereo Kicks!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Arthur_B wrote: »
    I really hope Ben vs Stereo Kicks is the bottom 2. Although even Simon would probably send Ben home>:(

Basically, I just want Stereo Kicks out :D

Only if the votes dont split between other contestants.Stereo Kicks are the only act without a vote split.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unless XFactor fans do target voting like on Big Brother,the vote is going to split.I dont see the voting organisation on XFactor that exists on BB.I do take part in this targetting lol.

Ben and Andrea are more at risk of splitting the vote.
  • Options
    Kaz159Kaz159 Posts: 11,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All my votes go Ben's way. I'm not keen on Andrea.
  • Options
    IsItThatDeepIsItThatDeep Posts: 1,755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kaz159 wrote: »

This is me too, they are totally different ends of the spectrum, Andrea does nothing for me musically.
  • Options
    dia6olodia6olo Posts: 1,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

All mine go to Andrea though I don't mind Ben. :D
  • Options
    hilduffluvahilduffluva Posts: 3,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think both Ben and Fleur are starting to get Andrea's votes people online from what i have seen have started to get bored of him, same thing week in week out!
  • Options
    lady*taralady*tara Posts: 19,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    More like Ben stealing Andrea's votes...
    no chance ben only gets our votes none for Andrea imo he is soooo overated
  • Options
    cardiff boyocardiff boyo Posts: 3,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andrea bores me whilst Ben hurts my ears. The only way they would spilt my vote would be if it was a vote to evict
  • Options
    AmusedmooseAmusedmoose Posts: 1,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you guys think that Andrea and Ben will have a harder time amassing votes since many people could be voting for both of them, thus giving each of them half the votes? It occurred to me at the weekend before the results on Sunday so when Andrea ended up in the bottom it made me think the possibility is even more likely.

They're quite different so I really don't think so. Ben has been the ultimate underdog throughout the whole show, it could really work in his favor, people have always been aware they need to vote for him. I really think he's the least talked about contestant on this board, not that it's a particularly good indicator.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure. Ben is my favourite and Andrea is my least favourite but I don't know about anyone else.

Same with me. I haven't voted at all this year but if I did it would be for Ben. If he went, Fleur would be my next favourite and Andrea is definitely my least favourite and has been since day 1
  • Options
    CranberryappleCranberryapple Posts: 12,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Same here :)

Me too:)