Nigel Farage's golden boy's rant at 'p******s', 'Chigwell Peasants' and 'C***** bird'

Comments

• trevgotrevgo Posts: 28,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ethel_Fred wrote: »
    The folk of Basildon are homophobic racists?

By the prissy standards of the politically correct liberalista, many probably are. His language would probably be considered somewhat "affected" in many a Basildon pub.

As a gay guy, I would still feel safer coming out of a gay pub in Basildon than Bethnal Green.
  • BanglaRoadBanglaRoad Posts: 57,561
    Forum Member
    http://order-order.com/2014/12/15/mystery-of-who-taped-ukip-race-row-phone-call/
    Interesting looking at the comments on this Guido post. UKIP supporters seem more interested in punishing the people who leaked the phone call than criticising the content of the phone call. Maybe that says a lot about them.

Have said it before many times that if you scratch the surface of UKIP there is something rather unpleasant just under the outward skin.
    UKIP are running short of funds and potential donors may well keep their money in their pockets rather than donate to this shower of gaffe ridden clowns.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bokonon wrote: »
    Can't wait to read the manifesto.
    Free pull-out section in the Daily Star on May 10th due to a cock-up by the UKIP office cat.
    Still, the Morrisons vouchers will still be valid for a few more days ;-)
  • jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,564
    Forum Member
    trevgo wrote: »
    By the prissy standards of the politically correct liberalista, many probably are. His language would probably be considered somewhat "affected" in many a Basildon pub.

You're gay and you think opposing homophobia and racism is "prissy"? :confused:
  • BoyardBoyard Posts: 5,393
    Forum Member
    Aftershow wrote: »
    You've changed your tune...

I had time to think about the comments yesterday and decided they were unacceptable upon reflection.
    The BNP defectors whose priority is being allowed to get rid of all the bloody foreigners, and if that is not possible at least be given free rein to insult whichever minority they bloody well choose, thank you very much.

There are no "BNP defectors" They have a ban on ex BNP members joining the party, unlike the other parties who have ex members in the ranks
  • BanglaRoadBanglaRoad Posts: 57,561
    Forum Member
    Boyard wrote: »
    I had time to think about the comments yesterday and decided they were unacceptable upon reflection.

There are no "BNP defectors" They have a ban on ex BNP members joining the party, unlike the other parties who have ex members in the ranks

A ban they do not enforce. Merely window dressing so they can point to it and say "Oh look what an anti racist lot we are"
  • bokononbokonon Posts: 2,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Boyard wrote: »

I meant voters defecting from the BNP but as you raise the issue there are of course senior UKIP figures with very close links to the BNP:

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/thanet/news/ukip-candidate-martyn-heale-will-a53374/

I guess 'ban' must mean something different in UKIP-land.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jjwales wrote: »
    You're gay and you think opposing homophobia and racism is "prissy"? :confused:

Depends on what you consider "homophobia". If he'd kicked his gay son out of the house and campaigned to get "Colours" closed down, then I would consider him a homophobe. Simply using the word "pooftah" - I don't. I used it myself sometimes.

You need to appreciate that not everyone has the wafer thin skin that bedevils the lefty liberals.
  • jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,564
    Forum Member
    Depends on what you consider "homophobia". If he'd kicked his gay son out of the house and campaigned to get "Colours" closed down, then I would consider him a homophobe. Simply using the word "pooftah" - I don't..
    He went a lot further than that, and that word is most certainly a homophobic expression.
    I used it myself sometimes.
    But presumably you didn't use it in a homophobic way.
    You need to appreciate that not everyone has the wafer thin skin that bedevils the lefty liberals.
    Astonishing that a gay guy has no problem with this kind of blatant homophobia.
  • GreatGodPanGreatGodPan Posts: 53,186
    Forum Member
    Depends on what you consider "homophobia". If he'd kicked his gay son out of the house and campaigned to get "Colours" closed down, then I would consider him a homophobe. Simply using the word "pooftah" - I don't. I used it myself sometimes.

So presumably you don't mind people on here calling you that? :confused:

Really?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So presumably you don't mind people on here calling you that? :confused:

Really?

Wouldn't remotely bother me. The mods would probably get more ruffled than I.
  • bokononbokonon Posts: 2,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wouldn't remotely bother me. The mods would probably get more ruffled than I.

Good for you then.

But rather than adopting a tone of self-satisfied complacency it might be worth sparing a thought for all the gay kids being bullied at school and wondering what will happen to them when they come out.

Not to mention adult LGBT people who suffer harassment or bullying at work because of their sexuality.

Or people all around the world who are killed because of their sexuality.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good for you then.

But rather than adopting a tone of self-satisfied complacency it might be worth sparing a thought for all the gay kids being bullied at school and wondering what will happen to them when they come out.

Not to mention adult LGBT people who suffer harassment or bullying at work because of their sexuality.

Or people all around the world who are killed because of their sexuality.

Beam me up Scotty.

Of COURSE I'm concerned about all of that. I grew up gay in the 70s and went to the roughest school you can possibly imagine. Of COURSE I'm concerned about kids being bullied at school. Of COURSE I'm concerned about the appalling treatment of gay people in a good many countries.

That is the very reason I am NOT overly concerned that an unsophisticated person in Basildon referred to "pooftahs".

There is an exquisite irony in all this. The lefty authoritarians who are outraged by this pernicious attack on homosexuals from someone who would put themselves up for election to the House of Commons are the very same people who will go to the very extremity of a limb to defend Muslims, who in most cases are a far greater threat to the continuing improvement for gay people in this country than a rather rough and ready Essex bloke.
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beam me up Scotty.

Of COURSE I'm concerned about all of that. I grew up gay in the 70s and went to the roughest school you can possibly imagine. Of COURSE I'm concerned about kids being bullied at school. Of COURSE I'm concerned about the appalling treatment of gay people in a good many countries.

That is the very reason I am NOT overly concerned that an unsophisticated person in Basildon referred to "pooftahs".

There is an exquisite irony in all this. The lefty authoritarians who are outraged by this pernicious attack on homosexuals from someone who would put themselves up for election to the House of Commons are the very same people who will go to the very extremity of a limb to defend Muslims, who in most cases are a far greater threat to the continuing improvement for gay people in this country than a rather rough and ready Essex bloke.

Very well said.
  • wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Beam me up Scotty.

I would have thought homophobia was homophobia no matter its origins or the language used, but not being gay maybe it's none of my business eh?
  • HieronymousHieronymous Posts: 7,284
    Forum Member
    So who taped this, presumably private, conversation apparently from TWO YEARS AGO?

And why?

And who leaked it to the media?

And why?

Oh! And who was that guy who scored a load of goals for Chelsea a few years ago?

Kerry something wasn't it?

This not justifying Smith's comments but I don't see that two wrongs make a right.

Additionally I haven't heard the conversation but it would be interesting to hear in just what context they were said.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blimey, what sort of sedatives was this guy on?
  • Pat_SmithPat_Smith Posts: 2,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BIB - come off it. it's been a slow leak of nonsense for years.

As to 'dealing with it as well as they could' and 'textbook job'; how does that match with them sitting on the tapes for a while then and allowing him to be selected when they already knew this.

Rather than drop him and not allow someone who is a liability stand, they tried to hide it. Just like they accuse the other parties of doing. Textbook car crash.

I was referring to the three nonsense stories this week, before this one emerged. Yes, there has been much of the same previously, all without substance. This was the first actual iffy moment. I presume you don't dispute this?

I don't know of any internal shenanigans. When the matter hit the press, they dealt with it as well as anyone could. Personally, I gave them a few days to ditch him - you'll have read that in my I think second post on the matter. They actually did it within 24 hours. This was a textbook nip-it-in-the-bud job, the absolute reverse of a car crash. When they knew what, and why they did or didn't do anything before the matter came to light, you know as much as me, ie. nothing. On the basis of the facts we know, not speculation, this was a textbook clean break.

Labour and Tories must be fuming.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BanglaRoad wrote: »
    How about all the other seats UKIP are standing in? Maybe you think they won't lose a single vote in them either.

As long as you deal cleanly with an issue, there should be no subsequent baggage.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wazzyboy wrote: »
    I would have thought homophobia was homophobia no matter its origins or the language used, but not being gay maybe it's none of my business eh?

Only in as much as a clip around the ear is violence, as it the bludgeoning with half a breeze block.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only in as much as a clip around the ear is violence, as it the bludgeoning with half a breeze block.

So to be clear, you've an issue with both?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wazzyboy wrote: »
    So to be clear, you've an issue with both?

A far greater issue with one than the other.

It's as concept known as "relative concern".
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A far greater issue with one than the other.

It's as concept known as "relative concern".

That's great that, thanks, absolutely never heard of that before, of course...obviously nothing to do with not being clear where you stood on the former, notwithstanding the latter....

So moving on, what about the rest of what the fella said?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL. I'm starting to wonder if the Professional Outragers on the left aren't foaming at the mouth in oh so faux outrage rather more than the people the presumed sleight is focussed on.

A gay bloke I knew, granted a while back in the late 80s, referred to himself as a "poof". Is "poof" less offensive than "poofter"? Both may be actually relatively inoffensive. It seems that black Americans routinely refer to each other as "ni**er". If the word is so bad, why in the world would they use it on themselves?

Mexicans youngsters call each other all manner of stuff, "gay", "asshole" and the like, in general conversation. Noone is remotely offended.

And let's not forget that a few short years ago it was getting to the point that the word "immigrant" was toxic. Now, it's trendy. :)

I think an influential branch of our society has steadily sought to erode away our language to the point we can barely speak without panicking over who's going to start exploding in fake rage. Maybe that particular tide is turning.
  • AftershowAftershow Posts: 10,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pat_Smith wrote: »
    I think an influential branch of our society has steadily sought to erode away our language to the point we can barely speak without panicking over who's going to start exploding in fake rage.

I can't say that's a problem i've found myself facing, but then I don't feel the need to use offensive words and phrases in a derogatory fashion towards minorities.