Signing out of Skype on an iPad

tdensontdenson Posts: 5,773
Forum Member
I must say I find Skype on of the most frustrating and confusing applications there is. A totally different and non-inutitve UI on every platform, even the iPhone and iPad are utterly different..
I am trying to help a friend setup an iPad with Skype. She has a primary Skype username but occasionally wants to use another one. The iPhone version of Skype has a sign out function (not easy to find but it is there) however the iPad does not. As far as I can see, the only way you can sign out is to change the Skype setting via the IOS Settings (not in the app like the iPhone version) to be "don't automatically sign in". This is not the same thing, as you cannot set it up so that by default it signs in to the primary account and then just change it on the odd occasion the other username is required. Does anyone know whether there is a way to do this ? She is extremely non techie and I don't want her to have to change the system settings in a non-obvious way to be able to sign out.

A further question is whether there is any way of having two Skype icons on the home screen, one for each username ?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Go to iOS Settings > Skype and untick Sign in Automatically.
    Every time you launch skype you can then enter the login information for the account you choose.

No, you cannot have two separate iterations of Skype existing.
  • tdensontdenson Posts: 5,773
    Forum Member
    lettice wrote: »
    Go to iOS Settings > Skype and untick Sign in Automatically.
    Every time you launch skype you can then enter the login information for the account you choose.
    Thanks for the reply but I'm not sure you read my post as I explained exactly what you just suggested. My point was that it is not the same as logging out manually. I want it to work like the IPhone version where you can have a default username but change it on an odd occasion. The iPad way means you have to log in every single time.
    Forum Member
    Yes you did, sorry missed that.
    There is one other way, once signed into skype, click on your username at the top left and click on profile, you will see a sign out button at the bottom left, this will allow you to sign in with another account.
    Forum Member
    Yes you did, sorry missed that.
    There is one other way, once signed into skype, click on your username at the top left and click on profile, you will see a sign out button at the bottom left, this will allow you to sign in with another account.

Not on mine it doesn't. I am running version 4.17.135 -what is yours ?
    Forum Member
    tdenson wrote: »
    Not on mine it doesn't. I am running version 4.17.135 -what is yours ?

Same, that is the latest.
    Forum Member
    When you are in your profile, you will see an arrow, shown here

Click that to bring up the sign out option.
    Forum Member
    When you are in your profile, you will see an arrow, shown here

Click that to bring up the sign out option.

So it does thanks. Even though it's not terribly obvious, don't know how I missed that.