Celebdaq 2009

Comments

• deebdeeb Posts: 11,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Final PD update before Pay Day was ... (600 -> 664, +9.6%)

http://www.redtide.co.uk/celebdaq/index.html?s=1661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Congratulations to Dannytc who has reason to celebrate with her #5 position in today's Player's Chart :cool:
    (Joined us in March, happily :))

Fantastico !

No medal for DSPM but exceptional circumstances prevail.
    6th is pretty good - Danny assisted by ElCa :cool: :)

---

And 'The Body' is flying quite high (622.79%) :eek: :cool:
    What number next to your "TODAY'S CHART POSITION", Tom?
  • SWW (SWW)SWW (SWW) Posts: 23,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to add my congratulations to Dannnytc... who is having a storing week!

DS players daily growth chart

Top Trader chart

Also congratulations to Gloryk1ns who has had a double handed great week as well! :)

I totally missed the boat this week... or did I? Look out for SWW_too next week...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 103
    Forum Member
    Many Thanks guys, the celebdaq world is all making full sense now to me etc, the way it's all calculated and the way to play a good game etc.

:-) Doubt I'll ever repeat this weeks performance though !

Strong week for many people to seems :-D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well played Danny you've stormed the league all week. :D

I slept in on Monday so didn't trade till lunchtime, was happy to wake up top of the players chart but then realised I had lost 30k on what I had when the chart was calculated so just done above break even that day.

Boyle's performance was a major surprise most new IPO's have struggled to get any decent divi in their first week so I assumed the mechanism took a while to update.
    She was the stand out choice all being equal and achieved a yield % not bettered by many in my time.
    This could be the one and only week she is useful for divi purposes as her price could go skyward very quickly. :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just popped online to check Celebdaq and can't believe my eyes! :eek:

I have to thank Susan Boyle for giving me such a big boost - I sold all of my shares in everybody and just bought as much as I could in her. A pretty smart move, even if I say so myself. :D

#2 in League 1 and #3 in DS Daqqers. I'm rather impressed with myself.

Also got a Dividend pay out of £269137.38, so that explains my climbing up the tables.
    deeb wrote: »
    And 'The Body' is flying quite high (622.79%) :eek: :cool:
    What number next to your "TODAY'S CHART POSITION", Tom?
    Today I'm 277, which is my personal best. :)

I've just bought as many shares as I could in Su-Bo with my dividend pay out, so I'm not sure what'll happen now. I'll probably fall flat on my face, but at least I can say I did well for a day. :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyway... enough about me... how are you all? :)
  • pelicanopelicano Posts: 6,055
    Forum Member
    I have done so badly this week (through laziness!) that I deserve to be unceremoniously slung out of the league!!! :o:o:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 103
    Forum Member
    Su-bo is defo the lady to keep some shares held in.

Im not looking forward to next week, seeings as I'm now just under 2 mill (£1918201.98) they will clear me out on Millionaires day back down to 10k - Oh well its all part of the fun of the game.
  • pelicanopelicano Posts: 6,055
    Forum Member
    Yep, capping for me too, just to make things even worse!! A fresh start is needed I think! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Body wrote: »
    Anyway... enough about me... how are you all? :)
    Constrained to the thread topic as much as possible - but thanks for asking :)
    Today I'm 277, which is my personal best. :)
    Out of 40,000+ registered players, that's mighty :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Boyle's performance was a major surprise [...]
    This could be the one and only week she is useful for divi purposes as her price could go skyward very quickly. :eek:
    Yes, she's under heavy pressure, now.

In the new PD's, she's got double the divi of MatthewM but a considerably lower yield. :o

celebdaq.info
  • ElCantoDelLocoElCantoDelLoco Posts: 6,637
    Forum Member
    tally wrote: »
    :mad: Oh bugger. Initially I put everything into Suse at £1.29p a share, but I panicked at 11.30pm and went halvies with Dev Patel.

Dev who? How stupid could I be. She's the talk of everywhere. Whenever she buys anything it's all over the papers.

MUST TRUST MY INSTINCTS PAH!
    :D I sold her on Monday evening because I decided people wouldn't (couldn't possibly!! :eek:) go on talking about her all week so she'd be no good for dividends :o - bought her back on Tuesday!! :o

I've even had a Spanish friend talking to me about her because she's been on the news a lot there too :eek: - don't think he was too impressed when it turned out he knew more about her than me :o!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just popped online to check Celebdaq and can't believe my eyes! :eek:

I've just bought as many shares as I could in Su-Bo with my dividend pay out, so I'm not sure what'll happen now. I'll probably fall flat on my face, but at least I can say I did well for a day. :p

:( So have I, and I'm holding on to them all next week too. Some I only paid £1.29 for.

:cry: I wish I'd had your courage As I said, I panicked and traded half of her shares just before Monday midnight.

Ah well, probably kneecapped next week so this'll be the last week I hold onto her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just dumped Su-Bo :eek: (shock) for MattM
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just dumped Su-Bo :eek: (shock) for MattM

:eek: deeb the brave! :eek:

Or not. We shall see. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rough Guide to Celebdaq ...

1) Look at the clock

2) If the big hand is pointing East to South East (at III, IV or V ;)), click here

3) If the top zleb is slowing down and the second zleb is catching up, keep a close eye on the Movers and prepare to switch

:)

EDIT: If anyone has one of those modern digital clocks, you'll have to invent a different system :p
  • ElCantoDelLocoElCantoDelLoco Posts: 6,637
    Forum Member
    :( So have I, and I'm holding on to them all next week too. Some I only paid £1.29 for.

:cry: I wish I'd had your courage As I said, I panicked and traded half of her shares just before Monday midnight.

Ah well, probably kneecapped next week so this'll be the last week I hold onto her.

:eek: I'm going to be capped too - I appear to have 3.5 million! And that's without getting the full dividend! :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rough Guide to Celebdaq ...

3) If the top zleb is slowing down and the second zleb is catching up, keep a close eye on the Movers and prepare to switch
    ;)OR NOT as the case may be! :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:D Great minds tally :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :D Indeed.

If I'd been around this morning, I'd have seen the signal to switch back.

With hindsight, I lost 4% commission, you didn't. :o
    Meanwhile, Su-Bo's yield is half MattM's and going lower.

I'd always switch if the leader looks as though they won't last overnight.
    :D Great minds tally :cool:

You got lucky as well :p
    £26m was pulled out of SB before midnight Friday and (temporarily) froze at £3.80

The signs were obvious. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did consider switching last night when I read your post but decided to be lazy as capping on Monday morning anyway, with looking like my biggest for a while (£4.5m so far)

Each weekend seems to produce a certain celeb who moves well for most of it so that was part of the reason for sticking with Su-Bo too. :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another test this hour ...
    £hour    |    £sp   |    %    |    Celeb
      --------------|----------|---------|--------------------------
          1,481,412 |     1.97 |  46.4%  | Rihanna
          1,011,485 |     4.36 |  31.7%  | Susan Boyle
            304,096 |  6335.34 |   9.5%  | Cheryl Cole
             72,369 |   786.62 |   2.3%  | Jenson Button

Low numbers but it looks to me like it's Rihanna's turn now, or very soon.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But as the maximum I paid for her was just over £2, my yield'll still be good. So I'm sticking.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, I follow your strategy, Tally.

The current PD leader would yield 123%.
    In your case, Su-Bo (66% at £4.40) would yield more like (138% bought at £2.10)

Once you switch, you can't get that advantage back.

Su-Bo's divi will grow. MattM's might not.

Looks like a winner, for you. Good luck :)