Options

Oprah Winfrey ‘Has Three Years Left to Live’

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    What a load of c**p! I agree, the National Enquirer isn't worth anything, I wouldn't wrap my fish in chips in it.

Speaking from experience I very much doubt she needs her thyroid removed. I had a very overactive thyroid in my early 20's a few years back and had it partially removed but that is an extreme and rare occurence, usually it's treatable with medication and underactive thyroids, which Oprah is supposed to have are much easier to control, usually by taking a tablet a day.

I would have thought the yo yo dieting is much more dangerous than a thyroid problem!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cherry pip wrote: »
    I think it's because Oprah has always sought attention for years now. Obviously her fame and money isn't enough to make up for what she lacks in life. She could have been very different if she'd have had children but it's hard to tell..she could have been even worse.

You what?

If she sneezes it would make the news nowadays. She's a phenomenon. I doubt she can do anything about fame nowadays. She's transcended that. She works incredibly hard (there's no way I would be up at 5.30am in my 50's, and taping 3 shows a day, running and financing a school, running a media empire, magazine, Radio and TV network )etc etc plus everything else that goes along with megacelebrity.

:eek: And what the hell has having children got to do with anything. Some of us knew we weren't meant for motherhood from an early age. It doesn't make us less fulfilled. Far better than to give birth because it's expected. :rolleyes:

Personally I think she's great. I'd rather 1 Oprah than a thousand Jordans /Kerry's and the rest of the dross we seem to be fascinated by.
  • Options
    pelicanopelicano Posts: 6,055
    Forum Member
    Remove her thyroid? Like that would help. :eek: Absolute rubbish.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tonio11 wrote: »
    Oprah Winfrey has just three years to live according to experts who have reviewed her medical history. Her weight has soared to 250 pounds - and medical experts say that unless the 55-year-old talk-show queen undergoes lifesaving surgery to remove her thyroid, she’ll eat her way into an early grave - The National Enquirer reports.

The National Enquirer FFS! Does anyone need to say more?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's exactly what I was going to post. You get medication to treat problems with your thyroid gland. NE is full of crap.

:D Quite the most insane piece of medical ignorance I have seen for a loooooooong time. An underactive thyroid CAN lead to rapid weight gain, but how removing it will stimulate it into greater activity is a mystery. What she actually needs, if we are into inventing fantasy medical treatments, is to have another thyroid put IN so she can have two working away at once to burn off the fat.

(BTW this is not a real treatment). 250 lbs is 18 stone, which is obese for a woman (not sure how tall she is) but to talk of "3 years to live" on the basis of it is infantile. There must be at least 20 clinical signs which would have to be measured before anyone could estimate her likely life expectancy, and I can positively guarantee that the National Enquirer has no information about any of them.
  • Options
    millymilly Posts: 5,871
    Forum Member
    I've got an overactive thyroid,i reckon it's worse than an underactive,they wanted to nuke my thyroid at first,but there is no chance i would ever consider it,unless all medications failed,but up to now,i'm doing ok..fingers crossed.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    milly wrote: »
    I've got an overactive thyroid,i reckon it's worse than an underactive,they wanted to nuke my thyroid at first,but there is no chance i would ever consider it,unless all medications failed,but up to now,i'm doing ok..fingers crossed.

Good luck with that.

Underactive thyroid is certainly easier to treat, which is why I'm sure Oprah's weight gain is no such thing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Good luck with that.

Underactive thyroid is certainly easier to treat, which is why I'm sure Oprah's weight gain is no such thing.
    That's why they wanted to give me the radio iodine,that would make me go underactive,which would be easier to treat,but i don't want anything radio active in my system:eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tonio11 wrote: »
    Oprah Winfrey has just three years to live according to experts who have reviewed her medical history. Her weight has soared to 250 pounds - and medical experts say that unless the 55-year-old talk-show queen undergoes lifesaving surgery to remove her thyroid, she’ll eat her way into an early grave - The National Enquirer reports.

Without the surgery, it’s unlikely that Oprah will ever be able to control her weight, and she could suffer a fatal heart attack or stroke, those experts warn.

http://downunderdaily.com/Entertainment/Celebrity/oprah-winfrey-has-three-years-left-to-live.html

Do you believe the National Enquirer?? They are a trashy rag who use to have reports about aliens and Elvis being alive. I can remeber an article about a lady who claimed aliens abducted her son and left fish fingers in his place. The NE is the kinda trash you take to the beach, read and throw away. And I also read months and months ago they said Patrick Swayze only had a month to live....so Im not gonna take on this rubbish about Oprah
  • Options
    markymidsmarkymids Posts: 1,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes and I have exactly 40 years 243 days 4 hours and 51 minutes left :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ...and 250lbs isn't that heavy either. For an American.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,053
    Forum Member
    Completely off topic really, but Oprah Winfrey is a mystery to me; you either see this woman as a stick thin, 8 stone, size 8, squeezing into a pair of jeans and bellowing to her audience, "heyyy look at meeeee", *whoop whoooop* "I've lost 400 stone"!!!! or she appears on TV and she's 18 stone again and struggling to get into trousers made out of two windsocks. Maybe its me, but I've never seen her actually inbetween weights :confused:

Maybe she's wearing a fat suit :D
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't believe anything printed in the National Enquirer.

A decidedly freaky rag which has been publishing all kinds of weird and wacky material for years.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tally wrote: »
    You what?

If she sneezes it would make the news nowadays. She's a phenomenon. I doubt she can do anything about fame nowadays. She's transcended that. She works incredibly hard (there's no way I would be up at 5.30am in my 50's, and taping 3 shows a day, running and financing a school, running a media empire, magazine, Radio and TV network )etc etc plus everything else that goes along with megacelebrity.

:eek: And what the hell has having children got to do with anything. Some of us knew we weren't meant for motherhood from an early age. It doesn't make us less fulfilled. Far better than to give birth because it's expected. :rolleyes:

Personally I think she's great. I'd rather 1 Oprah than a thousand Jordans /Kerry's and the rest of the dross we seem to be fascinated by.

That's your opinion but I don't share it. Many many people work hard and are older than Oprah Winfrey. She doesn't have to get up and do what she does..that is her choice. Sorry but there's many people in this world who do far more for free or anonymously but everytime OW does something it's splashed everywhere. I stopped watching her show because I found her too self absorbed.

And who said she should have had children..I didn't. It was a comment made because I wondered if it would have made a difference. Calm yourself here..if you don't like my post fine but see it for what it is..my opinion.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like OW's show but at times I find her too simplistic and judgemental. She has a good heart though. But I think she is a tiny bit overrated. Just my opinion.
  • Options
    ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    milly wrote: »

I had an overactive thyroid & you're right, it's more dangerous than underactive - can lead to heart problems etc. I had to have mine removed altogether in the end & now take replacement Thyroxine.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Electra wrote: »
    I had an overactive thyroid & you're right, it's more dangerous than underactive - can lead to heart problems etc. I had to have mine removed altogether in the end & now take replacement Thyroxine.

Doctor told me normal thyroid funtion is around 22,mine was 45,then 36,34,now it's 31,it's still very high,but it's going in the right direction.hopefully mine will go in remission,i don't want to have it removed.