Options

Neighbours: The One Soap No-One Should Be Missing... (P2)

Comments

• Options
    LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This Brad, Terese, Lauren palaver is doing my head in, and now we have Georgia on a wheezy warpath. Personally, I want to buy her surgeon a drink if we never have to hear her bang on about singing again.
  • Options
    JaymaJayma Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    incy wincy wrote: »
    Ah, thanks!

I don't think Nate is an awful character, I think he has good potential but I think the actor is a bit hit and miss. At first I thought he was okay as he was just doing the dark brooding thing, but he doesn't seem to have acting range for other emotions. However, I'm quite entranced by his eyebrows so I end up just watching them in his scenes!

BIB - Haha, glad it's not just me. Nates Eyebrows have become the talk of our household! :D

Brad and Lauren aren't being very considerate of their respective partners' feelings right now. Yes, they have Paige in common and it's tough on her not to be able to see them together, but she's an adult - she would understand it's a short-term thing until trust has been rebuilt.

Just things like Brad walking over to Paige's to invite her over, and accidentally meeting Lauren - I'm sure he has a phone, so didn't need to go over in person. Also, what was he thinking of, going into Harold's? He should be staying well clear of Lauren if he wants his marriage to survive, until his wife is feeling more secure in their relationship.

Deschanel, I also agree with the points you've made about all the secrets Lauren's kept from Matt regarding Brad. And I agree, the writing for Brad, Terese, Matt and Lauren has been great.
  • Options
    Get Den WattsGet Den Watts Posts: 6,039
    Forum Member
    Yeah right. As if a dress worn by Kate "flat chest" Ramsay would fit Paige.

I hate the way Brennan's voice goes all high like that when he's trying to act mad.
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I loved the twist of Paige buying one of Kate's old outfits. And she looked flipping dynamite! Get over it, Brennan. Your reward awaits!
  • Options
    MadgeMadge Posts: 6,492
    Forum Member
    I'm loving how Georgia keeps forgetting she's meant to be hoarse
  • Options
    mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    Before Brennan went irritatingly OTT I was about to say how enjoyable and watchable I found the relationships between him and Paige, and the one between Naomi and Josh.

But then he reacted stupidly so I'll change that to just Naomi and Josh :p.
  • Options
    TellystarTellystar Posts: 12,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What's the betting it all comes out about the surgeon having a funny turn in Georgia's op, and making a mistake, then a top notch surgeon hears of her plight, removes the scarring and there she is, singing a love song at their wedding?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tellystar wrote: »
    What's the betting it all comes out about the surgeon having a funny turn in Georgia's op, and making a mistake, then a top notch surgeon hears of her plight, removes the scarring and there she is, singing a love song at their wedding?

Yeah I'd put money on her being able to sing in time.
  • Options
    lobeydosserlobeydosser Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mojo5000 wrote: »
    Yeah I'd put money on her being able to sing in time.

it would join the huge list of other miraculous recoveries on Neighbours! Although it would be nice if we didn't have to put up with her singing !
  • Options
    lobeydosserlobeydosser Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mojo5000 wrote: »
    Before Brennan went irritatingly OTT I was about to say how enjoyable and watchable I found the relationships between him and Paige, and the one between Naomi and Josh.

But then he reacted stupidly so I'll change that to just Naomi and Josh :p.

How come PAige was wearing Kate's dress? HAs Paul been flogging off her stuff on ebay?
  • Options
    Old BlokeOld Bloke Posts: 1,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was it actually Kate's dress? Or a dress of the same colour that was vaguely similar?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    How come PAige was wearing Kate's dress? HAs Paul been flogging off her stuff on ebay?

He took her things to that second hand shop a while back.
  • Options
    retrovertigoretrovertigo Posts: 424
    Forum Member
    Brennan's reaction was hilarious. He used to be a detective, but his first reaction is "Oh my god. How dare you purposely show up for a date in my dead fiancé s dress".

This whole gym story. Paul prides himself on the quality of his hotel. But he was going to tell guests that from now on if they want to use a gym they need to trek over to the local gym that can cope with maybe half a dozen people at best.

Surprised at the love Terese gets here. Not liked her since day one. She is selfish and a control freak. The day she started working at Lassiters she was always trying to undermine Paul who actually owns the place. Plots with Matt to try and get Paige locked up so that her husband can gave nothing to do with the daughter he never knew existed.

Then expects hubby to never speak to Lauren who frequents the same 3 or 4 hangouts. Right.

Awful character.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So my sky+ Planner's preview for tomorrow is "Susan and Chris suspect Nate is suffering from PTSD".. Er you don't say :D

I had the horrible feeling Paige and Brenno were about to start having Kyle and Georgia style relationship misunderstandings but thankfully not

I liked liked the bit with Bailey getting awful advice off Lou (and then exceptionally dull advice off exceptionally dull Matt)
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,274
    Forum Member
    OMG. At Aussie pace, Josh's attempt at crying was hilariously bad. I laughed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So in the space of a week, Amber and Daniel have become super knitters, enough that they can real off jumpers for multiple trees while attending school and helping with other stuff.

My mum could knit like the clappers, but it still took her a week to crack out one glove *made from jaggedy arse wool I might add* :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dee123 wrote: »
    OMG. At Aussie pace, Josh's attempt at crying was hilariously bad. I laughed.

His crying isn't the best but as an actor Harley has improved massively in the last six months. I've actually enjoyed his scenes instead of hating them like when it was just awful Amber and swimming plots.
  • Options
    DeschanelDeschanel Posts: 8,745
    Forum Member
    I'm really enjoying Nate's story. It has depth, which means I can overlook any issues with Nate's character/acting. I like that it's topical and relevant; makes the Neighbours universe seem more real and not so irrelevant. If that makes sense. I also like that they're highlighting both sides of the story.

Imogen's finally toned it down and gone back to being likeable. It'll take a while before she's fully recovered as a character, though.
    So in the space of a week, Amber and Daniel have become super knitters, enough that they can real off jumpers for multiple trees while attending school and helping with other stuff.
    Worse still is the yarn bombing appeared the day after the tornado, when everyone was clearing up Lassister's. I can only assume Daniel had some random knits ready to go. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deschanel wrote: »
    Worse still is the yarn bombing appeared the day after the tornado, when everyone was clearing up Lassister's. I can only assume Daniel had some random knits ready to go. :D

Surf board cosies?:D
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good old Neighbours. Imogen fancies a tumble with Daniel=in love with him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    Good old Neighbours. Imogen fancies a tumble with Daniel=in love with him.

That L word doesn't half get chucked out easily

I like Paul's re election storyline but I'm reminded of the Simpsons episode where Lisa tells Mr.Burns when he tries to be good he's even more evil
  • Options
    DeschanelDeschanel Posts: 8,745
    Forum Member
    smfan123 wrote: »
    I like Paul's re election storyline but I'm reminded of the Simpsons episode where Lisa tells Mr.Burns when he tries to be good he's even more evil
    Snap!

I literally thought exactly the same thing. Paul was like Mr Burns trying to do good, while doing bad, and Sonya was in the role of Lisa Simpson. Such a random comparison that was probably accidental on the writers part.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deschanel wrote: »
    Snap!

I literally thought exactly the same thing. Paul was like Mr Burns trying to do good, while doing bad, and Sonya was in the role of Lisa Simpson. Such a random comparison that was probably accidental on the writers part.

Probably but i loved you thought the same too :)

There was something very Paul Robinson about the whole thing and i've loved him interacting with characters like Toadie and Sonya (and especially Sheila) since slowly getting over Kate's death
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Madge wrote: »
    I'm loving how Georgia keeps forgetting she's meant to be hoarse

she is doing my head in right now..Also her hoarsey voice reminds me of her cousin Gem.she was very irritating too :D,plus with her hair cut short it looks like Gem's..Oh dear, i hope she doesn't show up again..worse character in Neighbours in history lol
  • Options
    FluffyBunnykinsFluffyBunnykins Posts: 3,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    she is doing my head in right now..Also her hoarsey voice reminds me of her cousin Gem.she was very irritating too :D,plus with her hair cut short it looks like Gem's..Oh dear, i hope she doesn't show up again..worse character in Neighbours in history lol

Gem's now in prison, Wentworth Prison, C5 Wednesday evenings. Now called Sky:o
This discussion has been closed.