Nikita --- Living pace

TrollheartTrollheart Posts: 5,093
Forum Member
I know there are various threads scattered across the forum to do with the new program, but no specific one for discussing the show, that I can see, and since it begins on Thursday thought I may as well start one.

Obviously, no spoilers please and if you want to mention "La Femme Nikita" that's fine (I will be) but let's try not to compare the two shows. Well, not too much...! :cool:

Comments

• Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    La Femme Nikita was really rather dull.
    Bugger knows why someone is doing it again.

I don't have living, so I won't be watching and wouldn't even if I did have living.

OK I'll be off now :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love this show.

What episode are you guys on so I won't mention stuff before it shows in the UK?
  • TrollheartTrollheart Posts: 5,093
    Forum Member

I don't have living, so I won't be watching and wouldn't even if I did have living.

OK I'll be off now :)

What was the point of posting then?? :confused::confused:
    Forum Member
    I love this show.

What episode are you guys on so I won't mention stuff before it shows in the UK?

Starting with the pilot episode on Thursday
    Forum Member
    Trollheart wrote: »
    What was the point of posting then?? :confused::confused:

Do you read your own posts, you opened the door by mentioning Femme, so I did, as I said:
    Given the bits from the trailer I've seen, this looks equally charmless as Femme.
    Forum Member
    Surely this would only be of interest to those who LIKED LFN or were looking forward to the new series? I could go into countless LOST threads or Stargate threads and say how I didn;t like the show, but it would be a waste of my time and an insult to those who did like it.

Simple rule: if you don't like the show, don't post in its thread. Pointless otherwise.
  • leithladleithlad Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOVED La Femme and the various movie versions and intrigued to note this is a sequel of sorts,cast looks good so really looking forward to this having a long run.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 197
    Forum Member
    I've been looking forward to watching this since I heard it was being picked up here. It looks interesting from the adverts I've seen and will hopefully be a good series.
  • 00tommo00tommo Posts: 2,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anybody watch? I thought it was pretty good, a promising start.
    Maggie Q is rather attractive too!
    Forum Member
    Trollheart wrote: »
    Surely this would only be of interest to those who LIKED LFN or were looking forward to the new series? I could go into countless LOST threads or Stargate threads and say how I didn;t like the show, but it would be a waste of my time and an insult to those who did like it.

Simple rule: if you don't like the show, don't post in its thread. Pointless otherwise.

You're not comparing like with like, the various Star Trek off shoots would be closer to this, variations on a theme.
    Not liking a show and airing that opinion is not an insult to those who do like it.

Actually I liked the starting point for this is, a quality bit of work from Luc Besson.
    Then I got the dull charmless product LFN which went into the 'passes the time' catergory in my mind.
  • petestanpetestan Posts: 3,524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    00tommo wrote: »
    Anybody watch? I thought it was pretty good, a promising start.
    Maggie Q is rather attractive too!

I was and I agree a promising start looks good. :)

I liked La Femme also unlike prince monalulu. :D
  • srhDSsrhDS Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I decided to check this out and found it reasonably good. I have no experience of the previous incarnations of Nikita so I'm coming to this cold.
    I did cringe at the opening exposition voiceover, very clumsy. But then it got into the story and for a pilot episode it was rather good. Although the escape from the posh function was a little too easy.
    The characters seem likiable enough. Nikita pulled off the role well enough, she seems cold and hard enough to be an assasin while still having enough humanity to be the hero of the piece. Her persuer (Michael I think) does seem a little too nice to work for such an agency so hopefully there will be some character development for him showing how he ended up working for Division. This is similar to Sydney in the Pretender, you always wondered how he got there. The boss seems evil villainy enough although didn't see much of him. The other guys in Division seem human rather than just cardboard cutouts.
    I know there's little new in here, the female ass kicking agent trying to bring down evil agency has a lot in common with Alias. Person on the run from evil agency being hunted by previous friends and colleagues has many similarities with The Pretender. There are elements of Dollhouse and Dark Angel not to mention previous versions of Nikita.
    So now it remains to be seen where they take the premise. Presumably it will be mission of the week with the story arc developing in the background. It now depends on how good each weekly mission story is verus how well the story arc develops. Dollhouse got this mix badly wrong for the first half of season one.
    I will stick with this for a while and see how well it going.
  • Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wasnt anything special very predictable, it was obvious it was a dummy distraction at the cemetery. It was kind of boring In parts. It was obvious ho the mole was too, and I never watched the other series.

Will give it another chance though.
  • Mark AMark A Posts: 7,692
    Forum Member
    Seemed watchable to me. Whether it turns into unmissable remains to be seen, but it's a promising start. Girls with guns is always a good bet, of course.

Regards

Mark
  • DizagaoxDizagaox Posts: 4,733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nikita went very quickly from being a solid pilot to MUST SEE television, in the span of 4 episodes. It deserves all the success it can muster.
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I only watched it because of Shane West I must admit, I've missed him since he left ER! But I really liked it. Anyone know who Alex is? I recognise her from something else but can't remember what.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shelleyj89 wrote: »
    I only watched it because of Shane West I must admit, I've missed him since he left ER! But I really liked it. Anyone know who Alex is? I recognise her from something else but can't remember what.

Lyndsy Fonseca. She played Dylan in Desp. Housewives and was in Kick Ass as well.
  • HappyTruckerHappyTrucker Posts: 534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lyndsy Fonseca. She played Dylan in Desp. Housewives and was in Kick Ass as well.

And the daughter in the in-fills in How I Met Your Mother
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Ah, Desperate Housewives, that's where I know her from! Thanks!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hope it dont turn out to be a monster of the week style series.
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it was pretty good. I've seen both films and the other TV series. The other TV series was pretty poor to begin with, with lots of shallow writing (eg the trope of the bad guy killing one of his own team just to show how bad he was, happened in virtually every episode it seemed). I've also seen Alias, which I loved, but its pilot was fairly dull as I remember, mostly involving her cover story.

Anyway, I like what they have done with this pilot. It's especially nice to see the Cleaner as apparently a major character, because he was under-used in La Femme. Michael and Amanda are promising. I'm a bit disappointed that the agency has been recast as out-and-out evil, because I remember it being more ambiguous. I hope Nikita has been doing something interesting for these last 3 years.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I would think "Living Pace" gives a teeny clue as to the fact it's UK Pace :)

anyway, watching it now and not bad so far - hasn't really grabbed me, but i'm going to give it a chance as most things take a couple of episodes to really get going.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just finished watching it - actually ended up quite liking it so i'll stick with it. the twist at the end was quite good.

as long as maggie q keeps appearing in her underwear, that'll keep me interested if the episode isn't that great :)
    Hope it dont turn out to be a monster of the week style series.

thing is, that's the type of series that tends to survive in the states - episodic shows that continue a story arc throughout always tend to struggle i think.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would think "Living Pace" gives a teeny clue as to the fact it's UK Pace :)

anyway, watching it now and not bad so far - hasn't really grabbed me, but i'm going to give it a chance as most things take a couple of episodes to really get going.

I know that but I didn't know what episode the UK was on. :)
  • srhDSsrhDS Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know that but I didn't know what episode the UK was on. :)

We've just had the pilot this week. so we're a bit behind. No spoilers please :)