Britney performing at the Grammys 2011

chuck_wipplchuck_wippl Posts: 5,099
Forum Member
Couldn't find a thread on this, but did y'all hear?! :D

According to Perez, Britney will (EDIT: might) be performing at the Grammys this year!!!! :eek: However he does eventually state that her people sort of denied the confirmation, and it's not like he's been wrong in the past (Fidel Castro death, anyone?) but I think there's a massive possibility that he could be right on this one. Could you imagine?! Here's the article:
"Sources reveal exclusively to PerezHilton.com that Britney Spears will be performing at the Grammy Awards in Los Angeles on Sunday, February 13th.

Wow! Wow! Wow!

We're shocked! We didn't expect her to do much promo for this new album!

This will be Spears' first "live" TV performance in years!

Right now there are no plans for her to open the show but we're told that "she's been rehearsing for weeks and it's gonna be a truly great performance!"

We can't wait!!!!

Update: A rep for Britney Spears tells us, "We have not confirmed a performance at the Grammys at this time."

Mmmhhmmmm!

Our sources are very very good on this one!"

So if she does perform, I really hope she'll have the energy and excitement her legendary Oops I Did It Again performance (skip to the 1.30 mark and make sure you watch the whole thing!!) had at the MTV VMAs 2000. I mean, I know it was 11 years ago, but I do honestly think she's still got it in her!! She just has to want it and believe that we're all dying to see her get back to her former state of glory :)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Couldn't find a thread on this, but did y'all hear?! :D

According to Perez, Britney will (EDIT: might) be performing at the Grammys this year!!!! :eek: However he does eventually state that her people sort of denied the confirmation, and it's not like he's been wrong in the past (Fidel Castro death, anyone?) but I think there's a massive possibility that he could be right on this one. Could you imagine?! Here's the article:

So if she does perform, I really hope she'll have the energy and excitement her legendary Oops I Did It Again performance (skip to the 1.30 mark and make sure you watch the whole thing!!) had at the MTV VMAs 2000. I mean, I know it was 11 years ago, but I do honestly think she's still got it in her!! She just has to want it and believe that we're all dying to see her get back to her former state of glory :)

well she's had a lot of training and coaching over the recording of the album and preparation for video's and performances and vocals i think!

I would hope it is true! and a performance like in 2000 would be fantastic!!! :) for HIAM, with a vocoder for effect and she can still sing it live! as it's a song that will work with that. Just hope she also has backing vocalists to reinforce the overall performance too :)

will be a corker of a show if that will happen!
  • ben1993ben1993 Posts: 1,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please Godney Let This Be True
  • chuck_wipplchuck_wippl Posts: 5,099
    Forum Member
    There are also rumours that GaGa will be performing as well, so get ready for lots of comparisons and forum cat fights! :eek: :D
  • ben1993ben1993 Posts: 1,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gaga will perform no doubt, but honestly Britney would steal the limelight completely if she performed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ben1993 wrote: »
    Gaga will perform no doubt, but honestly Britney would steal the limelight completely if she performed.

i remember she got as much attention in the media for just attending last year as Beyonce, P!nk and Gag after their performances the following day. and snapshots of her there etc.

so when she performs of course everywhere is gonna go crazily insane!!!

there'll be comparisons and cat fights of course, but i say whatever! each to their own but we all know who'll come out on top!

anyways Britney always has had amazing live sets, and the Grammy show i would love for her to sing it live too! i know she can do it :)
  • prasanthprasanth Posts: 1,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't think a Britney performance would be in tone with the Grammys ?
  • umr3000umr3000 Posts: 1,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Errr... Britney is a global musical superstar, and the Grammy's are the biggest and most prestigious music award ceremonies in the world... therefore they kind of go hand in hand and totally make sense.
    It's ridiculous to say a performance by Britney wouldn't be keeping in tone with the show... it's all about versatility and variety plus Britney likes to change it up and has put on several different types of performances in the past.

I just really hope Britney does actually perform and gives us a real kick ass performance... it would be just a brilliant next step to what already is shaping up to be a fantastic year for her career wise.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
    Forum Member
    ^

The Grammys don't traditionally go hand in hand with Britney though, she's one big act that they seem to repeatedly avoid awarding. To this date she's only got one, and it was an off-air category. It's like the early Madonna years, they shunned her until Ray of Light.

Hopefully though, they're lightening up. Obviously she's not going to win Best Pop Vocal awards or even the 'big ones' of the night because she's just too pop and not "real music" enough for them, but she definitely deserves more notoriety in the Dance/Electronica area.

Gaga getting so many nominations despite being a dance/pop act might be an indication that they're open to it now. Taylor Swift winning album of the year and Katy Perry being nominated this year also seem to be pointing toward the Grammys being less snobby. Who knows though.

Anyways, the hype ratio between Gaga and Britney will be pretty substantially tipped toward the former on the basic level that she's premiering her new single, whilst the latter will have had hers out for a month. Simply; there will be more to talk about with Gaga, and that's not even factoring in a shock performance a la VMA.
    Forum Member

Gaga getting so many nominations despite being a dance/pop act might be an indication that they're open to it now. Taylor Swift winning album of the year and Katy Perry being nominated this year also seem to be pointing toward the Grammys being less snobby. Who knows though.

Anyways, the hype ratio between Gaga and Britney will be pretty substantially tipped toward the former on the basic level that she's premiering her new single, whilst the latter will have had hers out for a month. Simply; there will be more to talk about with Gaga, and that's not even factoring in a shock performance a la VMA.

Katy Perry AND Justin Bieber!! :eek: Best Pop Album Vocal from either one of them?! Give me a break.. GaGa should win that one fo' sho'!

I thought the Grammys don't buy into hype? Or are they the ones that do? I can't remember. There's a certain awards ceremony that's looked upon as a bit of a joke these days in respect of who they nominate and playing with the dates of release. Is it the Grammys? :confused:
    Forum Member
    Katy Perry AND Justin Bieber!! :eek: Best Pop Album Vocal from either one of them?! Give me a break.. GaGa should win that one fo' sho'!

I thought the Grammys don't buy into hype? Or are they the ones that do? I can't remember. There's a certain awards ceremony that's looked upon as a bit of a joke these days in respect of who they nominate and playing with the dates of release. Is it the Grammys? :confused:

SuBo, Justin Bieber, Katy Perry, John Mayer and Gaga are up for Pop Vocal Album. :eek:

After Taylor Swift winning the ALBUM of the year, not just one of the lesser categories...I think it's fair to say they extremely do buy into the hype now. They didn't use to.

Katy Perry being included into the Album of the Year is borderline ridiculous, especially when you consider than Bad Romance was snubbed from Song/Record of the Year. What are they up to? You can't buy into hype in some categories and then turn a blind eye in others. BR is a hugely acclaimed pop song...it's weird that they favoured Love the Way You Lie, Empire State of Mind and Nothin on You over it.

So yeah, they're definitely in some sort of weird purgatory between hype-buying and credibility.
  • Red+BloodedRed+Blooded Posts: 4,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shes performing on the grammys and the brits i do hope she sings live on at least one of them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shes performing on the grammys and the brits i do hope she sings live on at least one of them.

me too! i think it's really possible though, she's been training for the past few months. So for certain i would love her too :)

maybe do something with a vocoder for live effects too :) something MIA perhaps :cool: with slick choreography! will be fire! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not too sure about the Brit Awards, but rumours are rife about a possile Grammy performance... I soooooo want her to do it, please let the rumours be true!!
    Forum Member
    As for her singing live, I think she should do :sleep: Or at least sing live in the bits where she's not dancing, with a massively loud backing track a la One Direction on The X Factor.

She can do it, but like I said before, she just has to believe she can do it, as I think Britney really lacks confidence these days :( so chooses to take the easy way out/safe option by not singing live at all. But she CAN sing live! :eek:

Let's be honest, she's not amaaaazing, she's no Leona for example, but as a fan, I love the sound of her voice :) and do think she can hold a tune. I would just love to see her attempt to sing live on this "comeback".
    Forum Member
    Singing live for her would be more impacting and hype generating than anything else she could do on stage.

Well, either that or a really intense dance routine.

If she lip-syncs, the choreography would need to be REALLY slick for her to get any props from the performance.

At the Grammys, she would probably be blasted beyond belief for not singing live. You can't get away with that these days.
  • PaparazzoPaparazzo Posts: 6,155
    Forum Member
    Is this singing or miming?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah yay, another 3:50 minutes of a CD playing through my television.
  • Scoobyh1Scoobyh1 Posts: 2,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has this actually been confirmed? Would be amazing if she performed though.
  • SpotlightSpotlight Posts: 165
    Forum Member
    james-dean wrote: »
    Ah yay, another 3:50 minutes of a CD playing through my television.

Pathetic, isn't it? Honestly, it's one thing to mime from time to time, but ALL the time? Where's the talent in that? And it's not like she dances that much anymore, so people can't use that old excuse.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lip syncing to pre-recorded vocals I think is fine if you actually put on a big show, with complexed dance moves, otherwise it's not really justifiable.

To be fair Britney has performed once at the Grammy awards before where she actually did put on a live vocal performance.... so i'm guessin' if she were to perform again she would do the same.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well there's gonna be HUGE choreography so this slating will not let up :cool:
  • Mr. FahrenheitMr. Fahrenheit Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member