2nd $ky+ in less than a month!

TOFFEEMAN1878TOFFEEMAN1878 Posts: 75
Forum Member
Just had another $ky+ Box go Tits up after a Power Cut ,Stuck in Stand By ,anyone have Ideas or is it new box time again this was a refurbished one will that make any difference ?....Jim :mad:

Comments

• digitalsatmandigitalsatman Posts: 7,057
    Forum Member
    All I can say is: I had 4 Sky+ boxes in less than a month!

It seems like new box time!
  • SPARKIE1984SPARKIE1984 Posts: 1,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hi toffeeman,
    i am on my 7h box in 4months!2 tomson, 2 pace pvr2's, 2 amstrads and finally a pace pvr3 after an email to mr murdocj and 2 months free viewing!

sparkie
  • mikwmikw Posts: 48,715
    Forum Member
    hi toffeeman,
    i am on my 7h box in 4months!2 tomson, 2 pace pvr2's, 2 amstrads and finally a pace pvr3 after an email to mr murdocj and 2 months free viewing!

sparkie

By heck! That's unlucky. At least 2 of every make of box! Anyone beat this failure rate?

And please nobody tell me that Amstrads are rubbish after that.
  • TOFFEEMAN1878TOFFEEMAN1878 Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    So, I take then there is no way I can Access ,the Installer Menu ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Services > 4 > 0 > 1 > SELECT. Nothing happens until you press select.

Oh, and I had nine boxes in six months! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    I'm on my second one in a week.

After waiting 6 weeks for the install, they gave me an Amstrad which was truly awful. Fan noise like it was taking off and hard drive clicking that could be heard over the TV volume. They came today with a refurb Pace - and while I'd have preferred a new 'new' box, I'll take the refurb Pace over a new Amstrad. I was assured it would still be covered by the Sky+ 12 month warranty that's only just started to run so not too worried.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just had another $ky+ Box go Tits up after a Power Cut ,Stuck in Stand By ,anyone have Ideas or is it new box time again this was a refurbished one will that make any difference ?....Jim :mad:

What is this $ky+ box? Maybe you should bin it and get a Sky+ box. :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hi toffeeman,

sparkie

What do you lot do to these boxes?? Are you shutting them away in cabinets and cooking them?
    My Sky+ box has been going for years without a problem..
  • mikwmikw Posts: 48,715
    Forum Member
    Glenn24v wrote:
    What do you lot do to these boxes?? Are you shutting them away in cabinets and cooking them?
    My Sky+ box has been going for years without a problem..

Same here, and it's an Amstrad too