Options

how to contact yahoo if you don't have an account with them?

planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
Forum Member
hi can anyone help...i don't have a yahoo account but spam is being sent in my name from multiple yahoo accounts i have been searching for ages trying to contact yahoo to get them to close these accounts but because i don't have an account none of the methods they suggest work. does anyone have an email address i could contact or a best way of dealing with this?
thanks

Comments

• Options
    user123456789user123456789 Posts: 16,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yahoo is a global company an your name might not be unique around the world, how can the emails be in your name if you have no account with them?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    anniebrion wrote: »
    Yahoo is a global company an your name might not be unique around the world, how can the emails be in your name if you have no account with them?

actually it so happens my name is unique.....there are less than 8 people in the world with my surname and none with the same christian name.
    they are being sent to friends of mine and show as coming from me, then when you click details there are several different yahoo addresses on different spam mails
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Think you might have to read up on how spammer forge email addresses ;)

If you have no account with them then you know the emails are forged, I would report them to spam cop then forget about them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Think you might have to read up on how spammer forge email addresses ;)

If you have no account with them then you know the emails are forged, I would report them to spam cop then forget about them.

the problem is from searching online i can only report them to yahoo as spam if i have a yahoo account. i don't know what "spam cop" is sorry :(:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member

thank you annie much appreciated enjoy your weekend :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 142
    Forum Member
    Reporting spam to Yahoo can be done here
    http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/ymail/spam.html
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Dim-Star wrote: »
    Reporting spam to Yahoo can be done here
    http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/ymail/spam.html

thank you Dim-Star appreciate the help :)
  • Options
    robertcrowtherrobertcrowther Posts: 262
    Forum Member
    Hi, came across this thread and my thoughts are: Do you have a facebook account? I ask this because there is an app going around facebook at the moment which is doing what you describe and it is using yahoo email addresses.