Options

Who stole all the laughs?

planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
Forum Member
In the gap between civilian BB and CBB I took a look back at threads from previous BBs, and it brought to the fore that in previous years BB was fun.

This year the BB highlights show concentrated almost exclusively on arguments. The tedious "love triangle" was only included because it was a source of confrontation between Dexter and Callum.

This has extended to CBB, there have been some really funny moments and exchanges which have been ignored in favour of pointless moaning or attempts at confrontation.

Where's the fun gone?
Who did steal all the laughs?

Comments

• Options
    An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    Good question.
  • Options
    snickypoosnickypoo Posts: 2,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The fun police were def patrolling earlier regarding Carole and her 'Raging Alcholism'!:rolleyes: She was fissed as a part last night on LF:D When Mario and Charlotte dragged her to her bed and unceremoniously dumped her face down in a heap laughing, made me laugh!:D Then to see her teetering across the bedroom heading to the loo giggling with the rest of the HMs either laughing or tutting at her amused me no end!:D But there have been threads on here today complaining that BB are giving the HMs too much booze? Give them booze I say if Im going to see a bit more than a load of people sleeping!
    They were having great fun last night and I really enjoyed watching LF, and I cant say that about every LF! If booze=fun give them booze! they are all adults after all!:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    snickypoo wrote: »
    The fun police were def patrolling earlier regarding Carole and her 'Raging Alcholism'!:rolleyes: She was fissed as a part last night on LF:D When Mario and Charlotte dragged her to her bed and unceremoniously dumped her face down in a heap laughing, made me laugh!:D Then to see her teetering across the bedroom heading to the loo giggling with the rest of the HMs either laughing or tutting at her amused me no end!:D But there have been threads on here today complaining that BB are giving the HMs too much booze? Give them booze I say if Im going to see a bit more than a load of people sleeping!
    They were having great fun last night and I really enjoyed watching LF, and I cant say that about every LF! If booze=fun give them booze! they are all adults after all!:D

this brings up the connection between the slant of the highlights show and the mood on the forum: when the show is all about confrontation the threads are mainly confrontational: whether it's hazel v gina, dexter v everyone else, or in CBB the topics have been mainly racism, alcoholism, slagism etc it's like a battlefield.

what happened to all the Mint Banter?:D
  • Options
    TheManWhoLaughsTheManWhoLaughs Posts: 7,271
    Forum Member
    The trouble with a lot of the "funny" moments is that they're so dependent on whether or not you like the housemates. Dexter dressing up as a woman was a classic all-time LOLomg brilliant piece of comedy genius to his fans, but to his detractors it was another depressingly calculated attempt at getting airtime. And the reverse with Sam's cheesy jokes that were either funny or disgustingly sexist proof of him being a heartless monster, depending on which side you were on.

Even Becky singing her "chicken nugnugs" song was hugely criticised on here (not that it was funny, but I don't know why people couldn't accept it was probably just her attempt to kill some time while being bored).

Fanwars kill the fun.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The trouble with a lot of the "funny" moments is that they're so dependent on whether or not you like the housemates. Dexter dressing up as a woman was a classic all-time LOLomg brilliant piece of comedy genius to his fans, but to his detractors it was another depressingly calculated attempt at getting airtime. And the reverse with Sam's cheesy jokes that were either funny or disgustingly sexist proof of him being a heartless monster, depending on which side you were on.

Even Becky singing her "chicken nugnugs" song was hugely criticised on here (not that it was funny, but I don't know why people couldn't accept it was probably just her attempt to kill some time while being bored).

Fanwars kill the fun.

i definitely agree with the bit in bold....was it always this way or have i got rose tinted glasses on?

.....i remember the box task, and overnight tasks over many different series which generated a lot of laughs naturally rather than say the premeditated "fun" of for example Charlie dressing up as nanna (thankfully hidden in live feed never to see the light of day) or the Twins execrable "comedy" bickering.

i feel the way the show is directed towards confrontation leaks onto the forum.....
  • Options
    AvidianAvidian Posts: 6,049
    Forum Member
    planets wrote: »
    <Bite>

Mint Banter here :D

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1056846

Poor Haberdasher :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Avidian wrote: »

that was one of the threads i read which brought this whole subject up!!! :D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this brings up the connection between the slant of the highlights show and the mood on the forum: when the show is all about confrontation the threads are mainly confrontational: whether it's hazel v gina, dexter v everyone else, or in CBB the topics have been mainly racism, alcoholism, slagism etc it's like a battlefield.

I will be interested to see what is shown on the HLs tonight and how is is portrayed, obviously, I dont expect them to show a whole hour of Carole raving drunk, but I hope they show how much fun they were all having:D(Apart from Louie, who had the same look on his face that my Dad used to get at family party's if I got a bit squiffy by slurping my Nana's sherry when she wasn't looking!):D:D
  • Options
    achroachro Posts: 3,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What? The last two CBB's were also about the arguments and drama.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    achro wrote: »
    What? The last two CBB's were also about the arguments and drama.

sorry achro, i am talking about ch4 BBs and CBBs, channel 5 was unavailable to me until very recently so i didn't see them. Perhaps i should have been clearer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    that was one of the threads i read which brought this whole subject up!!! :D:D
    Kris's Mint Banter is probably the funniest thing Ive read on here!:D:D It doesnt matter how many times I read it, it is still mint!:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I will be interested to see what is shown on the HLs tonight and how is is portrayed, obviously, I dont expect them to show a whole hour of Carole raving drunk, but I hope they show how much fun they were all having:D(Apart from Louie, who had the same look on his face that my Dad used to get at family party's if I got a bit squiffy by slurping my Nana's sherry when she wasn't looking!):D:D

me too!!! there was a tweet from the person who directed last night's feed saying it was the funniest he has ever worked on...
    if we get 45 minutes of sophie moaning i will be on Dave's gibbet....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Kris's Mint Banter is probably the funniest thing Ive read on here!:D:D It doesnt matter how many times I read it, it is still mint!:D:D

*slips into v necked t shirt, sprays on some lynx, checks skinny jeans, passes a cheeky magners*

it's totally mint!
    and brought back Kris in such perfect detail!!!!:cool: <<Kris in his kool aviators
  • Options
    sangrealsangreal Posts: 20,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Grinch
  • Options
    The_BonoboThe_Bonobo Posts: 5,648
    Forum Member
    All the racism and PC talk made me think of this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71E4lvaQrBQ

Bernard Righton.

It makes me laugh anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *slips into v necked t shirt, sprays on some lynx, checks skinny jeans, passes a cheeky magners*

it's totally mint!
    and brought back Kris in such perfect detail!!!!:cool: <<Kris in his kool aviators
    I have spent a fair bit of the weekend You tubing Kris:o:o I wish I knew someone in actual real life as cool as Kris!:cool:

The way he got Sree down on the bed and tickled him........awesome!:cool::D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The_Bonobo wrote: »
    All the racism and PC talk made me think of this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71E4lvaQrBQ

Bernard Righton.

It makes me laugh anyway.

what a great example of an integrated community :D
    thanks for that Bonobo
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I have spent a fair bit of the weekend You tubing Kris:o:o I wish I knew someone in actual real life as cool as Kris!:cool:

The way he got Sree down on the bed and tickled him........awesome!:cool::D

^^^^
    in a totally non gay way of course.....
  • Options
    The_BonoboThe_Bonobo Posts: 5,648
    Forum Member
    what a great example of an integrated community :D
    thanks for that Bonobo

That's my fave bit. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^^^
    in a totally non gay way of course.....
    Goes without saying!;):D
  • Options
    JonDoeJonDoe Posts: 31,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It'll be fun again, once we've figured out once and for all what is racist and what isn't.

It's important stuff, it needs to be tackled. ;)
  • Options
    anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I totally agree. This BB was the most humourless and nasty of all. No-one in the house demonstrated any kind of real sense of humour .BB reinforced that with divisive and friction inducing interference.We were given a complete set of BB MISERABLE professional wannabees IMO.Where does it go from here?
  • Options
    JonDoeJonDoe Posts: 31,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anne_666 wrote: »
    We were given a complete set of BB MISERABLE professional wannabees?

Well that's certainly never happened before.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JonDoe wrote: »
    Well that's certainly never happened before.

I don't think to such a degree.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JonDoe wrote: »
    It'll be fun again, once we've figured out once and for all what is racist and what isn't.

It's important stuff, it needs to be tackled. ;)

Time and cash would be well spent if BB sent themselves on a course.;)