Options

whats the longest you've gone without eating

13»

Comments

• Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    I run the risk of being called a liar, but people who trust me on here will know I speak the truth.

I have gallstones and used to have frequent attacks (not so bad now). The only solution I found was to not eat anything whatsoever. At one point, I wasn't even able to take tablets.

Anyway, after one 'attack' I started eating only to get the pain again so was too scared to eat again. This went on for a few days, until I completely lost any appetite and didn't want food or drink, other than a few sips of water.

I had no ill effects whatsoever, I'm quite overweight so probably lived off of fat. I never thought of food, had pangs or wanted any. But this went on for 30, yes 30 continuous days. I just got used to it and started to get scared about how long it would last for.

It only came to a halt when my Mum bought me a special drink for people without appetites. Of course she'd bought me others but a tiny sip had made me sick. This one was OK. I managed that without being ill after so started eating again.

I wouldn't go to the doctor as I knew he'd want to send me to hospital, and I had no after effects, it just became 'normal'.

I often wonder how long it could have gone on for.
  • Options
    dennisspoonerdennisspooner Posts: 2,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I run the risk of being called a liar, but people who trust me on here will know I speak the truth.

I have gallstones and used to have frequent attacks (not so bad now). The only solution I found was to not eat anything whatsoever. At one point, I wasn't even able to take tablets.

Anyway, after one 'attack' I started eating only to get the pain again so was too scared to eat again. This went on for a few days, until I completely lost any appetite and didn't want food or drink, other than a few sips of water.

I had no ill effects whatsoever, I'm quite overweight so probably lived off of fat. I never thought of food, had pangs or wanted any. But this went on for 30, yes 30 continuous days. I just got used to it and started to get scared about how long it would last for.

It only came to a halt when my Mum bought me a special drink for people without appetites. Of course she's bought me others but a tiny sip had made me sick. This one was OK. I managed that without being ill after so started eating again.

I wouldn't go to the doctor as I knew he'd want to send me to hospital, and I had no after effects, it just became 'normal'.

30 days still doesnt beat my 60 days.

But both equally ineffective for long term weight loss
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    30 days still doesnt beat my 60 days.

But both equally ineffective for long term weight loss

No, but you said you had custard. :) I literally had sips of water and apart from the sip of those glucose drinks (that I couldn't take) - that was it!

TMI (sorry) but I even had to have suppositories as tablets and more than a sip of water made me puke.
  • Options
    SexbombSexbomb Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    3 days and that was murder :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 373
    Forum Member
    its dangerous to go without food for more than 2/3 days without medical advice
    surely.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did 24 hours for a sponsored famine. Never again :D I was that weak at the end of it that the bus hit a tiny kerb and I fell off my seat :D:D
  • Options
    jabegyjabegy Posts: 6,201
    Forum Member
    LostFool wrote: »
    Slightly OT, but I've now gone 25 days without alcohol (which is a kind of food!)- which is probably the longest I've gone in the 20 years since I was 16.

Good for you, hope you can keep it up. Wish my hubby had as much willpower :mad:

Back to the OP's question, I've gone a day without eating. Couldn't do it for any longer !
  • Options
    KaylanKaylan Posts: 1,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    7 Days.

By choice.

Just water and B&H (Bensons and Hedges) ((for thoes who need to ask))

:D
  • Options
    the_only_onethe_only_one Posts: 342
    Forum Member
    1365 days, i was in a coma
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1365 days, i was in a coma

Wow Impressive! :rolleyes:

I have personally gone 7days on nothing but pure water. No food, no juices, no tea or coffee just water.

In a couple of weeks I'll hopefully be doing a 30 day water only fast. Looking forward to it :D:D:D:D
  • Options
    kev4449kev4449 Posts: 2,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whats the fast for if you dont mind me asking?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kev4449 wrote: »
    Whats the fast for if you dont mind me asking?

Extreme weight loss/detox.

Before anybody complains I know the dangers to my health and I'm not recommending anybody to do this!

However, it's a personal choice due a sane and competent adult.
  • Options
    kev4449kev4449 Posts: 2,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How much weight you trying to lose?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kev4449 wrote: »
    How much weight you trying to lose?

Aiming for 25-30 pounds but we'll see what happens!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    About 17 days :)
  • Options
    Uncle FesterUncle Fester Posts: 15,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forced to drink nothing but water for four days , in hospital for a very detailed blood test
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nearly a week
    I was still drinking coffee and pepsi though..
    I was going through my 'got to be thin'stage:o